Damn, tech dude saw my desktop

So I was on my work computer. I downloaded some background music for a work PowerPoint presentation using some YouTube to mp3 site. After visiting the site I got a shit ton of spam and pop ups. It was like 10 or 11 and I e-mailed the tech guy at my job to see if my computer has an antivirus or something.

Now, I assumed he probably wouldn't be available at this time and would get back to me in the morning, but since everyone's working at home our hours are off and he was up. He apparently tried to e-mail me and I didn't see it right away, then I saw he had remote access to my computer. He opened a notepad and let me know he was on.

I was shocked and immediately thought... "oh oh... do I have anything weird on here?" We all look up strange shit (not necessarily NSFW but strange stuff nonetheless). I didn't have time to clean up.

I had a bunch of tabs opened:

• A webinar I was doing.
• A tab searching for pangolins
• Sherdog, but luckily it wasn't the active tab <6>
• a Reddit tab
• Some other shit I don't remember

It wasn't too bad, but then he went on my desktop. If I knew I'd have "company" I'd have straightened up, but some weird icons I had (that he definitely saw) were

• A photo titled "blackpower.jpg" it was a picture of the black panthers during the 1968 Olympics that I created into a poster for a friend. I hope he didn't think I'm some extremist.
View attachment 758860

• A picture of a Tasmanian Tiger

• A picture of Donald Trump with a Sims icon on top of him
n3XS60CSRA9RX.jpg

• And a picture of @gizmo J handy for making memes. I hope he doesn't think that's my gay lover.

Yea, yea, yea, I shouldn't have that stuff on my work computer. But realistically you're gonna start using your work PC for personal stuff too especially if you're in the office all day. Hell, half of the time I was on Sherdog (pre-Covid19) was when I was at work!

Luckily there was nothing too bad. I mean, the sites that I visit on the work computer can only be so bad anyway.
View attachment 758856
Plot twist, that wasn't your tech support guy. LOL jkjk, our place makes us make sure the user gives verbal consent before we remote in. Like you say, God knows what might be up and running haha

Im sure he didnt give a shit enough to look at your black power memes bro

Yea, yea, yea, I shouldn't have that stuff on my work computer. But realistically you're gonna start using your work PC for personal stuff too especially if you're in the office all day. Hell, half of the time I was on Sherdog (pre-Covid19) was when I was at work!

No. That is what your phone is for. You better hope your company doesn't track you to make sure you are working.

It takes two separate clicks (one for permission to open the remote access program and the second to give permission to a specific user to start remote access) for our IT person to access our desktop. They are also required to then ask us to please close or hide anything that may be confidential or private (edit: they do this before access). I didn’t think any companies would want it to be any easier for people to access their employees’ machines.

I once had to remote into this old lady’s computer for something very similar. Not really remote access, but backdoor (giggity) access into their folders structure so that I could delete any harmful files from their temporary internet files. Keep in mind this woman is like 70 and horrible looking at that.

There was a jpeg file in there called something-boners.jpg. I did not look.

Not literally something. I just can’t remember the first word.

Lmao I used to love balls of steel.

the big gay following dude was hilarious too!! And iirc the bunny boiler chick was a babe!

Did you like the brunette bunny boiler or the blonde, Australian one? The brunette one almost got her ass kicked a bunch of times, I guess us Americans are just more violent.

No. That is what your phone is for. You better hope your company doesn't track you to make sure you are working.

Nah, I doubt it. It sounds unethical to spy without consent. I mean, what if I was logging into a bank account, medical records, etc.

Besides, it's a strange time. No one's strict to a schedule. I sometimes do work at midnight, as long as I get my shit done, it's cool.

So I was on my work computer. I downloaded some background music for a work PowerPoint presentation using some YouTube to mp3 site. After visiting the site I got a shit ton of spam and pop ups. It was like 10 or 11 and I e-mailed the tech guy at my job to see if my computer has an antivirus or something.

Now, I assumed he probably wouldn't be available at this time and would get back to me in the morning, but since everyone's working at home our hours are off and he was up. He apparently tried to e-mail me and I didn't see it right away, then I saw he had remote access to my computer. He opened a notepad and let me know he was on.

I was shocked and immediately thought... "oh oh... do I have anything weird on here?" We all look up strange shit (not necessarily NSFW but strange stuff nonetheless). I didn't have time to clean up.

I had a bunch of tabs opened:

• A webinar I was doing.
• A tab searching for pangolins
• Sherdog, but luckily it wasn't the active tab <6>
• a Reddit tab
• Some other shit I don't remember

It wasn't too bad, but then he went on my desktop. If I knew I'd have "company" I'd have straightened up, but some weird icons I had (that he definitely saw) were

• A photo titled "blackpower.jpg" it was a picture of the black panthers during the 1968 Olympics that I created into a poster for a friend. I hope he didn't think I'm some extremist.
View attachment 758860

• A picture of a Tasmanian Tiger

• A picture of Donald Trump with a Sims icon on top of him
n3XS60CSRA9RX.jpg

• And a picture of @gizmo J handy for making memes. I hope he doesn't think that's my gay lover.

Luckily there was nothing too bad. I mean, the sites that I visit on the work computer can only be so bad anyway.
View attachment 758856
Boy, oh, boy!..

Did he see the Lounge? If so, my condolences, AB, you've just been outed. Butt, it's good! They can't fire you now. Alphabet Inc. peeps are fireproof.

Thanks, T.Hanks!

<17>
<17>
<17>

Last edited:
Did you like the brunette bunny boiler or the blonde, Australian one? The brunette one almost got her ass kicked a bunch of times, I guess us Americans are just more violent.
haha i forgot how crazy some of the girls get on that show!! and then remember how they are bought into the audience to view the show and they are just watching on awkwardly at getting punked!?

i loved the uk bunny boiler. the tarot reading one was fucking hilarious!!!

the aussie one was good too, but i always find chicks with a english accent much hotter!

but lol this one is a good one!

You should have sex with him to assert dominance. Also...black power meme????

<puh-lease75>

as someone who has worked in i.t. for many years, and has remoted into people's computers many, many times, i personally couldn't give a crap what people have open. i don't bother looking, if it doesn't have to do with what i'm trying to get done. normally, at least the places i worked at, you couldn't get to the taboo sites. they were blocked by the firewall.

also, i would always ask the user beforehand, whether i could remote in. it's rude to kick someone off their computer without asking. in fact, we'd get in trouble at my previous job if we did that.

IT at an old, old job needed my password for an update which happened to be "[company]istrash" He cracked up. I want to say that most tech guys don't care. :)

Back