Dan Houser leaves Rockstar.

Look at the mission designs in GTA V and RDR2. Everything is completely linear - go here, shoot this guy, grab this. There is nothing for you to figure out because if they made a game where you had to think, it would disqualify much of their current demographic which is dumb shit kids who want to turn the online mode into Call Of Duty Light.

This is every Rockstar game ever. They are sandbox open world games with a linear story. The story has never been non-linear. The freedom and choice comes with the sandbox non-story aspect of the game.

I liked GTA IV and the DLCs a lot. GTA IV wasn't as fun story-wise.

This is every Rockstar game ever. They are sandbox open world games with a linear story. The story has never been non-linear. The freedom and choice comes with the sandbox non-story aspect of the game.
The story is always linear, yes. But the missions used to be somewhat up to interpretation for lack of better words. They gave you a task and it was up to you to complete it however you wanted. Now, it’s hit this checkpoint, cut scene, quick time event (that isn’t actually a quick time event), shoot this guy, mission over. I guess you get to choose what gun you use, most of the time anyway.

Look, I still play RDR2 all the time. I love it. But even I can see there is something rotten in Denmark. The other day, a friend and I somehow got in a lobby by ourselves and the game actually fucking worked as intended. It was amazing. It was super fun. But normally, the game is so broken you almost can’t play it.

They know that the game is broken, and that the level to which it is broken correlates directly with how many people are in a lobby. Yet they won’t cap the player count to make the game actually work. Why? Obviously they don’t want to spin up all the extra servers necessary to run more lobbies because that costs money. I rest my case.

my favorite from new rockstar games is still gta iv(especially with dlc)

btw anyone else remember gta 2 intro ideo, nostalgia overload

i just watched that yesterday...the long version

GTA IV, SA, VC and Bully are my favorite from them. V is carried by the online. The story was lackluster as hell

Back