Damn please tell me this fight is NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!

T

Too $hort

JESUS PLEASE BE WE GOMEZ IN APRIL,REALLY COTTO VIA DEATH.Gomez's people are stupid for making this fight.Their is nothing he could do,this is going to end in a bad ko.This is when contender is bad for your career,this is the kinda fight I hate to see.This is going to be a straight beat down,I was totaly unaware of this fight.

So boxing forum who you got? gomez or cotto

I got Cotto within 8 rounds.

I disagree with this being a mistake on Gomez's management team.

THis is the best thing they could do for his career. This is something hes been dreaming about for years. A fight against a P4P fighter. Its an opportunity that wont present itself very often if at all. Its a chance for him to legitimize himself. And you know what its a fight that will be very entertaining while it lasts.

THis is the best thing they could do for his career. This is something hes been dreaming about for years. A fight against a P4P fighter. Its an opportunity that wont present itself very often if at all. Its a chance for him to legitimize himself. And you know what its a fight that will be very entertaining while it lasts.
I have cotto under 6,this is clearly a mismatch,I dont see how being ko'd will legitimize him

this is not the best thing you could do for gomez

A SHOT GATTI AND A SHOT BEN TACKIE FOR YOUR LAST 2 FIGHT THEN YOU FIGHT COTTO THAT DOSENT MAKE ANY SENSE,WHAT ABOUT PAUL MALLINAGGGGGIIG,URKAL,BRANCO THESE WOULD BE STEP UPS AND SMARTER FIGHTS IMO.

I have cotto under 6,this is clearly a mismatch,I dont see how being ko'd will legitimize him

this is not the best thing you could do for gomez

A SHOT GATTI AND A SHOT BEN TACKIE FOR YOUR LAST 2 FIGHT THEN YOU FIGHT COTTO THAT DOSENT MAKE ANY SENSE,WHAT ABOUT PAUL MALLINAGGGGGIIG,URKAL,BRANCO THESE WOULD BE STEP UPS AND SMARTER FIGHTS IMO.

He gets a pretty good payday, and a shot, albeit a small one to upset Cotto and put himself in line for even bigger money.

If he fights tough guys like Urkal or Malignaggi who aren`t as well known and loses against them then he might never get a shot at a guy like Cotto.

If he loses to Cotto at least he`s put himself out there to even more people, most of whom know there`s no shame in getting beaten by him....even a spirited loss could make him a lot of money in later fights.

He gets a pretty good payday, and a shot, albeit a small one to upset Cotto and put himself in line for even bigger money.

If he fights tough guys like Urkal or Malignaggi who aren`t as well known and loses against them then he might never get a shot at a guy like Cotto.

If he loses to Cotto at least he`s put himself out there to even more people, most of whom know there`s no shame in getting beaten by him....even a spirited loss could make him a lot of money in later fights.
well man I think he has heart and cotto is the kind of guy that could damage him for good if you know what I mean

I can agree to an extent about the opportunity and the dream. And I respect the hell out of Gomez, the man is going up against all odds because he believes in himself.
But lets not be fooled here, its is very likely he is going to be on the wrong end of a horrible beating. Sure he does have a chance to beat Cotto, a fight is a fight and anything can happen, anyone with the right fire can be Superman for one night. The problem is Cotto is an absolute MONSTER, and a vicious beatdown is not going to do anything for Gomez and his career.
Respect to Gomez, best of luck to him against the Puerto Rican Muderer.

JESUS PLEASE BE WE GOMEZ IN APRIL,REALLY COTTO VIA DEATH.Gomez's people are stupid for making this fight.Their is nothing he could do,this is going to end in a bad ko.This is when contender is bad for your career,this is the kinda fight I hate to see.This is going to be a straight beat down,I was totaly unaware of this fight.

Afraid so. I'm picking Cotto by TKO in round 6.

Sounds similar to Manfredo getting fed to Joe Calzaghe

Oh, and I've got Cotto

Cotto can be hurt and Cotto can drag in the late rounds. IF Gomez can potshot and stay away and get Cotto into the last third of the fight, he's got the potential to score. Personally, I think Cotto stops him, but everybody loves an underdog.

I don't think this fight is going to have a good ending.

Cotto can be hurt and Cotto can drag in the late rounds. IF Gomez can potshot and stay away and get Cotto into the last third of the fight, he's got the potential to score. Personally, I think Cotto stops him, but everybody loves an underdog.

Question is, will Gomez be able top withstand what Cotto's gonna feed him.
I have a feeling if Gomez makes it to the late rounds, he's going to be trying to survive.

+1. I love Cottos style, but I have always had the feeling that he can be hurt, and while Gomez is no slugger, he will push forward. Cotto will win, but he will be pushed along the way a couple of times.

On paper Cotto wins easily.......but, Alfonso has that rare intangible.....the ability to rise to the occasion. I think this fight is tougher for Cotto than most believe. Look for Alfonso to step up.......Just a gut feeling.

+1. I love Cottos style, but I have always had the feeling that he can be hurt, and while Gomez is no slugger, he will push forward. Cotto will win, but he will be pushed along the way a couple of times.

Theres no doubt it will be a fight, But I see this fight going along the lines of when Zab fought Cotto, hell definatly be in there early, but Cotto will beat the warrior spirit out of him and end it late.
Gomez is a gamer, but his willingess to trade punches makes me think he's gonna get hurt.

I think it may be somewhat competitive for a while but definitely with everyone else on Cotto winning via KO

I can agree to an extent about the opportunity and the dream. And I respect the hell out of Gomez, the man is going up against all odds because he believes in himself.
But lets not be fooled here, its is very likely he is going to be on the wrong end of a horrible beating. Sure he does have a chance to beat Cotto, a fight is a fight and anything can happen, anyone with the right fire can be Superman for one night. The problem is Cotto is an absolute MONSTER, and a vicious beatdown is not going to do anything for Gomez and his career.
Respect to Gomez, best of luck to him against the Puerto Rican Muderer.

No doubt it will be a rough beating but my point is I never thought a guy like Gomez would ever get an opportunity like this. I just thought he'd fight the Ben Tackies of the world for the remainder of his career and than maybe be a stepping stone for up and coming stars. So to get a shot at Cotto albeit a rough beating is more than most of his management team ever dreamed of. It will be an entertaining fight and he has no pressure on himself to succeed. If he looks respectable in this fight than he got a moral victory. HAHA.

I just think they made the right move in getting the big payday as opposed to taking on another title holder without the name recognition.

No doubt it will be a rough beating but my point is I never thought a guy like Gomez would ever get an opportunity like this. I just thought he'd fight the Ben Tackies of the world for the remainder of his career and than maybe be a stepping stone for up and coming stars. So to get a shot at Cotto albeit a rough beating is more than most of his management team ever dreamed of. It will be an entertaining fight and he has no pressure on himself to succeed. If he looks respectable in this fight than he got a moral victory. HAHA.

I just think they made the right move in getting the big payday as opposed to taking on another title holder without the name recognition.

A horrible mismatch, but I think their Gomez's management team made the right call. He gets a good payday, a chance to find a P4P best, and a ghost of a chance to win. Look what happened to Mora. He passed on an opportunity to fight Taylor, and now he's got nothing coming down the pipeline.

Theres no doubt it will be a fight, But I see this fight going along the lines of when Zab fought Cotto, hell definatly be in there early, but Cotto will beat the warrior spirit out of him and end it late.
Gomez is a gamer, but his willingess to trade punches makes me think he's gonna get hurt.
see gomez is not as slick as zab and imo he is more hitable and I feel gomez is a small 147 at that,I'm giving him no chance,this would be like bryd vs wlad or gatti vs mayweather

Everybody has cotto winning.

And no it's not bad for Gomez, hes a fighter who wants to fight the best. Gomez could have said no but hes a FIGHTER and fighters want to prove them selfs against the best there is.

Gomez is making alot of money for this fight and what if he does good? proves he can hang in there like maggilani. it can boost his carrer.

Back