Damn That Referee Let.....

First time ever I cheer for a stoppage with money on the loser.

It was pretty bad. Refs like him give MMA a bad name.

is this fucking point karate or fighting

the fighter had the option to tap out. The corner has the option to throw in the fucking towel. The referee is there to enforce the fucking rules not to babysit you
In fairness, you can be concussed and not unconscious. You may not be aware enough to tap out. Then again, your corner should do it for you..

In fairness, you can be concussed and not unconscious. You may not be aware enough to tap out. Then again, your corner should do it for you..

Right, that's why i pointed out that the corner can throw the towel in.

Iuri Alcantra take 40+ non defended head shots on the ground before stopping it! That's terrible man c mon. Sherdog did you see that ???
LOVED IT. This is fighting not mud wrestling. The ref knows what he is looking for. He was communicating with the fighter (both). I think the referee did a wonderful job. Played close attention and ended it when it should have been stopped. Its now a performance of the night SO FAR in my opinion thanks to that. Tired of these early stoppages. Its the late stoppages when a guy is having his head bounced off the canvas 6 times while out that should be bitched about. People forget the ref sees more than we do.

Last edited:
is this fucking point karate or fighting
Yeah, because there's no middle ground between point fighting and letting a guy eat a few dozen shots to the head on the canvas. Even Sandhagen was like "WTF ref?"

FUCK YEAH WE SAW THAT <{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>

Get that ref a contract for 229 NOW

Sherdog did you see that ???
giphy.gif

in north america it's perfectly acceptable to watch a guy eat 20 unanswered punches before calling the fight, but a guy eating like one or two soccer kicks, "totally crosses the line"

Last edited:
Yeah, because there's no middle ground between point fighting and letting a guy eat a few dozen shots to the head on the canvas. Even Sandhagen was like "WTF ref?"
Love how everyone is an expert on reffing here on Sherdog. He knows what to look for. Should the ref assumed that Sandhagens arm was broken and stopped it then too? Or did the ref know what he was looking at. C'mon people let refs ref and enjoy A GODDAMMN FIGHT

DID YALL SEE HOW HARD THAT GUY WAS HITTING THE OTHER GUY!? IN THE FACE AT THAT! WTF!?

THIS SPORT IS GETTING OUT OF CONTROL, SOMEBODY IS GOING TO DIE IN THERE IF THESE REFS KEEP LETTING FIGHTERS FIGHT!

Back