Dan Henderson's weighing 196.6lbs

this is stupid , sorry.

only form of running should be interval training, sprints and maybe some hills.

jogging and distance running has no place in combat sports training. better time spent doing specific drills and rounds

I disagree with that in a sense. I'm big on running hills and sprints to improve cardio, but you do have to mix in some long distance runs as well. Your body will get used to stopping for those brief periods between sprints, and you need distance running for building endurance in your legs as well. I would focus on sprints/possibly sprint laps more, but you still need at least 1 day per week for a long road run.

MMA drills don't cut it. You need to maintain a threshold pace to improve your Vo2max to decent levels.

Any fighter just doing drills will be run into the ground by a properly conditioned fighter within a round. I did rowing aswell growing up & the training basically mimics 800m running training in terms of the durations & types of energy systems worked.

Boxers always did the right thing by running & still do. It's a staple of Floyd's training. Nothing on earth is as good as running for cardio conditioning - It's isn't jogging. It's 1km reps, intervals, threshold runs over 20min etc.

GSP has said he doesn't do cardio. He just does drills.

So there goes that idea

Yolandabecool knows what he is talking about. A combination is required. If you are not doing both you are at a disadvantage to those that are. Sustained heart rate and air exchange improves the overall efficiency and capacity of the system.

He's like 225 out of shape. But idk what that has to do with anything. Shogun's about the same weight.

Not true. In the pre-Glover fight media call he said he weighed 223. That was less than a week before the fight son. Get your facts straight :wink:

What's crazy is he doesn't even look that heavy.

Always looks like he weighs about 170 at most......so when he ends up stepping on the scales and weighing 205 my head explodes.

Must be that Hen-dong.

Peoples weight does jump around lot due to water levels and stuff like that. I agree he looks smallish for his weight but although im taller i weigh 170ish and hes defo alot thicker than me, although i dunno tv makes dudes look bigger.

this is stupid , sorry.

only form of running should be interval training, sprints and maybe some hills.

jogging and distance running has no place in combat sports training. better time spent doing specific drills and rounds

You have no fucking clue what you're talking about.

This why I like fighter like hendo,fador,randy and others. They fight way bigger fighters than them and I think that how legions are made. It's amazing at his age he still in the top10 in lhw hendo is a stud.

This why I like fighter like hendo,fador,randy and others. They fight way bigger fighters than them and I think that how legions are made. It's amazing at his age he still in the top10 in lhw hendo is a stud.

gallery_24723_6958_48170.jpg

Why not just perform MMA drills for conditioning? Is the fighter planning on needing to run? Let alone jogging, which is what people are talking about when they mention road work.

I don't feel jogging is needed for MMA at all. Boxers did it for years true, doesn't mean it's smart. You should see how some of the top Aussie rowers train. I'm a coach of the second fastest schoolgirl rowing crew in the country for their age group and let me tell you, even at national level, most coaches train s@c like retards.

I'm too tied to get into a long discussion with you on the fight game. With boxing you need both aerobic and anaerobic conditioning. Road work helps build of the aerobic aspect while hitting the bag, sparring etc, builds the anaerobic. You need both types of cardio and for different durations of time. As for road work being a myth with it being bad for knees as people are saying I must strongly disagree. my knees are ruined after joining the army where you run your ass off on a regular basis. I did boxing since I couldnt possibly fuck them up any worse.

I'm too tied to get into a long discussion with you on the fight game. With boxing you need both aerobic and anaerobic conditioning. Road work helps build of the aerobic aspect while hitting the bag, sparring etc, builds the anaerobic. You need both types of cardio and for different durations of time. As for road work being a myth with it being bad for knees as people are saying I must strongly disagree. my knees are ruined after joining the army where you run your ass off on a regular basis. I did boxing since I couldnt possibly fuck them up any worse.

The military & any other organisations can ruin your knees, but that also the same as lumping x-fit with weight lifting & subsequently equating x-fit injuries to weight lifting injuries.

For a myriad of reasons any one specific exercise when abused & done incorrectly will lead to injuries. In the army for instance poor foot ware, mileage in boots, unstable terrain, excess milage, rapid intensity/mileage increases, excessive duration on concrete etc will all contribute to knee injuries.

In the same way, poor technique, excessive numbers, excessive weight etc will lead to injuries from weight lifting and as a result comments such as 'Weight lifting will only get you injured'.

If you are biomechanically correct, slowly increase your mileage, follow a proper program & perform your running on soft grass you will not get knee injuries.

Hendo at WW would be hilarious

the funny thing is he could have fought at ww, look at some of the current ww's compared to him, he might not be able to cut now and his cardio would be awful, but he is not a huge guy, 5'10 at the tallest he is 5'11, i dont think he is much bigger if at all than people like lawler and rory

Fedor was never that big, was always undersized for a HW fighter.

Fedor-Hendo.jpg

This. Look at him there. That was as slim as he ever got and you could still lose your car keys in that naval. An American or Brazilian Fedor's size would have spent their career as an average sized LHW who probably would have eventually starved down to MW to desperately prolong their career.

He's not small at all. Size isn't just weight, and he's not even that light. I don't know what fighter's he's beaten that are so much bigger than him.

yeah a 5'10 lhw who weighs in the high 190's to low 200's isn't small...... what??? hendo is the smallest elite lhw even machida is bigger naturally

This. Look at him there. That was as slim as he ever got and you could still lose your car keys in that naval. An American or Brazilian Fedor's size would have spent their career as an average sized LHW who probably would have eventually starved down to MW to desperately prolong their career.

fedor at 5'11-6foot would be an average sized mw, i think tim boetch is bigger, him and igor v were badass

the funny thing is he could have fought at ww, look at some of the current ww's compared to him, he might not be able to cut now and his cardio would be awful, but he is not a huge guy, 5'10 at the tallest he is 5'11, i dont think he is much bigger if at all than people like lawler and rory

Hendo has fought at WW

Back