Dan Hardy SONS Gall on the MMA Hour after post fight callout

I have a feeling Gall would shock a lot of people with an upset win over Hardy in MMA, but I know for sure that Gall would make Hardy his bitch in grappling.

You don't know what you're talking about.

You could argue neither Swick/Hardy deserved it, but nobody did and GSP was ready to fight.
You don't know what you're talking about.

You could argue neither Swick/Hardy deserved it, but nobody did and GSP was ready to fight.

Neither of were near the top of the food chain at the time. Both were manufactured contenders who avoided fighting the top 3 guys beneath GSP.

I love it when Ariel tries to use his show for brewing some beef and it backfires in his face.

I listen to his show every week.

It's bizarre he approaches pretty much every interview the same way. Some fighters just don't care for that. Ariel believes that since Conor has found such great success with his persona, that literally every single fighter should adopt the same attitude.

That's a load of crap. He was arguably the top contender at the time and the fight was billed as winner fights for the belt. Seick was on a tear and had like a 9 fight streak, or maybe lost one in ten or something. Dan was thought to be unproven but his trash talk and exciting style was thought to be exactly what the division needed.

Koscheck had just lost to Thiago and beat an over the hill Frank Trigg. No one wanted to see Fitch vs GSP again and he was injured at the time anyway.

Kos lost to Thiago on two weeks notice. He would have Merle's Hardy. Fitch hadn't lost to anyone. Neither guy was close to the top of the food chain, and there records after this fight speak to it.

tumblr_miw5yb9we61s609pno1_500.gif

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/9/27/1057497/big-news-coming-from-dan-hardy-and

http://www.mmafighting.com/2009/11/12/mike-swick-one-win-away-from-gsp

Never argued that it was a contender match, just that either was the No. 1 contender.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/10/28/1102040/usat-sbn-october-mma-consensus

http://www.mmamania.com/2009/10/29/ufc-rankingsmma-rankings-featured-in-usa-today-for-october-2009

hardy was mediocre in his prime. gall subs him today

Harry's a journeyman level fighter, i.e. a good mid tier scrapper. This has been common knowledge for over half of a decade. Of course if you're not considered a "legend", many interpret that as an insult for some reason.

Neither of were near the top of the food chain at the time. Both were manufactured contenders who avoided fighting the top 3 guys beneath GSP.

Not quite.

Swick/Kos/Fitch avoided each other, yeah. So that's 3 of the top 5.

Both Kos and Fitch were coming off losses. Swick was an undefeated WW. He was clearly the #1 guy at the time.

He stepped in to fight Hardy as a replacement and lost. The entire top five of the WW division was coming off losses, half of them to GSP himself.

Hardy was the last man standing when GSP was ready.

You previously suggest the UFC protected Hardy by giving him Swick, when that was never the original fight planned. Swick stepped in and therefore the fight became a title eliminator.

Hardy didn't avoid anyone, he got very lucky and had good timing.

I don't know what Gall is thinking. He seems to be angling towards any fight that brings the attention.

That's exactly what he's doing and so far it's worked great for him. I think he's also trying to fight guys who are weak on the ground.

Nothing against Hardy, but his biggest claim to fame is going 5 rounds with GSP. Other than that it's pretty much this...
DanHardyKOd.gif

Anyone can get caught with a good shot. Up until then they looked dead-even in the stand-up.

He only lost to championship level fighters since '06. He's probably good enough to laugh off a callout from a raw kid who is in the UFC because of a reality show, wouldn't you say?

Hardy was dominated and finished by Chris Lytle, and lost to welterweight rumble, neither of whom sniffed title contention. His best win (Swick) is over a guy who was in the UFC because of a reality show. I honestly think this would be a pretty even fight at this point in their careers.

I think the call out was absurd, but Hardy has some delusions of grandeur. He isn't the KO machine he's hyped up to be and he left on a what? 4 fight losing streak

he left on a 2 fight win streak but good try

I agree the call out was flat out absurd, not sure what Gall is going for here, it's cool to call out a winnable fight as he did with Sage but calling out an analyst with a heat condition who hasn't fought for 4 years? not the best idea

Ariel "Where's the beef?" Helwani got Hardy and Gall together on his show to hype up a prospective fight between the two and was shot down in elegant fashion by The Outlaw.

"I've never fought anyone with under 8 fights in my whole career and I'm not looking to knock out an up and coming prospect. I'm ready to come back but I want a big fight, a veteran with 20 or 30 fights. I don't want to affect the career of these young guys who I'm going to be commentating for in the future, We're just at different stages of our career."

"He has that right" Gall replied "He's a legend and I respect him and that's cool, love you Dan."

Dan went on to suggest a grappling match, perhaps at an Ebi or some thing and Gall was happy to oblige "Sure, that'd be cool, thank you man"

#SON'd

#GUERNICAbless

Back