Dan Henderson: Would a One-Sided Loss to Gegard Mousasi Spell the End?

I dont think mousassi will win, I see hendo coming back after losing the second round and koing him

As long as he's not getting startched every fight then let him keep going.

He should have retired after finishing Shogun. I'd say that he should have done it after getting flattened by Belfort, but he's probably not interested in having his legacy tarnished by retiring off of a loss. That's what will most likely happen, though. The guy's old and his shit will get pushed in soon.

For who Gagard? Yes... But those of us on planet earth have realized that since 2010 He is not going to be champ again especially in the UFC.

him getting ko'd by Vitor than tossed around like a toddler by DC should have spelled the end for him.

Gegard will pick him apart another fight and year removed from Hendo being able to use TRT means no more turn back the clock performances

He has 0 chance of winning against Mousasi. Not even the H-bomb can crack that granite chin, and that's his only weapon these days.

One thing is without question... Mousasi has some LOYAL fans. lol.

Most of them have taken their own lives recently after the end of his hype, but... when you find one? Magic.

One thing is without question... Mousasi has some LOYAL fans. lol.

Most of them have taken their own lives recently after the end of his hype, but... when you find one? Magic.

I'll never die

Also, I'm a Hendo fan. I'd like him to be 20 years younger and do really well, but he's just too old and war-torn at this point.

Should Dan Henerdson retire from MMA if he suffers a bad loss to Gegard Mousasi? According to BleacherReport.com, the answer is a resounding yes. From BleacherReport.com:

This weekend will mark Dan Henderson's 43rd professional MMA bout. If he finds himself on the receiving end of a one-sided defeat, he should take steps away from active competition. Henderson does not have anything left to prove to the fight community. Continuing to take bouts at this point would do harm to his already outstanding legacy.

So, what do you think? If Henderson is beaten badly, should he retire?

Or do you think BleacherReport.com is way off with their assessment, and (whether he wins or loses) he is still competitive enough to keep fighting -- and should keep on fighting?

Your thoughts?

Not that he has much chance of ever getting back into belt contention, but a lopsided loss would definitively end any glimmer of hope for that. Since that's all he'd really be wanting at this point in his career, I don't think there would be any point to being a paycheck collecting mid-ranked fill-in name on a card, so, yes, I would think that he should and that he'd probably want to. He was the first fighter I liked when getting to know about MMA, so that's not easy for me to say.

Back