Dana - #5 beating #10 better than #2 over #3

Wanderlei4Life

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
conor-mcgregorPNG.png

UFC president Dana White on Thursday confirmed that a victory will earn the brash Irishman a shot at UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo.

At this point in time you can't honestly be surprised anymore.

If there's one thing the UFC hates to do, it's put Frankie Edgar in title fights...

That was sarcasm. Edgar probably gets the winner.

conor-mcgregorPNG.png

The fact that he leap frogs Edgar for the title is a joke.

Edgar is ranked 2 and tapped out 3 in Cub.

Conor at 5 if he beats Silver who is 10 is better than Frankie?

Might as well dump all the "official" UFC rankings in the trash then.
couldn't agree more dropping a hundo on siver and on the off chance he wins ill have 800 bucks and possibly be the happiest man in the world

Rankings don't matter ... obviously

UFC is nothing more than a glorified WWE.

The fact that he leap frogs Edgar for the title is a joke.

Edgar is ranked 2 and tapped out 3 in Cub.

Conor at 5 if he beats Silver who is 10 is better than Frankie?

Might as well dump all the "official" UFC rankings in the trash then.[/QUOTE]

Edgar already leap frog everyone on the division the first time he fought and LOSE to Aldo, Didnt Aldo just beat Mendes for the 2nd time?? Get someone new to fight for a title for a change.....

lol the rankings were never official

Frankie had a shot, he'll get another. Aldo/GOAT is the best matchup you could have at FW. Aldo finally faced with a different challenge than a wrestler who thinks he's a boxer.

UFC owes Aldo a BIG payday. Aldo wants the fight. The fans want it. No problem.

Hendricks vs Lawlor is a different story. I think only Hendricks wants that. Hope no one buys it.

No one has a better resume at fw than Frankie!

UFC would be even less legitimate if they based all of their matchups off of journalist-made rankings.

new challenger
bigger hype
more $$$

This. is it really hard to understand?

At the same moment people are bitching about the Lawler v Hendricks rematch, they are calling for either a Mendes/Aldo or Edgar/Aldo rematch. I don't get it.

I'm personally sick of rematches.

Connor/Aldo is a bigger fight than anything else they can make at FW.

Rankings help and give context, but what makes you think they are the be all end all manner of granting title shots? Shouldn't the UFC also consider fights that fans want to see? At this point it's clear Conor has legit earned a shot.... So has Edgar, but it doesn't mean if conor gets the shot now , Edgar is fired. Quit crying

This. is it really hard to understand?

At the same moment people are bitching about the Lawler v Hendricks rematch, they are calling for either a Mendes/Aldo or Edgar/Aldo rematch. I don't get it.

I'm personally sick of rematches.

Connor/Aldo is a bigger fight than anything else they can make at FW.

Exactly, Aldo has cleared out the majority of his division already, so fighting ranks #2-10 is really not that much different for him right now. a challenger with an interesting style paring and a legit record has come to the top half of the rankings so why not? I don't understand anyone's objections. Edgar had his chance and he will get another one whoever wins... I'd rather see a new fight than another rematch also.

Hasn't Frankie had enough title shots?

Life isn't fair. Frankie got his title shot coming off two losses.

Back