Dan Cormier i cls the Johny Hendricks of HW.

ch0rx

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Ask yourself: would Johny clean house at LW? Because Cormier very well may clear out LHW.

Johny is a smaller-framed but built like a fucking fire hydrant type fighter, and so is Cormier. There is a huge amount of power that comes with that, and some disadvantages. I personally think Hendricks is slower than GSP, by some degree, and is slightly less dynamic.

Same things for Cormier vs. Jones, but only slightly so. Cormier is slightly more dynamic than Johny, but I believe slightly less powerful, relatively.

But would Cormier be able to take down Gustaffson where Jones did not? You better believe it. He woulda mauled him in the clinch.

And Cormier has absolutely dirty GnP. He was tapping BigFoot and nearly putting him out. He has very heavy hands.

I think he KO's Roy.

No way he KOs Roy. If JDS can't Cormier can't. He will dominate every second of the fight though.

Hendricks would not clean house at LW. If that is what you are asking.
And everyone thinks Cormier is going to go into the LHW division and wreck shop when he has done nothing at LHW.

Still remains to be seen. I'm still not sold on DC being able to make weight comfortably.

You know who else could maybe clear out a division?

Any single fighter who hasn't done it yet.

It's easy to say someone could do something when they haven't been proven that they can't, but it's another thing entirely to actually do it like Bones, Anderson and GSP have.

TS I need to know two things before allowing this thread to continue. 1) Are you from Oklahoma? 2) Do you wrestle or come from a family of wrestlers?

I am just checking for extremely blatant bias.

No way he KOs Roy. If JDS can't Cormier can't. He will dominate every second of the fight though.

x3xv0p.jpg

The only thing I asked myself is what the fuck is up with the thread title.

Ask yourself: would Johny clean house at LW? Because Cormier very well may clear out LHW.

Johny is a smaller-framed but built like a fucking fire hydrant type fighter, and so is Cormier. There is a huge amount of power that comes with that, and some disadvantages. I personally think Hendricks is slower than GSP, by some degree, and is slightly less dynamic.

Same things for Cormier vs. Jones, but only slightly so. Cormier is slightly more dynamic than Johny, but I believe slightly less powerful, relatively.

But would Cormier be able to take down Gustaffson where Jones did not? You better believe it. He woulda mauled him in the clinch.

And Cormier has absolutely dirty GnP. He was tapping BigFoot and nearly putting him out. He has very heavy hands.

I think he KO's Roy.

The fuck? Did you just say that DC, who is built like a fire hydrant according to you, is more dynamic and less powerful than Jones?

I think DC finds out that Gus really is THAT good in the clinch - and that Jones really does know how to keep opponents at length - and Texiera does have extremely heavy hands - and Davis really does have awkward striking but somehow makes it effective - Once DC settles into his role at LHW (outside the top 8 or 10 of course), he can feel free to call up Cain and ask him what it's like to be champ. He should stick with the weight div he's undefeated in. Stupidest move ever

I really doubt Cormier will go to LHW unless he's guaranteed an insta-shot. And that would be ridiculous, because we can't even be sure he'll make weight.

Also, Johny would maybe be top 10 or top 5 at LW, but no clean out the division? Not a chance.

That said, I do get your comparison. Two stocky, strong wrestlers who hit hard and are highly ranked contenders.

Hendricks would not clean house at LW. If that is what you are asking.
And everyone thinks Cormier is going to go into the LHW division and wreck shop when he has done nothing at LHW.

So having an undefeated record and heavyweight doesn't mean anything if you drop to LHW. OMG.

Daniel is probably going to LHW because he is teammate and friends with Cain and they train together allot. Daniel is short and fast for a heavyweight. He will do ok in LHW though Bones will be his biggest challenge.

I really doubt Cormier will go to LHW unless he's guaranteed an insta-shot. And that would be ridiculous, because we can't even be sure he'll make weight.

Also, Johny would maybe be top 10 or top 5 at LW, but no clean out the division? Not a chance.

That said, I do get your comparison. Two stocky, strong wrestlers who hit hard and are highly ranked contenders.

Cormier hugged Mir for 3 rounds and played that cowardly clock stalling gameplan. I could care less whatever he does, if he loses he should be cut like Okami and Fitch.

Hendricks cannot cut down to 155. He already cuts a lot of weight and looks shredded when he fights at 170. We don't want any more Rumble Johnson's in the UFC.

And DC seems content to talk about cutting down while beating up weaker, irrelevant competition

Cormier hugged Mir for 3 rounds and played that cowardly clock stalling gameplan. I could care less whatever he does, if he loses he should be cut like Okami and Fitch.

He should already be cut, IMO. Anyone that takes a single step back in the course of a fight shouldn't be in the organization.

Hendricks is too big for LW. He has a real chance to beat GSP, though. I don't see Cormier as being particularly similar in terms of fight style. Hendricks is a blitzing fighter with maybe the most power p4p in the sport. Cormier is more methodical. They both do like to come forward. One is more of the ambush type fighter (think Pacquiao in terms of style). Cormier is more of the educated pressure fighter, though he attacks in spurts more than the likes of JCC (similar to a Duran stylistically). Both of them would be extremely well served by having better gas tanks.

Last edited:
Back