Damn, check out this list of IBHOF candidates

I think Hatton deserves to be in there.

I think Hatton deserves to be in there.
He got creamed by the elites

Prime Jose Luis Castillo spanks that ass too

He got creamed by the elites

Prime Jose Luis Castillo spanks that ass too
He beat Tszyu and still ranks as one of the best at 140 in history. Not to mention that he was basically the face of british boxing for about a decade.

He beat Tszyu and still ranks as one of the best at 140 in history. Not to mention that he was basically the face of british boxing for about a decade.
by resume he probably shouldn't be in

But based on everything else he will get in. This year though?

How many are even allowed in at a time? because i see at least 5 guys ahead of him and that is being generous

So how big is the class each year? I think it's 5 like most other HOF's, but I'm starting to wonder. Regardless, there are a good 4 guys on there that really stand out from the crowd.

That list has real depth.

Bhop, JMM, Mosley and Eubank ought to be givens. After that it gets murky really quickly.

by resume he probably shouldn't be in

But based on everything else he will get in. This year though?
I've always argued that its the Hall of FAME not the Hall of the Guys with the Best Resume. There's tons of guys in there with mediocre resumes. I mean, why would Vinnie Paz even be nominated? Or Gatti? Or Danny Lopez?

I've always argued that its the Hall of FAME not the Hall of the Guys with the Best Resume. There's tons of guys in there with mediocre resumes. I mean, why would Vinnie Paz even be nominated? Or Gatti? Or Danny Lopez?

Ahhhh dude. Danny Lopez is one of my favorite fighters EVER! As a matter of fact, here I am 10 years ago making a big deal about one of his rare fights surfacing and you were only 1 of 2 people to comment on it lol

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/wow-one-of-the-rarest-fights-ever-just-hit-youtube.1124423/

my dick got hard when I found that video lol

Ahhhh dude. Danny Lopez is one of my favorite fighters EVER! As a matter of fact, here I am 10 years ago making a big deal about one of his rare fights surfacing and you were only 1 of 2 people to comment on it lol

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/wow-one-of-the-rarest-fights-ever-just-hit-youtube.1124423/

my dick got hard when I found that video lol
I love Lopez too. And Gatti. Hated Paz though.

That said, someone said that Hatton lost to the elites so shouldn't be in there. So did Lopez.

I love Lopez too. And Gatti. Hated Paz though.

That said, someone said that Hatton lost to the elites so shouldn't be in there. So did Lopez.

I think Danny Lopez has a pretty good win resume. More impressive than Hatton, Gatti, and Paz for sure! I wouldn’t put his win resume down there with them. Definitely not an all time great win resume though. I’d like to give a wild ball park guess and say Danny Lopez’s win resume is more impressive than about maybe half of the other fighters in the HOF? I’d put it somewhere like there in the middle

I think Danny Lopez has a pretty good win resume. More impressive than Hatton, Gatti, and Paz for sure! I wouldn’t put his win resume down there with them. Definitely not an all time great win resume though. I’d like to give a wild ball park guess and say Danny Lopez’s win resume is more impressive than about maybe half of the other fighters in the HOF? I’d put it somewhere like there in the middle
And I sort of think Gatti has an underrated resume.

Who did Lopez really beat? Olivares? Thats better than Tszyu? Don't get me wrong, I like Lopez too and think he deserves that HOF spot, but why is he there? Because Sanchez wrecked him? Nah, because he was exciting with a cult following.

I disagree. IMO The HOF should be reserved for the best fighters.

But this is really a debate for what a HOF is. There are a lot of different views on it. My is pretty harsh.

Your not in my hall unless you have a good resume. Simple as that. Only the best of the best.

Hatton is on the cusp, but if I am being brutally honest his two best scalps were both past their primes.

Gatti being in there is ridiculous to me. Same with Lopez for the reason you pointed out below.

but its all just what you believe when it comes to the hall

I disagree. IMO The HOF should be reserved for the best fighters.

But this is really a debate for what a HOF is. There are a lot of different views on it. My is pretty harsh.

Your not in my hall unless you have a good resume. Simple as that. Only the best of the best.

Hatton is on the cusp, but if I am being brutally honest his two best scalps were both past their primes.

Gatti being in there is ridiculous to me. Same with Lopez for the reason you pointed out below.

but its all just what you believe when it comes to the hall
Disagree, you'd have to go back and remove all sorts of guys from the hall based on that standard.

Disagree, you'd have to go back and remove all sorts of guys from the hall based on that standard.
in the boxing hof sure.

but a HOF should be closer to the football or baseball HOF rather than the basketball hof.

Gatti as a figher was exciting and good for the sport but his best win is literally Gabriel Ruelas. And no i am not exaggerating or joking. There is a hall of fame fighter who's best win is Gabriel Ruelas.

Not what a hall of fame is supposed to be imo. And not really even trying to pick on Gatti. There are a lot of guys who shouldn't be in there.

And I sort of think Gatti has an underrated resume.

Who did Lopez really beat? Olivares? Thats better than Tszyu? Don't get me wrong, I like Lopez too and think he deserves that HOF spot, but why is he there? Because Sanchez wrecked him? Nah, because he was exciting with a cult following.

I think David Kotey was an impressive win. ESPECIALLY being able to stop him. The first guy to. But yes Ruben Olivares probably is his most impressive win. The Sean O’Grady win was nice as well. Having ring magazine fight of the year on your resume always helps as well

Really what made me fall in love with Danny Lopez was the fact that he came up fighting in the Olympic Auditorium in the 1970’s. One of the most insane eras and times in boxing. Olympic Auditorium in the 1960’s and 1970’s was just war after war after war. I remember I used to specifically collect dvds of broadcasts from that era. Maybe I’m just a little bias because it’s one of my favorite eras. I don’t think there was a better fight in the history of boxing than Sugar Ramos vs. Mando Ramos. I just love that whole era soooooo much lol

I only see 3 slam dunks: Bernard Hopkins, Sergio Martinez, Juan Manuel Marquez

The rest can wait. Yes, including Mosley.

Arce vs Hussein 1 alone makes him a candidate.

he also beat Wilfredo Vasques Jr. Before it became fashionable to do so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back