dan Henderson would have been fighting Jones this month

itsjustme***

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Dan Henderson would have been fighting Jones this month if he had come out with his injury immediately or at least within that week. this is how I believe it would have went down.

Henderson would have announced his injury sometime the week of august 4th (ufc on fox 4,.around the time the injury actually occured) Dana would have then proposed the sonnen fight to Jones thereafter and Jones would have almost certainly accepted in this case. He would have had almost a month to train for him, the same amount of time he trained for vitor.

Not to sully Sonnen skills here but stylistically he cannot hang with Jones,maybe anyone else but not Jones. Two good wrestlers cancel eachother out and the fight remains standing at the least and Jones picks sonnen apart. Therefore if this occurs then Jones would not have to endure a prolonged layoff (like he would when sustaining vitors armbar). Henderson, all the while, is still in the good graces of Dana white because he came out with his injury forthcomingly and immediately so he would be next in line for the title shot and prior to ufc 152, Jones openly said he would like to fight again at the end of 2012. This coincides with the upcoming ufc event on December 29th.

I know I am beating a dead horse here and I am sorry but I really feel Dan Henderson has nothing to complain about being passed on the title shotiwhen it's completely on him.

I know it probably feels like you're swimming in an ocean of milk right now and worst of all it's not in your cup but please...PLEASE don't cry about it...

I know it probably feels like you're swimming in an ocean of milk right now and worst of all it's not in your cup but please...PLEASE don't cry about
it...

I'll take your advice. because lately it has been eating at me the fact that Jones could have been facing his toughest challenge to date next week if only he had been honest about his injury.

It's okay. He can be Jones' punching bag another time.

In the UFC, nobody "would be" doing anything.

Because they just "had to" schedule a fight for Jones exactly a month later.
They couldn't wait two months to give the other contender (Lyoto) a rematch because..... ummmm......... because.......... actually for no reason.
And then OMG, Vitor was the only one who stepped up!
Stupid story, but it did really happen.

I was pumped for this fight. I hope he gets another shot.

Hey he lives to fight another day instead of dying horribly in front of thousands of ppl

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back