Media Dalton Rosta calls Anthony Smith an idiot

I would bet the house on Rosta beating Smith even at LHW.

Legitimately was going to post this before I saw that you did. Rosta is an elite level athlete, dudes got far quicker hands than Smith and is the superior wrestler/grappler. Dude outdid Brundage and Romero Cotton in the wrestling department and he's only 26 still learning on the job, not enough hype behind him yet.

Legitimately was going to post this before I saw that you did. Rosta is an elite level athlete, dudes got far quicker hands than Smith and is the superior wrestler/grappler. Dude outdid Brundage and Romero Cotton in the wrestling department and he's only 26 still learning on the job, not enough hype behind him yet.

I really like Rosta but the bottom line is that if his coaches thought he was as good as you guys think he is already (not saying he won't get that good) then he would have fought some proper guys by now.

Reality is Smith is absolutely levels above anyone he's ever fought.

I really like Rosta but the bottom line is that if his coaches thought he was as good as you guys think he is already (not saying he won't get that good) then he would have fought some proper guys by now.

Reality is Smith is absolutely levels above anyone he's ever fought.

No ones arguing Smith is levels about anyone Rosta ever fought. I still think Rosta would beat him and that Smith is very, very overrated and 205lbs has devolved badly over the years in terms of skill and talent. Beyond that what? I think for a 6-0 fighter to fight Romero Cotton would imply his team is very confident in him, Cotton was an undefeated blue chip prospect with a D2 national title. Rosta was fighting guys with 9-2 records when he was 4-0...that's a confident team.

We'll see how Rostas career plays out, I'm just glad to see him getting a 3rd fight in within 2022. I suspect 2023 he will be facing a steady diet of far more proven fighters in Bellator and hopefully he Segways to the UFC, God knows their MW division needs talent.

No ones arguing Smith is levels about anyone Rosta ever fought. I still think Rosta would beat him and that Smith is very, very overrated and 205lbs has devolved badly over the years in terms of skill and talent. Beyond that what? I think for a 6-0 fighter to fight Romero Cotton would imply his team is very confident in him, Cotton was an undefeated blue chip prospect with a D2 national title. Rosta was fighting guys with 9-2 records when he was 4-0...that's a confident team.

We'll see how Rostas career plays out, I'm just glad to see him getting a 3rd fight in within 2022. I suspect 2023 he will be facing a steady diet of far more proven fighters in Bellator and hopefully he Segways to the UFC, God knows their MW division needs talent.

Cotton was a complete can crusher though, that dude had built a career out of avoiding everyone.

Smith is one of the most underrated fighters on here I think, everyone seems to think he sucks.

Adams is a slight step up. Still not a top 100 guy, but a step in the right direction, so hopefully Dalton wins pretty comfortably and then they can look at putting him in with a real test like Aaron Jeffery or Van Steenis.

I reckon Smith was wearing his stupid suit he always wears, when he said that.

Rosta is not going to the UFC, same as Usman...they said already they are staying in Bellator for a very very long time

Not sure what's the weird obsession on this forum for their talent moving to the UFC. They should have scouted them first, no?

When was the last time they let any of their top guys go? Chandler? The dude was past prime and got murked by their FW champ in 1 minute, there was no point in keeping him there anymore

Rosta is not going to the UFC, same as Usman...they said already they are staying in Bellator for a very very long time

Not sure what's the weird obsession on this forum for their talent moving to the UFC. They should have scouted them first, no?

When was the last time they let any of their top guys go? Chandler? The dude was past prime and got murked by their FW champ in 1 minute, there was no point in keeping him there anymore

If someone leaves to go to the UFC it won't be the end of the world dude.

In terms of Nemkov it's just because there's nobody else to fight in Bellator really.

If someone leaves to go to the UFC it won't be the end of the world dude.

In terms of Nemkov it's just because there's nobody else to fight in Bellator really.
A Bellator guy leaving and having success in the UFC would actually do well for the promotion, since the other examples, your Will Brooks and Hector Lombards kinda disappointed. In terms of Lombard, it was more USADA first appearing in MMA and he couldn't juice to the gills

A Bellator guy leaving and having success in the UFC would actually do well for the promotion, since the other examples, your Will Brooks and Hector Lombards kinda disappointed. In terms of Lombard, it was more USADA first appearing in MMA and he couldn't juice to the gills

Yeah, in the case of Chandler they actually reference him as being from Bellator.

I certainly think for guys who have run their course in Bellator (Thinking Patricio and Nemkov especially) it'd potentially be better for everyone.

Using rhe Premier League example is not the best, given that the Premier League teams ARE the best in the world, or at least the Premier League is by far the most competitive, but I get what you are trying to say.
No, no and no.

They have the most money which is why it’s the biggest league, but it’s not the best which is why the UFC comparison makes sense.

And there’s a ton more leagues with much more competition around the world where there’s actually different league champions per season regularly, but it doesn’t have the money the PL does so they don’t receive as much coverage.

No, no and no.

They have the most money which is why it’s the biggest league, but it’s not the best which is why the UFC comparison makes sense.

And there’s a ton more leagues with much more competition around the world where there’s actually different league champions per season regularly, but it doesn’t have the money the PL does so they don’t receive as much coverage.

Player for player it's the best tbf.

No, no and no.

The PL has by far the most high level teams than any other leagues. Just because they do not win the champions league as often doesnt mean their teams arent good.

Having different teams winning every season doesnt mean the level of competition is necessarily good, or that the level is high, or the games entertaining. Those other leagues might be competitive and unpredictable but the level is nowhere near the PL.

The PL has by far the most high level teams than any other leagues. Just because they do not win the champions league as often doesnt mean their teams arent good.

Having different teams winning every season doesnt mean the level of competition is necessarily good, or that the level is high, or the games entertaining. Those other leagues might be competitive and unpredictable but the level is nowhere near the PL.
I never said anything along that line. Go read my post again.

I never said any of that. Go read my post again.

It's the best league in the sense that it has the greatest number of top class players. But there are some teams outside the PL who can compete with top PL teams. Which is where the comparison probably makes sense.

There are a few fighters that can compete with the top UFC ones in various divisions, but they're spread between Bellator, PFL, ACA, ONE, KSW, FNG and RCC. Much like soccer teams that can compete with the top PL teams are spread over Spain, Italy, Germany and France.

It's the best league in the sense that it has the greatest number of top class players. But there are some teams outside the PL who can compete with top PL teams. Which is where the comparison probably makes sense.

There are a few fighters that can compete with the top UFC ones in various divisions, but they're spread between Bellator, PFL, ACA, ONE, KSW, FNG and RCC. Much like soccer teams that can compete with the top PL teams are spread over Spain, Italy, Germany and France.
This I agree with and is also why @GueseGuy’s comparison is spot on.

I think the difference is that there is a regular competition where the teams from across the continent play each other, ala Champions, Europe, Conference Leagues. In MMA, every promotion is basically a black box with barely any cross promotion.

I think the difference is that there is a regular competition where the teams from across the continent play each other, ala Champions, Europe, Conference Leagues. In MMA, every promotion is basically a black box with barely any cross promotion.

Agreed, but fighters can't fight often enough to make something like that work really, so we've got what we've got.

The fact that Anthony smith is a “top 10 lhw” in the “premiere” mma organization tells you how poor UFC LHW is. People actually think they’re watching the undoubted best when they watch UFC. It’s hilarious to me. It’s like watching the premier league and saying “this team is the best” when there’s dozens of great clubs/leagues around the world. Clueless ppl really. Let’s just crown them the best with no champions league style tournament set up. They’re the best cause they said so. No meritocratic system in place.
I like Smith both as a competitor and as a media figure but yeah his ranking shows what a sad state the UFC LHW division is in.

Maybe, I tend to think if you can beat Smith you're pretty top tier though. In the last 4 years the dude has only lost to Jones, Glover, Rakic and Ankalaev. Is Rosta on the same tier as those guys? I'm not sure.
I mean, you dont necessarily need to be on the level of thise guys to beat Anthony Smith. There is a large skillset gap between Jones, Glover, Rakic, Ankalaev and Spann, Gustafsson, and Clark. You do need to have a certain skills to force Smith to rely on his heart and grind out a W. And I feel like Rosta has those specific skillset to either take him down or force him to stand and trade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back