Dan Henderson Says He Will Fight Teammate Chael Sonnen

Probably only for the belt though, doubt they would fight under any other circumstances.

Once upon a time this would be good. If Chael were to avoid the hand, I think he'd wear Hendo out fairly quickly to a UD.

Chael, UD, easily.

Chael has a very solid chin and better wrestling and cardio.

this is all fine and dandy.
until one locks a submission and the other does not tap.

What then? break your friend's arm or let it go?

people who dismiss this does not understand the full scope of "fighting a friend".

people who dismiss this does not understand the full scope of "fighting a friend".

Rony Jason broke his best friend's arm on TUF.

They both wouldn't give a shit in the cage or after.

They both wouldn't give a shit in the cage or after.

Exactly. If anyone's read Chael's book, there's a whole bit on the "not fighting teammates is bullshit". He likens it to working in an office, though you have friends and colleagues in the same office, you're all competing against each other for the next promotion or pay rise etc. So yeah, I'd be surprised that he'd avoid anyone after reading that (and I'm pretty sure he had his srs hat on).

As he should, Jackoff took his spot...

Should be a good fight, would love to see Chael get Bisping'd

If they both lose their next fights then I'd watch it.

To be completely honest I'd rather Hendo not waste one of the relatively few fights left in his career on Chael.

Amazing seeing expert opinions on how Chael's wrestling is better than Hendo's? And Chael's chin could withstand a left that has knocked out some pretty rude boys. I don't think it is so easy to call.

Amazing seeing expert opinions on how Chael's wrestling is better than Hendo's? And Chael's chin could withstand a left that has knocked out some pretty rude boys. I don't think it is so easy to call.

Hardly anyone could take the Henderson's right hand without at least being seriously hurt, but Chael is clearly a much better wrestler at this point.

i doubt hendo or chael would pull any joint lock submissions

If Sonnen loses big to Jones, as many expect, it would be a step backwards for Hendo to fight him. If Sonnen loses to Jones, he would not be a top 10 guy at LHW, thus nothing to gain for Hendo. Also, Sonnen is where he is because of his mouth, not his talent. A big loss to Jones will make his mouth irrelevant. Not a fight I'd be looking forward to. Please Dan, you can do better than this! If Sonnen beats Jones, please disregard this post.

If they both lose their next fights then I'd watch it.

To be completely honest I'd rather Hendo not waste one of the relatively few fights left in his career on Chael.

Yet people keep doing that.
How weird is that?

you are just one negative person. Nobody can ever know as much as you know

I don't think either guy would threaten the other too much with subs in this one.

If Sonnen loses big to Jones, as many expect, it would be a step backwards for Hendo to fight him. If Sonnen loses to Jones, he would not be a top 10 guy at LHW, thus nothing to gain for Hendo. Also, Sonnen is where he is because of his mouth, not his talent. A big loss to Jones will make his mouth irrelevant. Not a fight I'd be looking forward to. Please Dan, you can do better than this! If Sonnen beats Jones, please disregard this post.

Maybe we'll get to see Sonnen v. Rampage

Hendo got outwrestled by Rampage and Wanderlei. He's a great wrestler, but Chael could very well put him on his back for a fight.

Back