Dan Henderson: Would a One-Sided Loss to Gegard Mousasi Spell the End?

A little off topic but I've turned on Mousasi and can't stand him anymore. The guy has spouted so much bullshit from pretending he was too big to make 185, and that he barely trained before but got by on talent, and everybody better watch out cuz now he was gonna train serious and go back to 185 to fulfill his potential!

Then you watch him fight looking to have an incredible lack of urgency even while getting his ass handed to him by real top fighters.

I think they will keep him around to maybe fight Rampage or Franklin.

He's already at the end for some time now.

I guess he just takes fight if they offer them, lol.

i feel like the end was spelled out a long time ago, only maybe people cant read

I think he should be retired already, he took a shitload of damage in his last 3 fights and looked slow, weak and old in every one of them

hendo is gonna fuck mousasi up and make a run at MW, you heard it here first

Based on your AV, I'm guessing you inhaled a few times before that statement?

Not the end as in retirement

When he gets hurt or staggered, my gut says yeah...get out before you get killed.
Hendo looks like a deer in the headlights when he's hurt, like an old man with a walker oblivious to the semi truck about to plow him over. But somehow he survives more often then not, and pulls out a spectacular win.

H-Bomb has been a dud since UFC got rid of TRT.

It upsets me to no end that this guy gets a pass for taking TRT(and Mir, but that was for fewer fights). Close 2nd fight with Bustamanite, loses to Misaki, loses to F*CKING Jake by being taken down repeatably, then KO's Fedor at HW and no one is the wiser.

Mousasi should win this easily... Hell beat He do to the punch with ease...

He got destroyed by Cormier, but yeah, at MW maybe he will have new life. I doubt it though considering he is old and no longer has TRT to help him. If he can beat Mousasi he has a chance to continue, if not, he should call it a day.

And if Mousasi is not able to avoid that slow looping right hand
and go on to easily win the fight
he should wonder about his own career.

If he loses, he should just take fun fights (like Rampage rematch, etc.).

But honestly, this whole "dropped 4 of last 5" is overstated if you look more closely.

Machida: lost a razor thin split decision, in which Machida was backing up the whole time. Rampage got the nod in a similar decision over Machida--so this fight could've easily gone to Dan. Also, let's not forget Machida is elite.

Rashad: again, lost a razor thin split decision. I'd argue Dan did more damage in this fight. But, whatever, he lost--but again Rashad is also elite.

Vitor: got killed. definitely a bad loss--but it was fucking trt vitor in Brazil.

Shogun: definitely got rocked and looked like shit--but still won.

Cormier: got dominated via wrestlefuck. not that surprising considering how undersized Hendo is and how elite Cormier is.

Anyhow, it's not like Hendo is losing to mid-tier competition. he's losing to elite guys who are younger and generally bigger.

Dan always was given bad matchups and the toughest opponents by Zuffa, he never had it easy, respect to one of the best ever.

Back