Dan Henderson: I'm not going to retire -- win or lose!

I honestly read "Dan Henderson: I'm going to retire -- win or lose!"
Dude is so ancient. Although he's not a fighter I get super excited about watching fight anymore

He can keep fighting

Dude is so ancient. Although he's not a fighter I get super excited about watching fight anymore

What?? Win or lose, Hendo comes in to fight and shed blood and his fights rarely go to a decision.

Hendo shouldn't quit. He got dominated by an Olympic wrestler who is a natural HW and got swarmed by a juiced up Belfort. He lost to Lyoto and Rashad by close decisions. He's fought the best at 205 and if an injury didn't occur he would have had a title fight with Bones.

Hendo is to small to fight at 205. His natural fighting weight is at 185 and I think nobody will rag doll Hendo like DC did at MW. He can make a quick run to the title if he stays healthy and betters his cardio. He could KO any of the top contenders today at 185, including Lyoto if they met again. Hendo has at least 2 solid years left before he's done for good.

I'm a big fan of this optimism. And here I was thinking about them setting up a Herschel Walker fight next. Set the record for oldest combined age. Plus I want to see Herschel fight. :)

Have to wonder if its even about the money anymore

Even if he is doing fine, he is still currently very likely in the optimal earning period of his life. That is why I think it's hard for a lot of guys.

I'm a big fan of this optimism. And here I was thinking about them setting up a Herschel Walker fight next. Set the record for oldest combined age. Plus I want to see Herschel fight. :)

Win or lose, I wanna see Hendo fight Anderson (if he loses to Diaz) or Romero/Jacare loser

I heard people weigh less as they get older. We might see Henderson vs Henderson at 170. And a few years down the line, perhaps Dan will challenge the champ Conor McGregor for his title.

8/10 :icon_chee

I recall Hendo saying in 2006 not that he thought he had 5 good years left. What has changed so much that it's 9 years later and he's not even thinking of retiring? Does he need the money so badly?

Can he beat the moose though? I'm want to say yes, but i need convincing.

I believe Dan loses a decision, but it wont be a one sided beat down. Mousasi is still too big of a favorite in this fight if you look at betting odds.
It's just that Mousasi has never been KO'd and I doubt Dan gets the decision. He'll get out struck on the feet while looking for the bomb.
Perhaps if he fights smart and gets some takedowns, he can get it done.

If he wins then there might be belief of returning to the title picture. And if he loses, well... I doubt Hendo is the man that'd be satisfied retiring on a defeat.

It's also a nice payday to still have at age 44. Not sure how competitive he can be at this point but I'll always watch him throw down.

If he wins this they should make Anderson hendo 2. Let's see who has aged worse lol.

I logged on to comment on this because I thought the quote said that he was going to retire. I was ready to say I'm glad since his best days are clearly behind him and he has nothing else to prove. I then noticed as I read the post that I was wrong.

Anyway, if he wants to fight then that's all on him. I like Hendo so I wish him the best and I hope when he does decide to hang it up that he can go out on a high note.

I think he is passed his prime, may not be the best decision to continue fighting

Yeah Hendo is definitely past his prime. I think once he stopped using effective wrestling and relied on Hbomb, he stopped being that great.

Imagine if he did win a UFC title though, plus beating Fedor + 2 pride championship belts. What a resume

I'm sure he got some secrets on longevity from his past teammate, Couture

Back