Dan Hendo vs Alexander "Thor" Gustafsson - who has the better chin?

Aegon Spengler

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
So, first off, who else would be interested in seeing Gus vs Hendo? and who do you think would win? Do you think Gus could eat an H-Bomb and walk through it?

But besides that - while I know that Hendo has the more legendary chin because he's been around for so long, you have to admire and respect how tough and granite Gus's chin has proven to be.

Gus took the same flush shot that Machida got KO'd by from Shogun, more than once. And he walked through those shots. I was shocked - I thought Shogun was just shot as a fighter or something! I was like "man wtf happened to Shogun's crazy KO power".

But then, against Jones, even in the 5th round when Gus was gassed/ in zombie mode, Gus took huge shots and I counted at least three hard flush head kicks. Gus just walked through it all. I believe he ate a knee at some point as well. The only thing that seemed to hurt him was repeated spinning back elbows.

So, who wins in Dan Hendo vs Gus and could an H-Bomb atomize Gus's chin like it has atomized so many other chins in the past?

Pitting Gustafsson with Hendo is such a waste of time for the Swedish...
So many potential fights for him and you really thought about end of career Hendo?

I would say Gus simply from the bombs he took from Shogun and didn't even feel them

Pitting Gustafsson with Hendo is such a waste of time for the Swedish...
So many potential fights for him and you really thought about end of career Hendo?

Hendo lost two very close SD fights in his last two fights, against top opponents. He is still a top LHW and a big name in the sport.

Based on length of career and his overall resume, you gotta give it to Dan. The man has taken shots to the head from every hard hitter above 185, including Spider and Fedor and still hasnt been KO'd. Gus displayed a strong chin last sat, but lets see if it stands the test of time.

Gustafsson hasn't taken half the shots Dan has, let's give him a couple more years and see how he does against some more heavy hitters.

Hendo (as far as I can tell with the fights they have been in anyway)

is this a joke. Look at the monsters hendo has faced during his long career. man all you knew mma fans are so clueless seriously.

henderson-vs-bisping-knockout-o.gif
The only thing more exaggerated than Dan's right hand is his chin.

Hendo has taken some bombs in his career but when MW Anderson Silva hit him with a flush head kick he was wobbled. Gus just kept walking.

No argument can be made for Gus having a better chin than Hendo and Shogun never had crazy KO power. He has enough power to hurt anyone but not enough to put you away with one shot, his killer instinct makes up for it.

also he never hit Gus like he hit Machida, nor is it possible for him to hit Gus like he hit Machida since Gus is much taller

Back