Dan Henderson has DROPPED all of his 6 most recent opponents, at least ONCE

What's considered "dropped"?
I consider dropped to be both fighters standing and one gets clocked and falls. I wouldn't say Hendo dropped Fedor in fact it was quite the opposite.
Hendo did knock him out. (T) KO
But I don't consider him to have been "dropped" by Hendo.

Hendo/Bisping turned everyone into a striking coach :redface:

No matter who loses everyone will say it was a nightmare matchup.

If Dan loses it wlll be "Machida has great TDD and was a much more technical striker striker not a brawler. Dan never had a chance" and we get to talk about how Machida is the best striker ever while ignoring the times he has been outstruck.

If Machida loses it will be "Dan is aggressive and has a chin just like Shogun" and we get to talk about how Machida has no chin and loses to everyone who knows how to punch.

Either way unfortunately the post-fight stupidity will be intense.

On a side note, not sure why everyone is dissecting the meaning of the word "dropped." TS meant to say everyone he has fought in his last 6 fights were at the very least dropped. Meaning if they weren't dropped they were KOd outright. At least I'm guessing that is what he meant...

Shogun is a brawler. Fedor swings wildly. Babalu is more of a grappler. Shields' striking is not good.

That leaves Bisping and Feijao as the primarily strikers. Bisping kept circling towards Hendo's best punch, and showed Machida and everyone else what NOT to do in a fight with Hendo.

Machida is the best striker that Hendo has faced in years. It doesn't mean that Hendo isn't going to land his one true punch; just that Machida's footwork and stand-up are on a different level than Hendo's previous 6 opponents.

466619_o.gif

Sherdog sure has a short memory.

466619_o.gif

That was a genius moment from Shogun. Changed his stance and landed that counter left in a split second as Machida was coming in, pure genius that goes to show that Shogun is not just some wild brawler.

I doubt Hendo'll be able to do something like that though, Hendo mainly bullrushes people with wild looping punches and we know how Machida does against those.

EDIT: Also, judging by Chida's last fight, it looks like he finally learned to keep his right hand up when he's coming in.

Machida via decision

I think Hendo stated he wanted to fight Anderson if he defeats Machida. Not sure if its true but I would rather see that fight then Hendo/Jones.

fedor was already "down" does that mean he dropped him still? his one hand was on the ground.

466619_o.gif

I'd still say Machida has better striking that Shogun. Anyone can land a bomb. It doesn't make them the better striker.

Mike Russow knocked out Duffee, who had spent two rounds proving his dominance. One shot is all it takes.

only read a few posts and hadnt seen a "this should be the main event post", so i will remedy that. I dont really care either. rousey championship fight is fine for me as the main event. i wouldnt be paying for it either way.

On paper Machida wins this fight all day every day. The problem is that all Hendo has to do is land once and it could be over. I definitely favor Machida but I would not be shocked if Hendo got a KO.

On paper Machida wins this fight all day every day. The problem is that all Hendo has to do is land once and it could be over. I definitely favor Machida but I would not be shocked if Hendo got a KO.

This.

I think stylistically, Machida wins this fight easy. But Henderson has the power to end the fight at any point. We may see super-vintage Machida.

Though, I wouldn't put it passed Machida to be the first to stop Henderson on strikes either. He can definitely catch Henderson coming in like he did to Bader. It's a matter of finishing when he drops Henderson. I think Machida has better counter-wrestling and top control than Shogun. When Shogun dropped Henderson, he would get tied up on the ground. I think Machida can counter that and land the shots to stop the fight.

I agree with the OP, and if Hendo lands I don't think Machida survives, but unfortunately I just have a bad feeling about this one. I'm afraid we see Hendo finished for the first time. Sure hope I'm wrong.

Lol Hendo has been submitted a few times....

I'd still say Machida has better striking that Shogun. Anyone can land a bomb. It doesn't make them the better striker.

Mike Russow knocked out Duffee, who had spent two rounds proving his dominance. One shot is all it takes.

Shogun also won the striking in their 1st fight imo, so that would have made him the better striker at the time. At this point in their careers Machida is probably better though.

Machida is extremely elusive and very fast. Vroom vroom fast.

Every rational fan of the sport knows that if Hendo lands a bomb, it's game over. The problem is Machida is so fast and his footwork is phenomenal. I think his strategy of coming in leaner actually makes him faster. I see Machida picking him apart. Hendo telegraphs the H-Bomb a bit. You can even see it in the GIFs posted in this thread. He does a little step with his left foot, puts his head down and winds up his right shoulder a bit. Machida has at least 3 cues that it's coming and I think the chance he get caught with one is slim. Hendo can land one if he hurts Machida a bit first, maybe with dirty boxing or GnP. I just don't see a Bisping esque bomb landed.

This fight is so good though. I love both guys. Every time the crowd starts booing Machida (because they don't understand what he's doing) he launches an explosive strike that can end it. This fight should be superb. The rest of the card, not so much.

Hendo fan here, but Machida has better striking defense than all those previous opponents combined.

Well, I think it is pretty much a given that vs anyone if Hendo lands the H bomb his opponent is most likely fucked. It's no secret that IF he can touch Machida's chin that Lyoto will be taking a nap. Hendo has murder in his hands.

Back