Dan Hardy says "McGregor gets murdered" against Masvidal (timestamped)

Conor went what...9 or 10 rounds with Floyd? If Masvidal's boxing is soooooo much better than Conor's (like some people here say), does that mean he would've beaten Mayweather?

Is this a joke? Conor was never close to giving Floyd problems. Despite his massive size advantage, McGregor was landing at 18-28% for all but two rounds. Meanwhile Floyd was landing between 40-70%. That’s target practice and almost certainly points at Floyd carrying the cash cow.

yes, masvidal assaulting a retired fighter sounds like something he might do

Masvidal likes to stand, doesn't rely on size and isn't even a big WW. Conor's been an elite stand-up fighter consistently, while Jorge's been a step below in that area. Inconsistent as well. Masvidal's a very skilled dude, and tough, but it would likely be a stand-up fight, which means Conor's left will land early.

Why pick on Conor? That guy has been beaten down enough...christ, he's already retired. Let him enjoy his life.

You fixed nothing.

Conor knows whats up.

giphy.gif

Yeah.

His mirco-dick is up at some weigh ins... Ultra...hilarity.

lol at conor being a 2 division champ

hes been mollycoddled every step of the way, did they give dc two random-ass fights without weight cuts before his title fight against stipe? was dana pumping dc full of stem cells to help him, and giving him a huge mansion for his entire team?

lol conors success was a 100% created by the ufc, now he can't make 145 and is shit scared of everyone at 155

<45>

Damn bro.. Aldo is the first to disagree with you.

Is this a joke? Conor was never close to giving Floyd problems. Despite his massive size advantage, McGregor was landing at 18-28% for all but two rounds. Meanwhile Floyd was landing between 40-70%. That’s target practice and almost certainly points at Floyd carrying the cash cow.

Did I say he gave Floyd problems? What other elite pro boxers* gave Floyd problems in his last few fights? What other LW sized MMA fighters would've done better than Conor?

* I'd take prime Sugar Ray Leonard, Tommy Hearns and a few others over Mayweather, but he fought in an era of relatively low competition. But that's a totally different discussion.

Did I say he gave Floyd problems? What other elite pro boxers* gave Floyd problems in his last few fights? What other LW sized MMA fighters would've done better than Conor?

* I'd take prime Sugar Ray Leonard, Tommy Hearns and a few others over Mayweather, but he fought in an era of relatively low competition. But that's a totally different discussion.

What I’m saying is: Masvidal can be a better boxer and still get embarrassed. Especially since Mayweather didn’t even take Conor seriously. This was Floyd sleepwalking through a fight he hardly even trained for.

Not a hot take.
McGregor is a coke head who only trains for IG pics these days. He loses to the top 7 of ANY weight class.

I like how Masvidal is being portrayed as some ruthless killer now that he won the lottery with that flying knee.

What I’m saying is: Masvidal can be a better boxer and still get embarrassed. Especially since Mayweather didn’t even take Conor seriously. This was Floyd sleepwalking through a fight he hardly even trained for.
Lol as someone who's been a fan and student of Floyd's game for over a decade, there isn't a single fight in his career that he doesn't train hard for and take seriously. Especially the last fight of his career, beating the Marciano Record. He's also the last guy on earth to allow himself to take punches out of any boxer I've ever known.

How he fought was strategy and exactly how he should have fought at 40 years old against an unorthodox southpaw fighter with power, good reflexes, timing, some boxing skill, etc. their strategy was to hit they early and often, stay on the defense early and allow Conor to punch himself out and take him into deep water. Even Floyds corner affirmed that taking him into the later rounds was the strategy

Bit off topic but I cringe every time I hear this shit.

Hardy is biased because he's friends with Masvidal.

Well, Masvidal is beneath him in every conceivable way so it certainly makes no sense for him.

McGregor is not on a losing streak in MMA. In fact, he and Masvidal are both 2-2 in their last 4 fights. McGregor has the far better wins in his career and has done way more with his opportunities though. This coming from someone who can't stand either guy, I have zero bias here.
I did count boxing match and khabib as losing streak. I like both of them <Oku04>But i dont know if Conor is even fighting anymore.
if he is i would like to see this matchup but i bet it wont happen.

Duh?
Maybe, but again, Masvidal is simply not that impressive if he doesn't get a 1st or 2nd round finish. Look at all of his fights that have gone to a decision. Can you name one where he beat a quality striker by consistenly outpointing them for 3 to 5 rounds? I can at least say Conor has wins over Nate and Holloway in fights that went the distance.
I'd say one man's trajectory is pointed up, Conor is a plane crash. Bringing up the Holloway fight. No punches were thrown in the most boring fight ever. Conor blanketing someone with a torn knee. Why is that fight ever mentioned for anything. It's like papa-cerrone these OG's are see the Twilight and are acting accordingly. Of course he kills Conor are you f'ing serious? Jorge doesn't get punched. Conor would get Wrecked on the feet.

Someone show me a gif of Jorge even when he was broke and didn't gaf about his career getting KO'd or Rocked or Styled on. Show me.

Lol as someone who's been a fan and student of Floyd's game for over a decade, there isn't a single fight in his career that he doesn't train hard for and take seriously. Especially the last fight of his career, beating the Marciano Record. He's also the last guy on earth to allow himself to take punches out of any boxer I've ever known.

How he fought was strategy and exactly how he should have fought at 40 years old against an unorthodox southpaw fighter with power, good reflexes, timing, some boxing skill, etc. their strategy was to hit they early and often, stay on the defense early and allow Conor to punch himself out and take him into deep water. Even Floyds corner affirmed that taking him into the later rounds was the strategy

Bit off topic but I cringe every time I hear this shit.

You might be right about the training. It would be like Floyd to hype the fight and try to play with Conor a little by putting out stories of him goofing off at strip joints.

Regarding the actual fight, Mayweather was very clearly coasting. After rd3, he saw that Conor was no threat and felt zero pressure from him. You can’t speculate how well other MMA boxers would do vs Floyd based off that sparring match.

Jorge's style is taylor-made for Conor's insane counter striking. He's more like Dustin and less like Khabib. Let's face it, nobody is like Khabib and Conor is catching too much crap for losing that fight.
All that being said, Jorge's got a world class chin and seems to walk-thru a lot of power punches from guys bigger than Conor so who knows. I want to see it happen unless Jorge gets Usman, which I would rather see because I want Jorge to take this belt.

Back