Dan Henderson: Would a One-Sided Loss to Gegard Mousasi Spell the End?

Fighter123

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Should Dan Henerdson retire from MMA if he suffers a bad loss to Gegard Mousasi? According to BleacherReport.com, the answer is a resounding yes. From BleacherReport.com:

This weekend will mark Dan Henderson's 43rd professional MMA bout. If he finds himself on the receiving end of a one-sided defeat, he should take steps away from active competition. Henderson does not have anything left to prove to the fight community. Continuing to take bouts at this point would do harm to his already outstanding legacy.

So, what do you think? If Henderson is beaten badly, should he retire?

Or do you think BleacherReport.com is way off with their assessment, and (whether he wins or loses) he is still competitive enough to keep fighting -- and should keep on fighting?

Your thoughts?

Win or lose, he's near the end. But if he's beaten badly, yeah, he needs to retire immediately.

I would have said so...but damn you If i have to echo the "BleacherReport".

He has 0 chance of winning against Mousasi. Not even the H-bomb can crack that granite chin, and that's his only weapon these days.

He's a 2 time Olympian, if he can't take down Mousasi and lay on him, it should be the last nail in the coffin.

I believe so. Even more if he gets demolished.

hendo is gonna fuck mousasi up and make a run at MW, you heard it here first

hendo has a good 5 or 6 fights left in him.

possible mw at the end of 2016? sure
possible destruction of moussasi? of course

h bomb coming for that belt

It will be hos second fight off the juice. He looked slow against DC, if he fights like that again he will be slaughtered.

He's too stubborn, he won't retire. If it did spell the end, he's gonna stretch it out.

hendo has a good 5 or 6 fights left in him.

possible mw at the end of 2016? sure
possible destruction of moussasi? of course

h bomb coming for that belt

Stop kid. Just stop.

UFC will probably match him up with Crocop when he loses to Moose.

if he is gonna try to keep up with top dogs,yes he should retire.but if he'll take fun fights(rampage for example) then no,he should keep fighting as long as he wants.

He's old as fuck and didn't look impressive in hsi last fights so he should retire anyway. he can still beat some lower level guys in the UFC but someone like him shouldn't have to beat up prelim level fighters just to get Ws.
He's had a great career and should retire

Please god yes. He and the Noguiera bros should open a restaurant chain or something. I I hate to see good fighters end up like Goodridge.

Mousasi is a really bad match on paper for him. Even if he loses a decision I think it's time to retire. He's on the list of MMA GOATs and I hate seeing guys tarnish their legacy by sticking around too long and racking up numerous losses.

Back