Media Dan Hardy Breaks down Usman vs. Covington "Usman's strikings is technically better"

Dan Hardy is a clown, putting the words "Usman's striking" and any form of "technical" in the same sentence is retarded. Marty has more power, but that's about it. Still, Marty is going to molest Colby with his wrestling and far superior top control.

Hope hardy picks Ferguson to beat Khabib in the future.

Dan Hardy is a clown, putting the words "Usman's striking" and any form of "technical" in the same sentence is retarded. Marty has more power, but that's about it. Still, Marty is going to molest Colby with his wrestling and far superior top control.

Hope hardy picks Ferguson to beat Khabib in the future.
I agree, Rafael Dos Anos put Colby on his back a good few times and RDA was able to get back to his feet when Colby got him down. So as far as Kamaru taking him down is a forgone conclusion. Will Marty be able to keep him there? Well he certainly out grappled Tyron and kept him there. Plus Kamuru is not pillow fisted as Colby. I think Colby is getting whooped here.

I agree with the above posters. I think Usman's too big, too strong and too well-conditioned and the wrestling threat he poses is insurmountable for Colby.

I can't see anything other than an Usman win, but it sure as hell ain't for his striking.

Considering throwing 100 down on it, odds aren't great but I feel like it's basically free money.

Colby barely outwrestled a lightweight jiu jiutsu practitioner. What's he going to do with Usman?

Re-watched a few of Coby's fights, he's so fucking overrated and he's there for the taking - can't punch to save his life and relies on his stamina to fool the judges into giving him later rounds. His fight against Maia was pathetic. His off balance 'punches' had nothing behind them but were thrown in volume.

Colby is the new Perry but without the KOs. Most of his 'fans' around here are bored trolls with nothing better to do.

<mma4> Don't always agree with a Hardy break down but I think this one is fair and pretty much along the same line as I see it. I agree Colby needs to pressure but Colby's pressure usually requires getting the clench getting you caged, and taking you down from there, all major problems for Colby dealing with the bigger, stronger, Usman, who beat on Woodley doing all those same tactics, at one point Usman had Woodley caged and was shoulder punching TWood with enough force to snap Tyron's head back, who da f*k shoulder punches? Now that's using your body..

I don't think Usman has the gas tank to pull it off.

he ain't wrong, Colby's striking sucks but his good cardio allows him to throw lots of volume
i actually don't see how he wins this fight since Usman is better everywhere not to mention bigger and stronger, the only thing Colby probably has an advantage at is his speed and it ain't by much

I'm no fan of Colby... But I don't recall Perry ever being on a 7 fight streak in the UFC or winning an interim title.

Maybe I wasnt clear enough. I dont compare them as fighters. I compare their fanbases being mostly trolls acting like they were the best ever.

I mentionned the KOs because Perry is actually entertaining in the cage so you could actually be a fan for real.

Am I the only one who doesn't care that much about this fight?

The BMF belt is the real title in this division anyways

Dan Hardy is a clown, putting the words "Usman's striking" and any form of "technical" in the same sentence is retarded.
he said its more technical then Colbys which it is.

Perhaps it is you that is the tard and not the professional fighter speaking on professional fighting

Re-watched a few of Coby's fights, he's so fucking overrated and he's there for the taking - can't punch to save his life and relies on his stamina to fool the judges into giving him later rounds. His fight against Maia was pathetic. His off balance 'punches' had nothing behind them but were thrown in volume.
-y3feKeOBDx4G_S_svMWaQFu9kLHK7Rj4XJj3ff7SGs.jpg

Lol. Colby did more damage in 3 rounds than Woolley or Usman did in 5. Bet he wishes he was as tough as you, big man

he said its more technical then Colbys which it is.

Perhaps it is you that is the tard and not the professional fighter speaking on professional fighting
It really isn't. I'm a big Marty fan and he definitely has significantly more power in his hands, but as far as technique goes he's one of the worst strikers in the top 15. And Dan Hardy is a professional clown who has been wrong in his predictions and "analysis" so many times that his opinions are worth less than the internet traffic needed to hear them.

It really isn't. I'm a big Marty fan and he definitely has significantly more power in his hands, but as far as technique goes he's one of the worst strikers in the top 15. And Dan Hardy is a professional clown who has been wrong in his predictions and "analysis" so many times that his opinions are worth less than the internet traffic needed to hear them.
Its a testament to how bad Colby's striking technique is, Maia busted him up on the feet before he gassed.

Back