Damnit. Pulling the guard on the street.

I agree with Superbeast. Work on your wrestling and standing skills, this way you're on top and he's the victim. Btw, this "buddie" sounds like an ass. Avoid him untill you are really sharp with your takedowns and your vale tudo, then confront him and get some pay back, this guy has it coming.

Weonlywonsixtwo said:
I train 4 times a week by Gene Dunn.

I could have pwned him, I dunno what fell over me, My mind was elsewhere.
Gene iks the man...I roll w/ him on friday afternoons at Renzo's. He is a great guy and great instructor

Weonlywonsixtwo said:
Unless your vale tudo...We all need help in this matter. I realized how much I suck today, one of my annoying buddies threw me on the floor I got the half guard, he started to get up while I was still on the floor I double legged him, he threw me over because of his strength. I got the full guard, now this moron starts to use the pressure points of hell under the ear, then starts to choke me with his bare hands then with his elbow, Not to mention he ruined my metallica shirt, and bruised the fuck out of my shoulders. I don't know what came over me, I forgot everything I knew which isnt too much since I'm a n00b, but I forgot to sweep, for to kimura, forgot the triangle, mean while he is pummling the crap out of me, instead of thinking fast, I just sit in my guard, like a moron, man I need to fuse some strikcing in my rolling.

He is chocking you with his hands?
arm bar

sccisor sweep..............mount...............armbar...........you need more mat time if you let a guy muscle you on the ground, go to more sparring sessions and roll with bigger guys , next time you wont even think about what to do , youll just do it

WAR SHOGUN!!!!

:icon_cry2 I had to stop pulling guard and train more takdowns..

You need the power of Judo so you can throw him down and get position.

Pulling guard will get you your ass kicked on the street.

I'm sure this experience will make you train harder now that you know what to expect in a fight of that nature.

wow the same thing happened to me when i was kinda new to. \cept the guy wat like 40 pounds heavier then me and he was in my guard choking me with his bare hands... I felt so moronic afterwards.. for not even thinking of doin an armbar.. I jsut struggledd. But W.e Im better now :p

Back