Damn WWE used to be realer than UFC

I don't buy it. Foley was hardcore, he wanted to go through that cage to cement his legacy. And it worked. That's like the most talked about moment in wrestling history.

But it was totally planned.

He went through the cage another time too, at least once that I know of.
Foley planned it. Not the WWE or Undertaker. There is a reason Undertaker half assed both the throw off the cage and the choke slam on it, he was flowing Foleys lead and had no didn’t know he was going to do that. Notice the ring hit is solid. The next time and every time since when someone is out through the cage like that the ring “gives out” in that spot. Foley also ruptured his spleen that match. The WWE does tons of stunts but not all are planned out or well done. Like Shane belly to belly through the glass.

tell’em animal got Dusty fired.

dusty was a legend too.

Dusty got himself fired, he wanted Flair to drop the strap to Rick Steiner in a squash match at Starrcade 88 and was overruled. So bleeding on TBS was his temper tantrum.

I remember back in the early 80s when watching wresting with my bro and dad would say - you know they'd kill each other within a minute if real right?

Its fake AF

Foley planned it. Not the WWE or Undertaker. There is a reason Undertaker half assed both the throw off the cage and the choke slam on it, he was flowing Foleys lead and had no didn’t know he was going to do that. Notice the ring hit is solid. The next time and every time since when someone is out through the cage like that the ring “gives out” in that spot. Foley also ruptured his spleen that match. The WWE does tons of stunts but not all are planned out or well done. Like Shane belly to belly through the glass.
Had a freind who did 17 years on a choke slam.... broke a dude head on bar room floor. Don ttry this at home kids....especially if a 310 lineman....

The Attitude Era was fun to watch, but man some lives were seriously impacted during that time. And for better or worse a lot of stuff that impacts the head like chair shots and pile drivers have been banned. And does the WWE even really do house shows anymore? I get the vibe they've seriously cut down the workload of wrestlers especially with the separate brands. I'd like to think the life of a wrestler is a lot better these days, but recently I saw a bump compilation video of one of the women's wrestlers of all people and some of the shots looked seriously nasty. Kind of seems like the tradeoff for not doing headshots is doing strongstyle.

I'm sure house shows were cut down simply because of covid but house shows are actually very useful to producers and wrestlers alike. They get to test how audiences react to different match up and angles before putting it in front of the world wide audience, where there is no going back. Also let's the wrestlers practice various things. I was a fan back in the day and saw a few house shows as a kid. It was weird to see guys fighting that had no beef on tv. Some of the match ups would easily have been billed as PPV headliners if they had weeks of televised story build up.

I'm sure house shows were cut down simply because of covid but house shows are actually very useful to producers and wrestlers alike. They get to test how audiences react to different match up and angles before putting it in front of the world wide audience, where there is no going back. Also let's the wrestlers practice various things. I was a fan back in the day and saw a few house shows as a kid. It was weird to see guys fighting that had no beef on tv. Some of the match ups would easily have been billed as PPV headliners if they had weeks of televised story build up.
Yep, also saw Austin vs Booker T right before their big fued took off. House shows were fun since they had actual full blown matches and half the live shows just get interrupted.

The Attitude era was better than much of what the UFC has ever put out.

Every Monday night.

he wasn't known for taking head shots or the hardest bumps (although the ones you see played over and over again are the craziest examples). He actually toned it down big time when he came to WWE. Before that he was more into mutilation shit like with blading, tacks, barbed wire, firecrackers, etc. That shit will obviously hurt you but not in the way that a guy like Chris Benoit would perform, who had a move he'd regularly perform that involved him jumping off the top rope and slamming his head into the ground.
f51.gif

Say what you want to about the business, but the bumps are real.

Last edited:
Its been about 20 years since I've watched wrestling, but I figured as part of the whole push to protect wrestlers I was thinking one of the things they did was to cut down the amount of shows wrestlers worked. Watching back in the 90's when they advertised upcoming events during shows like Superstars it seems like they had an event damn near everyday. Towards the end of when I watched I do not remember them advertising nearly as many events. Maybe they just cut back on advertising house shows or I did not see them.

Lol @ people saying its fake.... no shizz sherlock holmes. Its the injuries from the act that is brutal in pro wrestling.

I never understood why so many people jump up and scream "FAKE" everytime pro wrestling is mentioned.

You all know Keanu Reeves didn't really shoot a bunch of gangsters over his dog & his car, right?

It's entertainment.

Yeah, you don't see people complaining about stunt shows. That is exactly what pro wrestling is, with a little bit of drama added.

It's hard and dangerous work.

Whats the deal with Owen Heart breaking so many neck, especially by mixing a tombstone with a normal piledriver.

For a guy that is so loved and praised for is technical ability its inexcusable (BTW I know Austin did the same move to a Japanese wrestler in the early 90s sitdown piledriver from tombstone position).

Back