Dan Henderson's weighing 196.6lbs

Exercise in any way shape or form CAN pose risk. Running is the most natural evolutionary movement for humans. For every bunk article about exercise abc causing issues there are hundreds saying the opposite. As a fighter if you can run, 100% you should run.

Why not just perform MMA drills for conditioning? Is the fighter planning on needing to run? Let alone jogging, which is what people are talking about when they mention road work.

I don't feel jogging is needed for MMA at all. Boxers did it for years true, doesn't mean it's smart. You should see how some of the top Aussie rowers train. I'm a coach of the second fastest schoolgirl rowing crew in the country for their age group and let me tell you, even at national level, most coaches train s@c like retards.

Cutting weight has its pros and cons. I think it's good that he doesn't need to starve himself leading up to fight week and then not dehydrate himself at all immediately leading up to the weigh in. He's smaller than most lhws, but he clearly doesn't have a strength disadvantage.

aoudbltt.GIF

Courtesy of GSPOAB

Hendo popping a chubby in Costco, he must be standing near the BBQ's.

Fighting lighter has advantages.

I think it's more about fighting without cutting much weight, Henderson fights better when he is heavier, I think he's better at LHW and HW than he was at MW. For some reason his cardio takes a big hit from cutting weight even though he never cut much weight even at MW, he likely lost some muscle mass now that he isn't on TRT.

Last edited:
Why not just perform MMA drills for conditioning? Is the fighter planning on needing to run? Let alone jogging, which is what people are talking about when they mention road work.

I don't feel jogging is needed for MMA at all. Boxers did it for years true, doesn't mean it's smart. You should see how some of the top Aussie rowers train. I'm a coach of the second fastest schoolgirl rowing crew in the country for their age group and let me tell you, even at national level, most coaches train s@c like retards.

MMA drills don't cut it. You need to maintain a threshold pace to improve your Vo2max to decent levels.

Any fighter just doing drills will be run into the ground by a properly conditioned fighter within a round. I did rowing aswell growing up & the training basically mimics 800m running training in terms of the durations & types of energy systems worked.

Boxers always did the right thing by running & still do. It's a staple of Floyd's training. Nothing on earth is as good as running for cardio conditioning - It's isn't jogging. It's 1km reps, intervals, threshold runs over 20min etc.

I love to hear that Cormier's running. I think that's one of the biggest problems for a lot of fighters [Choosing circuit work over road work as opposed to both]. I've got no doubts over Cormier's cardio now.

I'll be cheering for the undersized Hendo [Rockhold monsters him as well], but Cormier will take this.

Easily .....BUt i want hendoto H bomb Cornbread so bad

dan henderson has always been ww size at 5'10.5 with his build. He is just badass

must be hard for him to keep on the size in his old age

MMA drills don't cut it. You need to maintain a threshold pace to improve your Vo2max to decent levels.

Any fighter just doing drills will be run into the ground by a properly conditioned fighter within a round. I did rowing aswell growing up & the training basically mimics 800m running training in terms of the durations & types of energy systems worked.

Boxers always did the right thing by running & still do. It's a staple of Floyd's training. Nothing on earth is as good as running for cardio conditioning - It's isn't jogging. It's 1km reps, intervals, threshold runs over 20min etc.

this is stupid , sorry.

only form of running should be interval training, sprints and maybe some hills.

jogging and distance running has no place in combat sports training. better time spent doing specific drills and rounds

Thats a myth. Just like squats are bad for your knee's etc etc. Some people will always be prone to knee issues but there are a range of different ways to avoid it [First and foremost, roadwork is just a boxing term, all running should be on grass].

Proper biomechanics, supplementing with hills instead (To reduce impact by reducing stride rate), Deep water running etc.

all running should be on grass? wtf are you on about?

Hendo is such a likely guy, the dude is still so dangerous at his age, such a bad ass...think it will be a bad night for against cormier, I hope somehow it is competitive..

If he really wanted to he could cut to WW

I love to hear that Cormier's running. I think that's one of the biggest problems for a lot of fighters [Choosing circuit work over road work as opposed to both]. I've got no doubts over Cormier's cardio now.

I'll be cheering for the undersized Hendo [Rockhold monsters him as well], but Cormier will take this.

He shouldn't work out that close to a fight especially not running

LMAO he actually ordered him chicken. That's hilarious. He should have sent it to his room.

Back