Damn That Referee Let.....

They mentioned that the ref wont work anymore fights tonight in the fox show <2>

And honestly he should have stopped it earlier when Sanderhagen's arm popped.

Is there an actual rule that says if something is broken the ref has to stop it ? I know screaming is a verbal tap, but if the guy doesn't tap, i don't know if the ref should stop it.

Um...I think this referee was a breath of fresh air. Gave 2 fighters a chance, communicated with both. Mario would have ASSUMED the arm was broke and stopped it, instead we have a referee that knows what he is looking at and the fight turned into a great performance. He was doing a wonderful job. ULTIMATE FIGHTING....Do you need a definition? Wasnt early, wasnt late...the stoppage was just fine in my opinion. His head wasnt bouncing off the canvas 5 times unconscious before it was stopped, the fighter had plenty of time to improve position. When it was fetal position that was a rap.

Ref was great IMO.

You have a point, Alcantara didn't want to tap to strikes but in the first round when he spat out his mouthguard you could see that Alcantara wanted out of the fight. After that it was useless beating. His corner should have stopped him too.
The announcers used/stole your line bro!

Congratulations TS

Sherdog phone use on stage confirmed
lol,will have to find the vid

DID YALL SEE HOW HARD THAT GUY WAS HITTING THE OTHER GUY!? IN THE FACE AT THAT! WTF!?

THIS SPORT IS GETTING OUT OF CONTROL, SOMEBODY IS GOING TO DIE IN THERE IF THESE REFS KEEP LETTING FIGHTERS FIGHT!
Yeah, if we let these fighters continuously fight and hit hard as they do someone is gonna die. They need to take the word ULTIMATE out of the company name because we dont want to give people the wrong idea. 40 unanswered head shots is uncalled for!

Get outa here. Enjoy a God damn fight people
are you this guy ? :
<{JustBleed}>

The inconsistency is what is so infuriating to me. Refs often stop fights when a dude takes 2-3 undefended blows on the ground when he's obviously not out and still capable of defending or when they turtle to survive the round. While other refs (often the same one who stopped a fight too early on the same card) let guys take dozens of unanswered shots.

Its in the running for performance of the night for sure we will see how UFC feels about it.
I think I'd vote for it to be fight of the night. Night isn't done though and Gaethje's on the card, so we should wait.

That ref was taken off the main card. So, somebody thought he fucked up.

Back