Dan Ige shows bad prideful mindset of a wrestler

Ideanudge

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
which often happens in UFC. Going after the takedowns after you fail and are obviously the weaker man. Not caring about success in striking but going after takedowns after you're gassed and getting stuffed. It's pride and wrestling mindset of grinding through, but it is often misplaced and very bad fight iq.

which often happens in UFC. Going after the takedowns after you fail and are obviously the weaker man. Not caring about success in striking but going after takedowns after you're gassed and getting stuffed. It's pride and wrestling mindset of grinding through, but it is often misplaced and very bad fight iq.

He's pretty terrible. He should have lost against Barboza too. So in reality he should be 1-3 in his last four fights, and he koed Tucker in like first seconds of the fight so...Tucker probably would've handled him.

Tyler Treese
Sherdog.com 29-28 Ige
Drake Riggs
TheBodyLockMMA.com 29-28 Ige
MMAMania.com 28-29 Barboza
MMAJunkie.com 28-29 Barboza
Tim Burke
BloodyElbow.com 28-29 Barboza
Tristen Critchfield
Sherdog.com 28-29 Barboza
Jay Pettry
Danny Segura
MMAJunkie.com 28-29 Barboza
Paul Fontaine
WrestlingObserver.com 28-29 Barboza
Steve Duncan
mma.uno 28-29 Barboza
Dayne Fox
BloodyElbow.com 28-29 Barboza
Chris Connor
The Fight City 28-29 Barboza
SevereMMA.com 28-29 Barboza
Dominik Durniat
Polsat Sport 28-29 Barboza
Ryan Frederick
WrestlingObserver.com 28-29 Barboza
Rob Tatum
CombatPress.com 28-29 Barboza
Eric Kowal
MyMMANews.com 28-29 Barboza
Keith Shillan

I think it's a bit of a mental break when they do that, it's not pride as much as he feels super gassed, and wants a second to rest

Definitely really stupid though

I can't believe Dan didn't even put up a struggle with KZs wrestling and ground game. The Zombie made it look easy.

I don’t care for Ige in these big fights, i realise he is tough and shit but i have no interest in seeing guys merely survive.

I feel like Bisping and Cruz was biased for Ige the whole fight wanting him to beat KZ.
Most definitely. A man would think that he will hear more of a reaction for someone who is winning the fight handily.

Most definitely. A man would think that he will hear more of a reaction for someone who is winning the fight handily.
Kz is old and may never reach the belt, Ige is willing to get beat up and keep pressing forward so naturally the ufc may want to take a chance on him while his record I'd solid and we don't know know how far he goes.. but I'm glad he won I was rotting for him

Last edited:
Kz is old and may never reach the belt, Ige is willing to get beat up and keep pressing forward so naturally the ufc may want to take a chance on him while his record I'd solid and we don't know know how far he goes[/QUOT
Kz is old and may never reach the belt, Ige is willing to get beat up and keep pressing forward so naturally the ufc may want to take a chance on him while his record I'd solid and we don't know know how far he goes
Fair point. And Zombie is a Korean dude who just keeps to himself, he is not really connected to others fighters like Ige is. American with a potential and lot a fighter friends in a community.

Ige is lucky he got gifted a robbery against Edson. Would be fringe top 15 otherwise

Back