Dan Hardy - Gus Smith breakdown

Martialbeef

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

Not sure if been posted

Dan killing it like always.

Gustafsson imo will wipe the floor with Smith, but you never know with mma.

Last edited:
I have Smith getting the W

He was out of his league against Jones both stylistically and talent wise.

He's a better striker overall than Gus imo...especially this later version of Gus

Doubt anyone would claim Smith is better at grappling but the question is if Gus can even make it a grueling fight

Maybe im sleeping on Gustafsson.....but Anthony Smith just has more tools with striking in both standup and muay thai clinching strikes.

Gus boxing is more polished than anything Smith throws but it's a matter of who has more to throw for me....

does he smoke ayahuasca during this "breakdown?"

I kind of feel like the work Smith put into TDD for the Juicin Jonny fight will probably help him here. I have been getting upset vibes from this one too, but hey what the fuck do I really know? Maybe Gus smokes him in the first.

xyn45EaRy4-3.png

I think Gus is 1-1 in Sweden. Big fight for him

Too bad Jack wasn't able to be on this card.......

I have Smith getting the W

He was out of his league against Jones both stylistically and talent wise.

He's a better striker overall than Gus imo...especially this later version of Gus

Doubt anyone would claim Smith is better at grappling but the question is if Gus can even make it a grueling fight

Maybe im sleeping on Gustafsson.....but Anthony Smith just has more tools with striking in both standup and muay thai clinching strikes.

Gus boxing is more polished than anything Smith throws but it's a matter of who has more to throw for me....

Gus will have a size advantage and elite level eye pokes!

Gus will have a size advantage and elite level eye pokes!
I think they're same size aren't they?

Although Smith was a 185er so Gus probably has more junk in the trunk...a bit more uuumphf if you will

Although Smith was a 185er so Gus probably has more junk in the trunk...a bit more uuumphf if you will
Gus could be a heavyweight if he punched with a bit more umph.

Gus could be a heavyweight if he punched with a bit more umph.
Durability would be even more of an issue potentially...he already seemingly limps through training camps/fights half the time, if he even makes it through camp

Gus has a decent reach advantage but they always lie about height. If i remember correctly Gus looked taller at the seasonal presser staredown.

plus Gus cuts a lot of weight where as Anthony hardly cuts at all for 205..

2nbzjaf.png

I thought Gus had a bit more height on him. Still will have a weight advantage. imo

2nbzjaf.png

I thought Gus was had a bit more height on him. Still will have a weight advantage. imo
Certainly a bigger difference than i would have envisioned

I guess whether or not it matters will depend on the type of fight that it turns into

Who knows what version of Gus we’ll see? IMO, he has the better tools to win, but smith could win on grit. We’ll see if he comes out looking to make a statement after his disappointing showing against jones.

Gustafsson by sub inside three is my guess

Back