Dan Hooker's Next Fight

Ackmed

Silver Belt
Reaction score
Hopefully he gets his passport in time to fight Nasrat (as scheduled in next weekend's non-feature prelim), but from his tweets unfortunately it looks like this fight will fall through.

If it does, who & when should Dan fight next?

He's been particular over which dates he's available during the pandemic, so perhaps sometime in early 2022 which would be about a year since his last fight.

I'm thinking his next opponent could be winner of Arman vs Giagos or the loser of Islam vs RDA.

The winner of Arman vs Giagos is more realistic because Islam and RDA haven't fought on the prelims in years.

What do you think?

Blessing in disguise this because Islam will more than likely lose to RDA and then we will get to see the highly anticipated Hooker vs Islam battle we've all been waiting for.

Blessing in disguise this because Islam will more than likely lose to RDA and then we will get to see the highly anticipated Hooker vs Islam battle we've all been waiting for.

You don't think Islam can pressure and wrestle RDA and build a gameplan based around what Usman, Colby, Chiesa, and most of all Khabib did to him?

What is Islam's pressure and grappling lacking that Chiesas isn't?

<LikeReally5>
The man who bet on Cormeir to best Jones in the rematch now thinks the lay up perfect style matchup for Islam will end with RDA winning . Unless your just poking the ackmed bear that is which in that case
Heh heh heh
<[analyzed}>

Hooker is terrible ( as far as where people place him ). I hope this fight happens cause this is another fight he could lose.

Honestly I wouldn’t mind moving this fight considering how stacked 266 is. They could easily move it to beef up an average fight night.

You don't think Islam can pressure and wrestle RDA and build a gameplan based around what Usman, Colby, Chiesa, and most of all Khabib did to him?

What is Islam's pressure and grappling lacking that Chiesas isn't?
I agree. And Khabib did that to prime RDA. RDA will turn 37 a few days before he fights Islam. A fighter's ability to withstand pressure and TDs doesn't get better with age and wear.

RDA has struggled with wrestlers tho. He just like, accepts being taken down and laying underneath them

Nasrat just had one of his parents pass. If they can't fight on this card, just move it to another one. Hooker needs a step down and Nasrat deserves a chance to prove himself. I like this matchup.
Does Haqparast deserve a chance vs a top 10 guy after barley beating Rafa Garcia? His best win is a close decision over Diakese

Why not give the opportunity to Madsen, Gamrot, Guram, or any number of 155ers who have better records in their last 10?

That isn't for me to decide. That said, Nasrat does deserve the opportunity.

That isn't for me to decide. That said, Nasrat does deserve the opportunity.
No he doesn't. He fought 1 top 25 guy and got starched. Beat a top 30 guy, then top 20, then we can talk about deserve.

No he doesn't. He fought 1 top 25 guy and got starched. Beat a top 30 guy, then top 20, then we can talk about deserve.

We can agree to disagree. He has an exciting fight style. Hooker needs a step back and to get some momentum. I'm all for guys getting good opportunities.

We can agree to disagree. He has an exciting fight style. Hooker needs a step back and to get some momentum. I'm all for guys getting good opportunities.
Being gifted an opportunity is not the same as "deserving". I'm ok with the fight but to say Haqparast has earned or deserves a ranked opponent is silly. 155 has a 10-12 more deserving from a meritocracy standpoint.

Idk, I'm just an oldschool dude who is sick of seeing ppl cut the line while others put in the work.

Being gifted an opportunity is not the same as "deserving". I'm ok with the fight but to say Haqparast has earned or deserves a ranked opponent is silly. 155 has a 10-12 more deserving from a meritocracy standpoint.

Idk, I'm just an oldschool dude who is sick of seeing ppl cut the line while others put in the work.

He may also have more of a following online which could have provoked the move. Possibly Hooker asked for it? There is so much that we're not privy to.

He may also have more of a following online which could have provoked the move. Possibly Hooker asked for it? There is so much that we're not privy to.
Oh I'm sure Hooker was on board. He's thinking "Look at this guy who couldn't hang with Dober or hurt Rafa Garcia. And he's going to beat me, who was beating Poirier thru 3 rounds just 1 year ago? Easy money".

Back