1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Dan Henderson is much older than Fedor and had more mileage, more fights, damage when he KO’d him

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Garnet_StrongerThanYou, Nov 24, 2021.

1. IMPmmath Brown Belt

You can't get too sloppy with Hendon.shit happens

2. Senzo Tanaka Gold Belt

Fedor fought like a wild man. If you charge and fight sloppy against anyone with power, it's a gamble. That's why I hated that era of Fedor. It was balls to the wall as soon as the bell rang. It was nothing like the patient and calculated Fedor in PRIDE.

He's gotten a little better in recent years but it's still kill or be killed. I think he fell in love with the KO. He was never a KO machine until Arlovski.

Krimzon likes this.
  3. CrimsonFan Gold Belt

Looking back on it Fedor got cracked in that fight shit happens. He still had fight in him at that age big solid win for Hendo

4. tkotom Fedor belt

He's a proven steroid user. Dude would be at home in bed without his frequent anabolic steroid shots.

TRT will forever be one of the most disgraceful periods in the history of the sport. At least when people were kicking each other in the nuts, it was equal both ways.

5. GeneTunney7 Purple Belt

I think long before then actually, even before the Hunt fight. Many of these really good fighters are able to slip but still win on sheer class.

J Danger likes this.
  6. kenetics Gold Belt

Gtfo lol. Trt is a huge advantage to any fighter, just for recovery from training alone.

7. BFoe Gold Belt Platinum Member

Aww, I think you just gave me a compliment. Sorta.
    I don’t think I’ve said anything emotional or fanatical, here, tbh. Steroids have been rampant in the sport for years. I wouldn’t be totally shocked if any fighter was shown to be a PED user. But someone like Bisping? Dude is very anti-steroid, has never failed a test, never shown any signs of being on PEDs. I’m inclined to think he was clean. Same for Cormier, GSP, Fedor, and others.

What I meant about your age of champions thread was the discussion that happened in the thread (at least I think it was that thread) about ages of peaks and declines and such. I said things like age of debut, how many fights they had, how often, etc., need to be taken into account. I listed several fighters that fit that pattern, and you said they were exceptions. And that could be true, I don’t know. Thing is, I chose those names at random, so I find it odd that they would all be exceptions. It makes me curious to dig into it deeper, but it’d be a lot of work and research and I don’t know if I care that much lol.

8. Badger67 Taxidea taxus

His reaction time with brett rogers was also off and slow. Low and behold it was downhill after that

9. Dirge Gold Belt

And Fedor wasn't?

I'm not saying he was but he fought in orgs with little to no actual testing his entire career.

Hendo had a TUE for TRT while he was in the UFC, during his absence and on his return up until his fight with Vitor, after which TRT was banned. He never popped in any drug test ever in any org.

Hate to break it to you but TRT was legal and allowed while he was using it.

10. Brueskie Purple Belt

It's hard to tell with Fedor because he's always had most inexpressive face ever, but I think he just lost the fighting spirit.

11. Mayonnaiseandjelly Blue Belt

And aldo still Uber competitive with the elites

Bend NvR Break likes this.
  12. Bend NvR Break Order to Chaos. Chaos to Order.

He was 10-0 when he fought Fedor and had wins over AA and James Thompson. Both legit HW.

Finished his career 17-10 and fought legit fighters like Overeem and Volkov.

But he's a bum in your eyes. Ok. You're entitled to your opinion. I can agree he was more brawn then skill but to say he was a bum just makes me roll my eyes.

13. BigGucci Green Belt

aldo was definitely in his prime but conor was lucky

aldo wins 8 out of 10

14. Starman Black Belt

No. They’re just dookie eating turd burglars, proving they’re full of shit every time they open their rotten mouths.

15. TorontoTO Brown Belt

Fedor couldn't train as hard as he had in his early days. It was common knowledge around the Russian MMA scene that Fedor's knees and hip were not great and his hand injuries prevented him from closing them completely.

It's why Fedor is basically a stand up fighter nowadays and does zero grappling.

16. TorontoTO Brown Belt

Every HW from that era and even nowadays said Fedor was the best. Shane Carwin literally came out yesterday and said he was the best HW he has ever seen.

The only people who think he was overrated are Dana, who got pissy that Fedor told him to eat rocks, and Dana fart sniffers who believe everything he says.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
    Krimzon and J Danger like this.
  17. Bruce Lee666 Brown Belt

Casual <puh-lease75>
    You know Fedor Beat Cro Cop Prime ?! You think He it's slow ?!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Fedor Prime are soo good even Cro Cop speed it's nothing to him <{JustBleed}>

18. Bend NvR Break Order to Chaos. Chaos to Order.

Agree with the second half of what you said. First half is nonsense.

Aldo is probably the best defensive boxer we've EVER seen the UFC besides like James Toney.

He had a brain fart and it costed him dearly. With that said an unconscious Aldo still landed a strike that cut McGregor on his left eye. It lands a little lower and we probably get a double KO.

19. TorontoTO Brown Belt

Oh not a MIDDLEWEIGHT. Not like Fedor literally weighed in at 220 pounds and Dan was 210 pounds. Fedor was never some enormous monster at HW.....

20. Holyherb420 Blue Belt

The snowy plains on which the mauler weeps
    You know who was only tested for peds once during their prime? Fedor.

Fioretti likes this.