Damn, check out this list of IBHOF candidates

I believe they've brought the requisite amount of time from a fighters last fight to be eligible for the HOF from 5 years down to 3 years. They want to avoid lackluster years for inductees, like when Chris Byrd was the biggest name of the class a few years ago. @Seano's list of names are all headliners but they won't put them all in at the same time. Usually they'll induct 5 fighters, with 3 being the main headliners and the other 2 are older, but with solid resumes.

Canastota, NY doesn't have much else going on except that HOF every year so that is a big part of the city's economy. They depend on high turnout.

Sot Chitalada and Yuri Arbachakov both had very exciting careers. I’m glad to see them get in. Arbachakov first Russian champion. He wasted no time with the collapse of the Soviet Union lol. And Check this out:

And as far as Happy Lora goes, I’m surprised it took this long for him to get in. Defensively, he’s right up there with Pernell Whitaker, Floyd Mayweather, James Toney, etc..

Will Arbachakov, Chitalada, and Lora all be there? Can fans attend? This would be one hell of an opportunity to meet these guys. I kinda wanna go lol

Froch and Sergio are long time faves of mine, so this is pretty exemplary. The way they each threw their "2" just did it for me, personally

Took me a long time to be a fan of froch, mostly cus I was a calzaghe fan. How can you not like him though. The Bute fight was the turning point for me. He just didn't give a fck what Bute had, he took it and threw his own. Mind you he had the chin to be able to do that. Still can't get my head around how he got up from that Groves straight right
Neither of those guys have been in a boring fight (Froch and Martinez). That is rare

Last edited:
Took me a long time to be a fan of froch, mostly cus I was a calzaghe fan. How can you not like him though. The Bute fight was the turning point for me. He just didn't give a fck what Bute had, he took it and threw his own. Mind you he had the chin to be able to do that. Still can't get my head around how he got up from that Groves straight right
Neither of those guys have been in a boring fight. That is rare
The Sherrif of Nottingham is my fucking guy, even if he is a flat rather lol

stacked as fuck

gun to my head for five votes:
JMM, Mosley, B-Hops, Bradley, Chitalada

I only see 3 slam dunks: Bernard Hopkins, Sergio Martinez, Juan Manuel Marquez

The rest can wait. Yes, including Mosley.
lol at Sergio over Mosley. How controversial.

He got creamed by the elites

Prime Jose Luis Castillo spanks that ass too
no way, JLC was a great pressure fighter but peak Hatton eats him up and spits him out. Too strong, too well conditioned, with a power advantage.

stacked as fuck

gun to my head for five votes:
JMM, Mosley, B-Hops, Bradley, Chitalada
I'm a little surprised at how small support is for Hatton. I thought he seemed like a shoe in years back. Popular, undisputed, titles at multiple weights....

I think Hatton deserves to be in there.
I'd be down to see him. Voters are allowed are five votes and anybody getting over 80% makes it in on top of the top 3. so I could see him sneaking in there, though there likely won't be much consensus outside of JMM/Mosley/B-Hops.

I'm a little surprised at how small support is for Hatton. I thought he seemed like a shoe in years back. Popular, undisputed, titles at multiple weights....
Looool just responded to you on that

Anyhow, I could easily put him in there in exchange for Chitalada or Bradley. The top three (JMM, Mosley, B-Hops) are all surefire but Hatton (who is one of my all time faves) has as good a case as a lot of the other guys.

Sot Chitalada and Yuri Arbachakov both had very exciting careers. I’m glad to see them get in. Arbachakov first Russian champion. He wasted no time with the collapse of the Soviet Union lol. And Check this out:

And as far as Happy Lora goes, I’m surprised it took this long for him to get in. Defensively, he’s right up there with Pernell Whitaker, Floyd Mayweather, James Toney, etc..

Will Arbachakov, Chitalada, and Lora all be there? Can fans attend? This would be one hell of an opportunity to meet these guys. I kinda wanna go lol

fun fact: I'm the guy who requested this video

Can mods add a poll with 5 votes so we can induct our own sherdog HOF? Waaaaay more important what the sherdaaawg community thinks than Canastota.

Looool just responded to you on that

Anyhow, I could easily put him in there in exchange for Chitalada or Bradley. The top three (JMM, Mosley, B-Hops) are all surefire but Hatton (who is one of my all time faves) has as good a case as a lot of the other guys.
I don't think Bradley gets in.

Can mods add a poll with 5 votes so we can induct our own sherdog HOF? Waaaaay more important what the sherdaaawg community thinks than Canastota.
I can do it. I'll get on it later, thats a lot of names.

Mosley got routed by Vernon Forrest twice. If Vernon isn't in, neither should Shane.

Mosley got routed by Vernon Forrest twice. If Vernon isn't in, neither should Shane.
thats how you break down Shane's career, eh? His run at LW, meaningless? His wars with Oscar, Vargas and Margarito carry no weight? All those titles he won but you reduce his career to two fights with Forrest?

Honestly, what other remarkable wins does Forrest have? Had to avenge a loss to Mora later on, and Mayorga took his soul. Mayorga is someone Mosley KOd. I don't think Forrest could beat DLH twice, but Shane sure did. Hell, if Marg had been in there, he probably would have retired Forrest if Mayorga was so successful.

Mosley's style played right into Vern's hands, a great high point for the Viper, but let's be honest he never rose to such heights again. Mosley had multiple resurgences as a top name, and did soooooo much more with his career, many MANY more quality fights and wins.

Honestly, what other remarkable wins does Forrest have? Had to avenge a loss to Mora later on, and Mayorga took his soul. Mayorga is someone Mosley KOd. I don't think Forrest could beat DLH twice, but Shane sure did. Hell, if Marg had been in there, he probably would have retired Forrest if Mayorga was so successful.

Mosley's style played right into Vern's hands, a great high point for the Viper, but let's be honest he never rose to such heights again. Mosley had multiple resurgences as a top name, and did soooooo much more with his career, many MANY more quality fights and wins.

Ok but he demolished Shane. Those fights weren't even remotely competitive in any way shape or form.

He was very clearly the better fighter. If they fought 10 times, I don't think Shane wins a single fight.

Vernon had mental lapses, ie. Losing to inferior fighters like Mayorga and Mora. But on his best night, no one in that division could beat him.

I view Shane the same way I view Shawn Porter: A major player in the division, could give anyone a run for their money, but could never be considered the best in his weight class. I think that matters when it comes to HOF. Mosley looked a lot different when he went from LW to WW.

Ok but he demolished Shane. Those fights weren't even remotely competitive in any way shape or form.

He was very clearly the better fighter. If they fought 10 times, I don't think Shane wins a single fight.

Vernon had mental lapses, ie. Losing to inferior fighters like Mayorga and Mora. But on his best night, no one in that division could beat him.

I view Shane the same way I view Shawn Porter: A major player in the division, could give anyone a run for their money, but could never be considered the best in his weight class. I think that matters when it comes to HOF. Mosley looked a lot different when he went from LW to WW.
So how far do you follow this? Is Oscar hallworthy since he lost to Shane?

I don't think its ever worked the way you are saying. Losing doesn't keep you out of the hall.

Back