Dan Henderson has DROPPED all of his 6 most recent opponents, at least ONCE

I am not saying Hendo will drop Machida for sure. I am suggesting that it's more plausible than a lot of posters here seem to think.

In short, this is a dangerous fight for Lyoto because:
a) Machida's chin is up high and his hands are still low when he moves in and out;
b) Hendo has a history of routinely dropping guys

when you add those two recurring patterns together, it's puzzling why so many people believe Machida will easily evade Hendo's firepower. It's far from a sure thing IMO

I dont think thats the case at all i think Hendo is getting plenty of respect just most expect Machida to win. I certainly wouldn't be shocked if Hendo landed and put him out. But i think it is more likely he doesn't land it and Machida wins which is what most people are saying

I'm a fan of both guys, this is a win win fight for me.

The only thing that could ruin it is if they both don't engage.

LYoto has only ever been caught on counters, can Hendo counter him? Maybe, but not likely.

Hendo will walk through Machida's punches and then KO him

Good observation. Machida does have one of the highest knock down rates in UFC history as well, according to Fightmetric.

It pisses me off when people say Machida is a point fighter. He throws every strike with bad intentions. Every knockout that Lyoto has had in his career has been brutal.

466619_o.gif

Sherdog sure has a short memory.

And that proves Shogun has better footwork than Lyoto in what way? At least back up your "claim" instead of simply posting a gif.

Hendo-Wanderlei II was also savagery
dan-henderson_wanderlei-silva.gif

Hendo put wand to sleep with a left, I had no idea. Usually its that big right that does the damage. That had to feel good after the way the first fight went down

1. That was a genius moment from Shogun. Changed his stance and landed that counter left in a split second as Machida was coming in, pure genius that goes to show that Shogun is not just some wild brawler.

2. I doubt Hendo'll be able to do something like that though, Hendo mainly bullrushes people with wild looping punches and we know how Machida does against those.

3. EDIT: Also, judging by Chida's last fight, it looks like he finally learned to keep his right hand up when he's coming in.
^^^ 1. Shogun outfought Machida.... yes....

^^^ 2. Remains to be seen.... MT > karate in that one....

^^^ 3. Traditional karate defense objective is never get hit.... however.... whatever....

>>>>>> that means don't let people hit you.... don't be a focus mitt.... :p

KarateStylist

And that proves Shogun has better footwork than Lyoto in what way? At least back up your "claim" instead of simply posting a gif.

If you have seen the interview with Shogun after the fight he explains how he sets up this punch by throwing low kicks and then going through the same motion to throw a kick a few times to make him think it is coming then he timed the overhand that dropped him.

He set Machida up to throw his straight left and then came over the top and dropped him, I don't know if I would call it footwork but Shogun outstruck him in a highly technical way the second fight.

Hendo put wand to sleep with a left, I had no idea. Usually its that big right that does the damage. That had to feel good after the way the first fight went down

If I remember correctly Wand was rocked big time and pretty well out on his feet and that left just finished it off.

Back