News Dan Hooker Says He Will Fight on Volk/Ortega Card Sept 4th

Brodie

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score

- Says he’s on the Sept 4th card

- Doesn’t matter who it is, ranked or unranked. Top 10-15 doesn’t care. Sick of waiting will fight on that date

Hoping for Islam due to recent feud but will realistically be Arman or Gregor im assuming.

Last edited:
No way it's Islam. Maybe Riddle or Gillespie. Yes Arman is also looking for a fight

Gamrot maybe? He took no damage in his most recent fight and the UFC might want to build his name.

Interesting. Gregor if Gregor is staying active is my bet. Not sure if RDA was serious about him getting rebooked against Islam.

- Doesn’t matter who it is, ranked or unranked. Top 10-15 doesn’t care. Sick of waiting will fight on that date

Hoping for Islam due to recent feud but will realistically be Arman or Gregor.

Hooker has been getting stitched up because he has no corner without CKB fighters on the card due to lockdowns in NZ. Everyone calling him a duck didn't realise he has to quarantine for close to 2 months after every fight. No wonder he wanted to fight up initially, but I think now he just needs a fight that works with the other top CKB guys.

All for the Gillespie fight.

Great test and being more active he can climb the rankings if he puts it all together.

Hoping for Islam due to recent feud but will realistically be Arman or Gregor im assuming.

Lol he says he's on the card but doesn't have an opponent yet?

Lol he says he's on the card but doesn't have an opponent yet?

He needs to match up with other CKB guys due to NZ, quarantines and actually having a corner and training camp. Volk and his sparring partners would be of similar size so it makes sense. He has to quarantine for nearly two months each fight, use permits to train with his training partners and do all that whilst avoiding covid. Volk is here in Australia usually in a massively locked down state at the moment. I am pretty sure Hooker will travel to the US early just to get a camp in this time because i think Volk has stayed due to the ultimate fighter.

He needs to match up with other CKB guys due to NZ, quarantines and actually having a corner and training camp. Volk and his sparring partners would be of similar size so it makes sense. He has to quarantine for nearly two months each fight, use permits to train with his training partners and do all that whilst avoiding covid. Volk is here in Australia usually in a massively locked down state at the moment. I am pretty sure Hooker will travel to the US early just to get a camp in this time because i think Volk has stayed due to the ultimate fighter.

I get that, just found it ironic that he says he's "on the card" then says he doesn't have an opponent. Since he's willing to fight whoever this time, maybe he's confident he'll get someone

Such a contrast from his attitude 9 months ago but I gotta admit "humble Dan" is starting to grow on me

Sounds like Dan voluntarily went to the back of the fucking line lol

Please let it be Gillespie/Tsarukyen

Hopefully one of these two. They're both trying to rise and Hooker is a good step for either. I'm honestly a bit surprised if Dana would let this fight happen though because I think he prefers Hooker in theory. But it'd be a good step up for them. And hopefully the other finds a fight soon, maybe if Makhachev is fighting RDA then the other can take Riddell. Tsarukyan vs. Riddell and Gillespie vs. Hooker, or invert the matchups, all fine options.

Gamrot maybe? He took no damage in his most recent fight and the UFC might want to build his name.
That's a 6 week turnaround, that's much faster than most people would be willing to turn around. Most people want at least 2 weeks at home with the family and then a 6-8 week camp, build in training time and everything. It's possible but unlikely. Whoever it is likely started camp this week.

I get that, just found it ironic that he says he's "on the card" then says he doesn't have an opponent. Since he's willing to fight whoever this time, maybe he's confident he'll get someone

I would say he has said I will fight whoever because he just needs that date. RDA thinks he is booked against Islam if he signs. Hooker or RDA would be good fights for Islam now he beat a ranked opponent, though i think Islam deserves a bit higher in the current title picture personally as neither improve him at all ranking wise. They both would have been good fights with their current rankings if Islam was ranked appropriately at around 9-10 after his last win. I like Islam vs Chandler and Gaethje vs Dariush with the winners fighting each other for the next shots and losers fighting later. I don't know who I would give Hooker currently. Mcgregor would have been a good fight if he wasn't injured, so maybe T ferg or someone like that to get one of them a win and they can fight the losers of one of the above.

kind of fucks with the rankings, but Hooker vs Tony would be fun to watch

Back