Dan Henderson Says He Will Fight Teammate Chael Sonnen

Doubt it's gonna happen.

It may be closer than you think. I mean they're both at the top of the LHW division and Hendo just opened the door for it. The list of guys in the division these guys would fight (that they haven't fought already) is not a long one.

Unless Chael looks half way decent against Jones, that Sonnen PPV $$$ train is leaving town Hendo. If you wanted to cash in on Sonnen you're a little too late bud.

Only if its for the title, obviously. Unless, of course, they have a massive falling out and it becomes a grudge match. That would make this fun.

Watch Hendo Vs shields if you're curious how this would play out.

Dan "no gas tank" Henderson would get wrestled to a UD EASILY

The fight doesn't make much sense.
Let's not forget that Henderson has been one of Chael's coaches for years. That's a lot different than being just a training partner.

If they both lose their next fights then I'd watch it.

To be completely honest I'd rather Hendo not waste one of the relatively few fights left in his career on Chael.

My thoughts as well. Hendo is on his way to retirement. Chael is on his way to relative divisional irrelevance (though big PPV draw) after he loses. It doesn't make sense for the path of either to cross the other.

It may be closer than you think. I mean they're both at the top of the LHW division and Hendo just opened the door for it. The list of guys in the division these guys would fight (that they haven't fought already) is not a long one.
Chael is 0-0 in the LHW division... how is he on top of it?

Lol @ Chael would talk his way around it. What other fight has Chael talked himself out of TS?

Im sure Dan and Chael have fought each other many times, and Im sure Hendo has laid Chael out many times as well lol.

this is all fine and dandy.
until one locks a submission and the other does not tap.

What then? break your friend's arm or let it go?

people who dismiss this does not understand the full scope of "fighting a friend".

Both Dan and Chael have tapped on more than one occasion, what makes you think they would opt to let someone that they know can, break there arm

Back