Damn Dana have a little compassion and let Anderson Silva fight one more time

I do not remember him winning that fight. I remember it being rather even until Uriah knocked him out.

It was pretty even sparring match until Silva hit Hall with a clean punch to the face and made him realize it was a fight

UFC records:
-Longest win streak (16)
-longest title reign (2457 days)
-most title defenses finishes (8)
-most knockdowns in title fights (11)
-most knockdowns in UFC history (18)
-10 title defenses (should be #1 with 11)
-3 1st round LHW KOs

Forever the UFC GOAT
- most loses due to leg injury

Who would he even fight? We gotta look before we leap on these threads...

Ufc matchmakers suck fuck they giving Silva hall for last fight that dude still young smh

Didn't he have some insanely ridiculously long multi fight contract that the UFC signed with him back when he was in his prime that should have seen him fight until he was 45?

Demian Maia rematch or something. So fucked that as old as he is they've been consistently putting him against dangerous mfers but I'm sure that's the way he wants it. Like the Romero fight was supposed to happen, he fought Cannonier, Hall etc.. Strikers with a ton of power.

He looked really bad against Hall, and Hall was gunshy af in that fight. Anderson is possibly my favorite fighter ever but I don't necessarily want to see him fight anymore.

It looked like Hall was going to start crying, drop to his knees and apologize every time he landed a strike on Silva. It was painfully clear that Hall wasn't thrilled to fight Silva.

Anderson Silva’s last words were

“Thank you ufc I still want fight , I no retire please give one more chance . I love sport , please Dana “

literally begging for more fights in the ufc

if you watched his last fight vs Uriah hall he was absolutely winning all 3 rounds until he made the rookie mistake by not stepping into the jab in which made it easier for Uriah to counter .

Please save me he’s old chin not the same speech cause there’s plenty of fighters in the ufc that are around his age who have been knocked out repeatedly.

discuss
You've hardly posted over the last almost 10 years. But the last few days you have really be letting her lose. Not in a good way. Lol.

No. Old people should not fight. When you get old, you will understand.

As a huge AS fan the only fights he should get atm are against other retired fighters or getting there types. Telling everybody right now he should aim and get the RJJ fight even if its a exhibition

I felt the same as that a few losses ago, but seeing his fights and how he's not really fighting to finish or really doing much in his fights, I started leaning more to him fighting for the money. That many losses in a row and if he still had the mindset you are talking about, would've made changes to the way he fights and the way he prepares for his fights. I don't see any emotion from him in his losses, it doesn't affect him so he is going in there not really trying to win. His contract pay is still one of the highest on the roster and I'm sure that's the reason he still tries to fight.

It may be hard to accept reality like you said with a couple of losses and thinking you can turn it around, but with this many losses reality set in already. That's why I think it's for the money, he isn't getting that kind of money anywhere else. He has a gym already so if it's love for martial arts he would focus on that, he already achieved a lot in mma and doesn't need to fight. So if the need isn't there it's the want, and that want is the high pay on his contract to make his life easier.
I hear you but I really feel like he could ask Dana for money NOT to fight and possibly get it. At least if anyone could. I agree with you that he's not fighting to win or out of passion. I think he's just hanging on and "still being a fighter". I doubt he trains hard and he has no reason to. He def doesn't fight to regain his former glory and I'm sure he knows he can't. I think he just likes being one of the boys - one of the fighters.

I'm sure he wouldn't fight for free but I also doubt he's in such need of money so as to need to bust up his face, body, and legacy. Unless he's got loan sharks after him or something (anything's possible) I can't see money being that much a motivator to a man who's made so much money in his life. I'm thinking it's his self image as a fighter. Not as a champion but as a fighter.

I could be wrong and I guess we'll never know. If he really is out there hating getting busted up over and over but hurting for money so bad that he just damages himself for it that's an even sadder scene. At that point Dana should step in and give the man a job as his overpaid gardener or something. Train his kids for ludicrous pay or something. I'm really hoping it's not for bare need of cash.

I hear you but I really feel like he could ask Dana for money NOT to fight and possibly get it. At least if anyone could. I agree with you that he's not fighting to win or out of passion. I think he's just hanging on and "still being a fighter". I doubt he trains hard and he has no reason to. He def doesn't fight to regain his former glory and I'm sure he knows he can't. I think he just likes being one of the boys - one of the fighters.

I'm sure he wouldn't fight for free but I also doubt he's in such need of money so as to need to bust up his face, body, and legacy. Unless he's got loan sharks after him or something (anything's possible) I can't see money being that much a motivator to a man who's made so much money in his life. I'm thinking it's his self image as a fighter. Not as a champion but as a fighter.

I could be wrong and I guess we'll never know. If he really is out there hating getting busted up over and over but hurting for money so bad that he just damages himself for it that's an even sadder scene. At that point Dana should step in and give the man a job as his overpaid gardener or something. Train his kids for ludicrous pay or something. I'm really hoping it's not for bare need of cash.
I'm sure he's making money, but he's not making $770,000 in one night as quickly as he is by fighting. To me that is the real reason he is still fighting. He accepted it and it's easy to read with his body language in his fights and how he deals with his losses. To him it's an expected result. He should've invested more money into business so he doesn't have to keep fighting, he could've retired long ago and not add so many losses in the later part of his career.

I'm sure he's making money, but he's not making $770,000 in one night as quickly as he is by fighting. To me that is the real reason he is still fighting. He accepted it and it's easy to read with his body language in his fights and how he deals with his losses. To him it's an expected result. He should've invested more money into business so he doesn't have to keep fighting, he could've retired long ago and not add so many losses in the later part of his career.
I'm still not convinced it's for money, personally. One fight would give him enough to invest smartly. 2 fights enough to invest for life. So although I see he accepts that he has no hope of winning (or seemingly even any desire to), I still can't believe he's fighting for money more than self-image unless, like I said, he legit has loan sharks threatening his life or the life/safety of his family. If not for that, I'd expect that several fights ago he would have read the writing on the wall and started speaking with financial advisors and by now he'd have to have a few mill invested.

I'd think his wife sat him down and told him this after he broke his leg. At some point the "what about us?" convo had to come up a lot, years ago when he started losing. His friends, his family - they must have all had this convo with him a lot. I have to believe he's set for his future. I don't know but this is what I have to believe.

Again I don't know but I can't go to the lengths of saying "he should have invested" when I don't know he hasn't done so. If he hasn't then the man is a fool and I really hope that's not the case. It's one thing to make those mistakes when you're young, but at his age and with as many ppl around who look up to him I'd really think he'd have invested enough for retirement and to take care of his family.

I really think he's chasing stuff in his head and low on confidence since he knows it's all delusion. He seems to desperately want to fight anyone at all. I think it's just so he can go to sleep saying he's a fighter and not retired and old. I hope I'm right and you're wrong but I don't know. Again, if this guy has been making that kind of money since he broke his leg and is still looking for some money to invest the man is the definition of a fool and I don't want to believe that and I also have no reason to believe that yet.

That would be a young guy's mistake. Not a 40 year old's mistake. I also don't see him living any flashy lifestyle. I know he has a few nice houses, but I don't see him partying, buying drinks and drugs for the club or the entourage, buying new cars monthly, styling with cars and watches, etc. so I have to believe he still has some of all that money. Hopefully.

I'm still not convinced it's for money, personally. One fight would give him enough to invest smartly. 2 fights enough to invest for life. So although I see he accepts that he has no hope of winning (or seemingly even any desire to), I still can't believe he's fighting for money more than self-image unless, like I said, he legit has loan sharks threatening his life or the life/safety of his family. If not for that, I'd expect that several fights ago he would have read the writing on the wall and started speaking with financial advisors and by now he'd have to have a few mill invested.

I'd think his wife sat him down and told him this after he broke his leg. At some point the "what about us?" convo had to come up a lot, years ago when he started losing. His friends, his family - they must have all had this convo with him a lot. I have to believe he's set for his future. I don't know but this is what I have to believe.

Again I don't know but I can't go to the lengths of saying "he should have invested" when I don't know he hasn't done so. If he hasn't then the man is a fool and I really hope that's not the case. It's one thing to make those mistakes when you're young, but at his age and with as many ppl around who look up to him I'd really think he'd have invested enough for retirement and to take care of his family.

I really think he's chasing stuff in his head and low on confidence since he knows it's all delusion. He seems to desperately want to fight anyone at all. I think it's just so he can go to sleep saying he's a fighter and not retired and old. I hope I'm right and you're wrong but I don't know. Again, if this guy has been making that kind of money since he broke his leg and is still looking for some money to invest the man is the definition of a fool and I don't want to believe that and I also have no reason to believe that yet.

That would be a young guy's mistake. Not a 40 year old's mistake. I also don't see him living any flashy lifestyle. I know he has a few nice houses, but I don't see him partying, buying drinks and drugs for the club or the entourage, buying new cars monthly, styling with cars and watches, etc. so I have to believe he still has some of all that money. Hopefully.
Not everyone invests in business regardless of the amount of money they make. His gym also seems to be more of a private gym compared to an open gym so it probably isn't bringing him that much revenue. I don't know his situation but it definitely seems like it's for money. If the money wasn't needed he wouldn't be fighting, it isn't about personal glory because he had that already and had the belt and is considered one of the GOATS. His multiple losses are just tarnishing his legacy, if he didn't need to fight he most likely wouldn't be. That's why I think it's more of a money issue and not a pride issue. If it was a pride issue he wouldn't let himself get to the point of this many consecutive losses in a row.

Not everyone invests in business regardless of the amount of money they make. His gym also seems to be more of a private gym compared to an open gym so it probably isn't bringing him that much revenue. I don't know his situation but it definitely seems like it's for money. If the money wasn't needed he wouldn't be fighting, it isn't about personal glory because he had that already and had the belt and is considered one of the GOATS. His multiple losses are just tarnishing his legacy, if he didn't need to fight he most likely wouldn't be. That's why I think it's more of a money issue and not a pride issue. If it was a pride issue he wouldn't let himself get to the point of this many consecutive losses in a row.
I'm not as comfortable making those kinds of assumptions, personally. I hear you and it's a reasonable case you're laying out but I can't just assume "he hasn't invested", "it's a money thing", or "If he didn't need to fight then he most likely wouldn't be" - I don't know the man personally like that to know. I DO know that ppl do a shit ton of things that seem poorly thought out to me.

Whether he has failed to invest in anything that brings returns or else is chasing ghosts in his head out of a need to see himself a certain way, in either case he's being irrational. I'm not comfortable saying for sure which type of irrationality it is for sure. I can say I can RESPECT chasing ghosts more than just not having the sense to take care of your family's future, even as you're bringing home million dollar pay cheque after million dollar pay cheque, so I HOPE that's what we're dealing with. It seems more reasonable than the alternative.

But neither reason is a good one and he needs to stop no matter what. I just hope the man had the sense to put some money aside in something that will provide for his children. It would be a real shame if his wife and kids are left with bills after he's made 10s of millions of dollars, including many millions as a mature man who should know way better by now. I can only hope.

I'm not as comfortable making those kinds of assumptions, personally. I hear you and it's a reasonable case you're laying out but I can't just assume "he hasn't invested", "it's a money thing", or "If he didn't need to fight then he most likely wouldn't be" - I don't know the man personally like that to know. I DO know that ppl do a shit ton of things that seem poorly thought out to me.

Whether he has failed to invest in anything that brings returns or else is chasing ghosts in his head out of a need to see himself a certain way, in either case he's being irrational. I'm not comfortable saying for sure which type of irrationality it is for sure. I can say I can RESPECT chasing ghosts more than just not having the sense to take care of your family's future, even as you're bringing home million dollar pay cheque after million dollar pay cheque, so I HOPE that's what we're dealing with. It seems more reasonable than the alternative.

But neither reason is a good one and he needs to stop no matter what. I just hope the man had the sense to put some money aside in something that will provide for his children. It would be a real shame if his wife and kids are left with bills after he's made 10s of millions of dollars, including many millions as a mature man who should know way better by now. I can only hope.
Yes I agree, the money from his last fight spent and invested wisely can do a lot for him and most people. That is if he doesn't have a lot of debt already like you said before. He's had lots of paychecks that size and the only business venture I've heard attached to his name was his semi-private gym and his merchandise/clothing. He lives in expensive parts of LA so not sure if he owns the property of the gym or leases it but costs are very expensive in that area. Plus housing there if he bought property is also very very expensive. Very easy to blow a lot of money in that area, so to me that explains the need to fight for the high pay. Very high costs of living where he chooses to reside and do business.

Roy Jones yesterday said that Anderson Silva is 1 that he would most like to box next. If I was Anderson I'd go get that pay day.

Yes I agree, the money from his last fight spent and invested wisely can do a lot for him and most people. That is if he doesn't have a lot of debt already like you said before. He's had lots of paychecks that size and the only business venture I've heard attached to his name was his semi-private gym and his merchandise/clothing. He lives in expensive parts of LA so not sure if he owns the property of the gym or leases it but costs are very expensive in that area. Plus housing there if he bought property is also very very expensive. Very easy to blow a lot of money in that area, so to me that explains the need to fight for the high pay. Very high costs of living where he chooses to reside and do business.
I can only hope it's not this. Given his stubbornness it could be this. But if it is it's hard to even feel sorry for him as much as for his family. I hope it's not this.

Roy Jones yesterday said that Anderson Silva is 1 that he would most like to box next. If I was Anderson I'd go get that pay day.
Great way to add to the CTE but it would be a pay day bigger than his UFC cheques.

Back