Dan Henderson is much older than Fedor and had more mileage, more fights, damage when he KO’d him

You can't get too sloppy with Hendon.shit happens

Fedor fought like a wild man. If you charge and fight sloppy against anyone with power, it's a gamble. That's why I hated that era of Fedor. It was balls to the wall as soon as the bell rang. It was nothing like the patient and calculated Fedor in PRIDE.

He's gotten a little better in recent years but it's still kill or be killed. I think he fell in love with the KO. He was never a KO machine until Arlovski.

Looking back on it Fedor got cracked in that fight shit happens. He still had fight in him at that age big solid win for Hendo

He's a proven steroid user. Dude would be at home in bed without his frequent anabolic steroid shots.

TRT will forever be one of the most disgraceful periods in the history of the sport. At least when people were kicking each other in the nuts, it was equal both ways.

Everyone talking about TRT yes it helps but its not some wonder drug that makes you 10x the fighter. Hendo was on trt against Machia and off it against Rashad there was literally nothing different about his level of performance. Sure Fedor had slowed but Hendo is one of the greatest to ever step in the ring and is a handful for anyone in or close to his prime.

Gtfo lol. Trt is a huge advantage to any fighter, just for recovery from training alone.

What isn't being interpreted accurately? It's actually undercutting the average age of champions, as I'm only showing the age they were when they acquired the belt. With the exception of the current champions thread, because that obviously shows their current ages.

As far as the other shit about PEDs, Fedor, GSP, and whatnot...you come off as smarter than that for the most part, but you seem to be fanatically and emotionally driven with anything regarding Fedor. If you've had any experience in the MMA scene, you would know that everybody is on some shit, especially at the higher levels, and that nobody is "above" gaining an edge or evening the field. Even your favorite fighter(s).
Aww, I think you just gave me a compliment. Sorta.
I don’t think I’ve said anything emotional or fanatical, here, tbh. Steroids have been rampant in the sport for years. I wouldn’t be totally shocked if any fighter was shown to be a PED user. But someone like Bisping? Dude is very anti-steroid, has never failed a test, never shown any signs of being on PEDs. I’m inclined to think he was clean. Same for Cormier, GSP, Fedor, and others.

What I meant about your age of champions thread was the discussion that happened in the thread (at least I think it was that thread) about ages of peaks and declines and such. I said things like age of debut, how many fights they had, how often, etc., need to be taken into account. I listed several fighters that fit that pattern, and you said they were exceptions. And that could be true, I don’t know. Thing is, I chose those names at random, so I find it odd that they would all be exceptions. It makes me curious to dig into it deeper, but it’d be a lot of work and research and I don’t know if I care that much lol.

Fedor also competed in Combat Sambo so that's many other matches you aren't counting and he clearly was not training seriously, you could see that just by looking at him. He always carried a little pudge but you could see he was in really good shape. By the time he was fighting in Strikeforce he looked like he was out of shape.

His reaction time with brett rogers was also off and slow. Low and behold it was downhill after that

Dan was on PEDs

And Fedor wasn't?

I'm not saying he was but he fought in orgs with little to no actual testing his entire career.

Hendo had a TUE for TRT while he was in the UFC, during his absence and on his return up until his fight with Vitor, after which TRT was banned. He never popped in any drug test ever in any org.

Hate to break it to you but TRT was legal and allowed while he was using it.

It's hard to tell with Fedor because he's always had most inexpressive face ever, but I think he just lost the fighting spirit.

lol....

"pure standup battle"

Rogers found AA's notoriously weak chin in the first exchange of the fight and has literally ZERO even decent wins otherwise.

For purely racial reasons, he is compared to a guy who has pulled off an armbar and has beaten
Blaydes, Framcis, Volkov, Gonzaga, Hapa etc.

Rogers was a bum
He was 10-0 when he fought Fedor and had wins over AA and James Thompson. Both legit HW.

Finished his career 17-10 and fought legit fighters like Overeem and Volkov.

But he's a bum in your eyes. Ok. You're entitled to your opinion. I can agree he was more brawn then skill but to say he was a bum just makes me roll my eyes.

Whenever a fighter losses his fans will say he's out of his prime, a perfect example would be 29yo Aldo getting starched by a much better striker in Conor McGregor

aldo was definitely in his prime but conor was lucky

aldo wins 8 out of 10

Then I guess dookie eating turd burglars who've never competed at anything in their entire life are correct.
No. They’re just dookie eating turd burglars, proving they’re full of shit every time they open their rotten mouths.

steroids make a massive difference even more so among older athletes. But Fedor had clearly stopped training seriously, he has no one but himself to blame. If the hard working in shape Fedor from Pride showed up he would have destroyed any version of Hendo no matter what he was on.
Fedor couldn't train as hard as he had in his early days. It was common knowledge around the Russian MMA scene that Fedor's knees and hip were not great and his hand injuries prevented him from closing them completely.

It's why Fedor is basically a stand up fighter nowadays and does zero grappling.

Cormier has called Fedor the greatest HW of all time.
Every HW from that era and even nowadays said Fedor was the best. Shane Carwin literally came out yesterday and said he was the best HW he has ever seen.

The only people who think he was overrated are Dana, who got pissy that Fedor told him to eat rocks, and Dana fart sniffers who believe everything he says.

Last edited:
Or maybe he just wasn't fighting a slow, plodding HW but an agile MW/LHW and so didn't have that advantage.

Casual <puh-lease75>
You know Fedor Beat Cro Cop Prime ?! You think He it's slow ?!
tumblr_inline_nigfjxlsRB1rql7h5.gif

kick-boxing-ko.gif

ccc973b5683839a79e9baf8f8c05df76_w200.gif

Cro_Cop_vs_Wanderlei.gif

KzOlYg.gif

27c9ef0a3658d24fc361118771344b924c8a4181_00.gif

ShamelessGraciousGander-max-1mb.gif

Fedor Prime are soo good even Cro Cop speed it's nothing to him <{JustBleed}>

Aldo didn't lose to McGregor due to "mileage" he lost because he's an inferior striker to Conor McGregor, mileage has nothing to do with him lunging like an idiot into a punch
Agree with the second half of what you said. First half is nonsense.

Aldo is probably the best defensive boxer we've EVER seen the UFC besides like James Toney.

He had a brain fart and it costed him dearly. With that said an unconscious Aldo still landed a strike that cut McGregor on his left eye. It lands a little lower and we probably get a double KO.

Build in excuse in case he would lose soon.

Fedor according to his fans had his career-best performance against Arlovski, ducking and dodging every single punch from the fastest hands @ HW and knocking him out inside of 1 round.

The biggest game changer was Fedor fighting in a modern time against evolved MMA fighters and secondly he sucked even more in a cage.

Nogueira and Cro Cop two more examples of outdated HW's who couldn't compete in a new era. Same old one trick pony's. Cro Cop's another one like Fedor. Career best performances right before he's magically and conveniently past his prime when he loses.

Fedor lost in his prime against Werdum, Bigfoot and a middle aged MW. A literal MW. Beating him at his own game. Ooof.
Oh not a MIDDLEWEIGHT. Not like Fedor literally weighed in at 220 pounds and Dan was 210 pounds. Fedor was never some enormous monster at HW.....

Back