dam Ken Shamrock was insanely boring

That´s what I thought...
I am not gonna go back and forth with you and argue on the internet about your idol who is a fake.

I use my eyes, see what I see and judge. You can do other way. Crocop is rememberd, Igor Vovchanchin is, Fedor is, Rendleman is-nobody knows or gives a shit about Ken Shamrock if you ask people.

Ken Shamrock vs Don Frye was one of the greatest fights of all time. His fights in pride and pancrase were great. After WWF he started taking dives

I used to use him when I played Atari...! Up / Down, was his secret code. He was Uber advanced for his time. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.

Hopefully one day you can enlighten me with your fight acumen. Not tonight tho just talking about Ken Shamrock makes me sleepy

I don't have to, just stating a fact, you find it boring because you don't understand what is going on. Simple as that.

I used to use him when I played Atari...! Up / Down, was his secret code. He was Uber advanced for his time. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.

Oh yes, Keweyen Shoooyhamhock is the teeerute!

Good day,

Well he was really great when he was yelling at Tito. Unfortunately he had to actually fight him. And that did not go so well.

Never said guys didn’t cross train...

In fact, I’ve commented many times on threads about how fighters from “X era” could never beat fighters from modern day mma... opposing these statements...

But... To think the sport hasn’t evolved or that fighters on the whole aren’t better now.. doesn’t add up for me...

Would you put Ken up against... Timothy Johnson?

Jerry Bohlander against... Jimi Manuwa?

Could they beat them? Sure... would you bet on them doing so??

And not sure about you... But again, on the whole.. would you rather watch mma from the last 10 years or so? Or from 1995?

Never said guys didn’t cross train...

In fact, I’ve commented many times on threads about how fighters from “X era” could never beat fighters from modern day mma... opposing these statements...

But... To think the sport hasn’t evolved or that fighters on the whole aren’t better now.. doesn’t add up for me...

Would you put Ken up against... Timothy Johnson?

Jerry Bohlander against... Jimi Manuwa?

Could they beat them? Sure... would you bet on them doing so??

And not sure about you... But again, on the whole.. would you rather watch mma from the last 10 years or so? Or from 1995?
It´s a complex thing... The thread I dropped about the 1990s, was about showin´ that the 1990s era was not THAT one-dimensional, and Im slowly collectin´ fights and gifs to show some technical sequences.

I suggest ya watch the Lumax Cup, JJJ Tournament [Japanese scene], 1994-95-96...the IAFC Tournaments too, Russian NHB scene...
pretty interestin´ and you´ll have some surprises...

Ken Shamrock brought it!!! before it was even brought!
BreakableScornfulGermanspaniel-small.gif

While the UFC was being banned, outright frowned upon and bashed in most states in its very early days, starting at UFC 1 forward. It was Ken Shamrock doing most of the TV and radio shows to promote it, more so than any other fighter, owner or promoter. Its a shame most people dont know this or give him credit for it.

It´s a complex thing... The thread I dropped about the 1990s, was about showin´ that the 1990s era was not THAT one-dimensional, and Im slowly collectin´ fights and gifs to show some technical sequences.

I suggest ya watch the Lumax Cup, JJJ Tournament [Japanese scene], 1994-95-96...the IAFC Tournaments too, Russian NHB scene...
pretty interestin´ and you´ll have some surprises...

I agree... It’s a nuanced discussion. Numerous factors at play..

And again, I’m not some steadfast “era-ist”...

I’ll check it out - Thanks for the info/insight...

Also... And not to be lame or overdramatic... But I appreciate the back and forth dialogue/convo, without shit talking and trying to belittle someone...

Because you don't understand what is going on.

i get what you're saying, but maybe grappling isn't his cup of tea?

i know what goes on in grappling, but it's not like i find it very exciting either.

it's just the nature of grappling, there's way less sudden explosive moves, and much more controlling and positioning that goes on, which isn't exactly exciting stuff.

Some of you young bozos have it good. Those of us that took up martial arts in the 80’s and 90’s loved anything that had to deal with martial arts. From movies to watching ISKA on ESPN 2. When the ufc came around, it was something unique and special and those early fights and fighters will always bring back fond memories because it was a rarity seeing martial arts on the television.

Back