Dan Henderson: Daniel Cormier should have wrestled more against Jon Jones

Why is Dan telling someone else to use his wrestling more when Dan completely abandoned his wrestling in favor of loading up his right hand?

Did Hendo even watch the fight? 1/8 on takedowns and got pushed against the fence when initiating a clinch...Yes Dan, more failed takedown attempts and being held on the cage even more would have worked wonders for DC.

say the guy who got ragged dolled against DC

Cormier can takedown anyone but can have trobule with as we saw Jones,Gustafsson almost due to same reasons as with Jon,Rumble and Evans would be hard to take down.DC had hard time with Jones in wrestling because he didnt expect(like me and many others) that Jon's height,long legs will be problem and it was,couldn't reach his legs most of the time to trip it and Jones himself is great wrestler too so he defended well,dont think Jones got big victory in wrestling because he didnt actually,he couldnt take DC down from the distance during the fight(RD 1 after catching the kick,2,3 and others) and it was crazy to think that he would get DC down from distance because he is much taller,DC short,wrestler so just like with Evans it didnt work.In 4th round DC's legs were right next to each other and nobody cant defend like that(his mistake) and Jones took it,in last round same position but this time DC defends he saw that Jon will loook for a takedown from the clinch and he stopped him,so Jones outwrestled DC because of his mistakes not because he is better cause he's not.DC would outwrestle rampage,glover,shogun,vitor much better,harder then Jon did.
And Hendo's wrestling is bad,limited fighter

He said the same thing about Rashad when Rashad fought Jones.

The reality is that DC underrated the specificity of wrestling someone with a giant frame like Jones, wich giant reach, and the fences of the octagon factor.

DC imo bought his own hype, and thought he would outwrestle Jones easily..

Why not just take Jones down? Come on Hendo, you're better than that. Cormier basically sacrificed the entire 5th round to land a takedown for moral victories when he picked Jones up and Jones squirmed out and landed on his knees and got up before Cormier even did.

captain-hindsight-300x221.jpg

Hahaha exactly

I think he wrestled too much especially in the last round where he had nothing to lose and should have looked to finish Jones

Add DC to the list of wrestlers that say they are going to wrestle and take Jones down and don't do it.

It seemed DC's gameplan was to clinch and hit him with shots on the inside. I'm sure if he really focused on wrestling he could get him down as much as he wanted. Jones showed good takedown defense but it's not like DC really went hard for them like he did against Barnett.

Doesn't Bones have a TDD of 96%, one of the highest in UFC history? I don't think DC could be effective against Bones in wrestling or he would have. What I'm saying is, you can't really compare anyone to Bones.

But Daaaaaaaan, he tried and he failed!

Back