Damnit! Ben Askren won me over...

Skeptic_Zero

I immigrated from Siberia to Alaska.
@Blue
Reaction score
I hated him, thought he was overrated (he might still be - we'll see). Rooted against him in his last fight against Lawler. Was pissed when he won.

But I can't hate him anymore. He's just being his own weird self, having fun, not taking things too seriously. He was the antithesis of Cejudo's cringy faux-seriousness and was the only entertaining fighter during the press conference.

Whatever, I guess I kind of like him now. War Askren, or something.

He's great. Cejudo is fucking awesome too though. Neither come across as contrived.

67123769.jpg

Me too, but he won me over in the build up to the Robbie fight

I hated him, thought he was overrated (he might still be - we'll see). Rooted against him in his last fight against Lawler. Was pissed when he won.

But I can't hate him anymore. He's just being his own weird self, having fun, not taking things too seriously. He was the antithesis of Cejudo's cringy faux-seriousness and was the only entertaining fighter during the press conference.

glad you got on the American Nightmare war wagon

I can't like him, I try, I respect his fighting ability but the guy is so cringe his mother must've looked like she was sucking lemons when he was born.
I look at him and just think "sssshhhhhh please".

He might be the biggest draw in WW division atm...

Won me over long Time ago.

Dudes funny and I like him

Looks like he finally won Dana over as well. When he ran out at the end and posed, Dana was cracking up.

He shut Lee down too and somehow did it in the nicest way possible. Lee who loves to talk shit literally had nothing for Askren.

I am starting to warm up to the curly headed fuck!

As long as he's not fighting Robbie because then i'll have to hate him again. :)

I've always liked Askren, but I've also always understood why lots of people find him annoying.

Funky train gaining some steam. Just wait until he beats Khabib.

<LikeReally5>

Id rather watch bryan callen speak about historical and political books from 1876

WHOA that was cold! But I couldn't agree more. Cejudo is like a puppet that just says derivative rhetoric like a fucking mook.

I wasnt sure how to take him either but he grew on me. I think he is funny as fuck

This Q&A from UFC London last month was pretty much Askren Gold too...

MadeupCalculatingHusky-small.gif

Back