Damn the LHW division is so shallow.

Then steps right back out unless they hold the title fight in Britain.

He is a 13-0 prospect who has gone to decision exactly zero times in his career. The topic of the thread is how shallow the LHW division is, not who Jones' next fight will be against. Manuwa is well on his way.

jones dominated the top lhw's in a short period of time (except gus), and some of them are declining (like shogun, lil nog)

it is definitely a weak division at the moment ... with a great champion.

Middleweight, Light Heavyweight and Heavyweight are all pretty weak right now. It seems like there should be an upcoming crop of really good fighters, but they aren't arriving as I would think.

I thinking having Glover fight Jones before Gus was a good decision.

Now we at least have some interesting title fights to look forward to at LHW for a while. If Glover beats Jones, then there are a ton of new match ups that would be interesting to watch. If Glover loses, then we get to see Gus/Jones 2, which we all want to see.

Yes, the LHW division as a whole is shallow. But we at least have a few good title matches that will keep us busy. Hopefully the talent improves during this time frame.

If Glover loses and then Gus loses the rematch, then we are f**ked if there are no other contenders that appear on the radar.

I think the odds of Jones losing to Glover OR Gus are higher than 50%. So lets not worry about this too much until it actually happens. If Jones loses then we can expect a lot of top fighters coming back to LHW to go after the belt. Same thing happened with MW after Anderson lost.

it is definitely a weak division at the moment ... with a great champion.

Great champions can make a division look weak. like MW over the years. Though then again I don't think WW has looked weak during GSP's dominance, shows how good the guy is.

Great champions can make a division look weak. like MW over the years. Though then again I don't think WW has looked weak during GSP's dominance, shows how good the guy is.

There are shallow divisions with dominant champions in their own league like HW (JDS and Cain have their own league). Shallow because there are only a few top guys. Take Cain and JDS out and who is champ? Werdum? Anybody else?

There are strong and deep divisions with dominant champions in their own league like WW and FW - maybe BW now. Strong and deep because everybody is potentially a champ and is beating everybody else.

There are shallow divisions with dominant champions in their own league like AS - and by own league that means their own division was so weak they used to visit the one above him. Weidman changed that division.

There are strong divisions with no dominant champs like LW and FlyW (MM was owned by McCall first time round and arguably lost vs Benavidez).

If I'm right, there's about as many light-heavies as there is heavies, maybe a few more.

What we need to do is take a solid look at upcoming prospects.

Guys like Juha Saarinen, Max Nunes, Brandon Ropati, Volkan Oezdemir.

Europe specifically has some big guys the UFC should try out.

i dont think it's weak, it's just that the big names are getting old.

Back