Damn Dana have a little compassion and let Anderson Silva fight one more time

His retirement fight should've been 8 years ago or so. GOAT

Goof is right in this case!! Anderson is too high profile to be looking like an amateur (feeling like s*it just writing this) on the highlight reel! The best scenario for Anderson is to have a couple of legends fight in Rizin!

I hate how he is ruining his legacy and health for some cheap bucks.

Anderson Silva’s last words were

“Thank you ufc I still want fight , I no retire please give one more chance . I love sport , please Dana “

literally begging for more fights in the ufc

if you watched his last fight vs Uriah hall he was absolutely winning all 3 rounds until he made the rookie mistake by not stepping into the jab in which made it easier for Uriah to counter .

Please save me he’s old chin not the same speech cause there’s plenty of fighters in the ufc that are around his age who have been knocked out repeatedly.

discuss
I do not remember him winning that fight. I remember it being rather even until Uriah knocked him out.

Anderson Silva’s last words were

“Thank you ufc I still want fight , I no retire please give one more chance . I love sport , please Dana “

literally begging for more fights in the ufc

if you watched his last fight vs Uriah hall he was absolutely winning all 3 rounds until he made the rookie mistake by not stepping into the jab in which made it easier for Uriah to counter .

Please save me he’s old chin not the same speech cause there’s plenty of fighters in the ufc that are around his age who have been knocked out repeatedly.

discuss
As much of a fan as I am of Silva I just don't want to see the guy chasing delusional fantasies of beating guys he can't beat, only to get brutalized by what used to be lesser fighters. I think of his family and his brain cells and say get him counseling or whatever he needs to accept his age and current ability and opportunities outside of fighting, but don't put young guys in there to beat up on him anymore please.

As much of a fan as I am of Silva I just don't want to see the guy chasing delusional fantasies of beating guys he can't beat, only to get brutalized by what used to be lesser fighters. I think of his family and his brain cells and say get him counseling or whatever he needs to accept his age and current ability and opportunities outside of fighting, but don't put young guys in there to beat up on him anymore please.
Same here, he doesn't seem like he's really trying anymore and just fighting for a paycheck.

If the matt brown fight doesn't work out for Hardy I would like to see Anderson kick his ass.

It would be tough to find an opponent for him.

Same here, he doesn't seem like he's really trying anymore and just fighting for a paycheck.
I think he's got money tbh. "Anderson Silva money" was a thing for many, many years before the Conor tier of pay came in. I'm pretty sure he's just hanging on to the dream and self definition he's always known - "I am a UFC fighter".

I get that after being a champion like him the "rest" of life doesn't offer the most glorious enticements, but nobody defeats reality and that's who he's fighting right now. A champion like him has to be a little delusional to believe what they have to believe to do the impossible like he did. It's when you can no longer do the impossible but still have the impossible beliefs that his backfires on you.

Ppl should be helping him to transition and adjust. He's almost like a soldier transitioning to civilian life (hopefully without the PTSD but you never know) - he needs support, perspective, and understanding. Not more fights.

UFC records:
-Longest win streak (16)
-longest title reign (2457 days)
-most title defenses finishes (8)
-most knockdowns in title fights (11)
-most knockdowns in UFC history (18)
-10 title defenses (should be #1 with 11)
-3 1st round LHW KOs

Forever the UFC GOAT
Don't forget most broken legs in a title fight

At his age every single day is a continuous decline. His skillset no longer improves or even holds steady. He simply gets worse. He should retire and find a new mission.

He could fight Shogun as a final fight in both of their careers

No, what’s wrong with you?
The guy is too old to compete with the current generation of fighters. And no he wasn’t winning that fight...

Please just let Anderson ride off into the sunset and if he wants to fight give him someone his age in a old guys legacy fight. Keep him away from real top competition please.

I think he's got money tbh. "Anderson Silva money" was a thing for many, many years before the Conor tier of pay came in. I'm pretty sure he's just hanging on to the dream and self definition he's always known - "I am a UFC fighter".

I get that after being a champion like him the "rest" of life doesn't offer the most glorious enticements, but nobody defeats reality and that's who he's fighting right now. A champion like him has to be a little delusional to believe what they have to believe to do the impossible like he did. It's when you can no longer do the impossible but still have the impossible beliefs that his backfires on you.

Ppl should be helping him to transition and adjust. He's almost like a soldier transitioning to civilian life (hopefully without the PTSD but you never know) - he needs support, perspective, and understanding. Not more fights.
I felt the same as that a few losses ago, but seeing his fights and how he's not really fighting to finish or really doing much in his fights, I started leaning more to him fighting for the money. That many losses in a row and if he still had the mindset you are talking about, would've made changes to the way he fights and the way he prepares for his fights. I don't see any emotion from him in his losses, it doesn't affect him so he is going in there not really trying to win. His contract pay is still one of the highest on the roster and I'm sure that's the reason he still tries to fight.

It may be hard to accept reality like you said with a couple of losses and thinking you can turn it around, but with this many losses reality set in already. That's why I think it's for the money, he isn't getting that kind of money anywhere else. He has a gym already so if it's love for martial arts he would focus on that, he already achieved a lot in mma and doesn't need to fight. So if the need isn't there it's the want, and that want is the high pay on his contract to make his life easier.

Last edited:
Silva could rematch Maia or something, I'm sure if they both wanted it there is a safe way to continue.

The fighters will always want one more. Hell Chuck Liddell STILL wants one more.

Tough love is also compassion. TS reminds me of that dad who was on DR phil yesterday who enabled his son with money all the damn time. Out of compassion.

Anderson Silva vs Chuck Liddell, book it!

I’m confused TS. Are you trying to tell us that Anderson is the same as he was 10 years ago? Like you don’t believe that aging happens?

Silva should have retired at the same time as GSP. In 2013 after his losses to Weidman.

These days he barely gets mentionned in the GOAT talks and a lot of it probably has to do with his losses in recent years.
Failing a PED test sure didn't help.

Back