Crime Dallas Officer Kills Man in Apartment "She Thought Was Hers"

When it happened to me, my friend buzzed me in and I went to the wrong floor and knocked on the door. As soon as I knocked I looked at the number and realized my mistake. I'll admit that actually entering the unit is the mystery. Maybe her key didn't fit and she just tried the handle and it opened and she was instantly face-to-face with some dude. Maybe she doesn't lock the door and his door was open. Maybe she murdered him, there's that too, it's just such a fantastical story that doesn't get her off the hook, it doesn't add up.

Thought I read she banged on the door (after key and keypad failed) and he opened up.

When it happened to me, my friend buzzed me in and I went to the wrong floor and knocked on the door. As soon as I knocked I looked at the number and realized my mistake. I'll admit that actually entering the unit is the mystery. Maybe her key didn't fit and she just tried the handle and it opened and she was instantly face-to-face with some dude. Maybe she doesn't lock the door and his door was open. Maybe she murdered him, there's that too, it's just such a fantastical story that doesn't get her off the hook, it doesn't add up.

Your example is with your friend's place.

This woman was trying to get into her OWN place while, according to witnesses shouting, "Police, open up!"

But would a civilian who had done the exact same thing get arrested on the spot? What about a civilian who accidentally walked into a cop's apartment and killed him/her ; would they get arrested or receive worse treatment.
If cherry cordial had no chocolate chips it would just be cherry
Are we just posting whaveter we want

I only read the OP, where is this info from?

It popped up later in the thread. A yahoo article. The officer has been charged with manslaughter and witnesses heard police shouting and a bunch of noise before the shooting.

Her story is that she tried her key and keypad and neither worked and the guy opened the door and she shot him.

It popped up later in the thread. A yahoo article. The officer has been charged with manslaughter and witnesses heard police shouting and a bunch of noise before the shooting.

Her story is that she tried her key and keypad and neither worked and the guy opened the door and she shot him.

Do we know if the apartment she tried to enter was immediately above or below hers? I understand it was on a different floor...

Kill first. Ask questions later?

I don't think we do yet.

Here's the article: www.yahoo.com/news/police-dallas-officer-mistakes-apartment-own-kills-man-124348747.html

Upon rereading it, there's no mention of her side of the story about trying to open the door, so that may have been speculation by another poster.

If I had to choose, I think she genuinely entered the wrong apartment and shot the owner. I can't get past the idea that someone would murder a dude, and then invent a story where you're still facing manslaughter charges.

Knowing whether the apartment is directly above or below her own will help solidify things.

I see what you're saying, but if she gets off with manslaughter, then that means anyone who ever kills their neighbor ever again should just say they thought it was their house. Her facts don't make a lick of sense. How did she get into the house? If the door was open, how did she not realize that the decorations and pictures were not hers?
I walked into my downstairs neighbor's apartment by accident and it took a second to realize what happened when I noticed the walls were a different color and the furniture was different. It's conceivable if the lights were off it would have taken longer to realize it. Also if she came home to find her door ajar she probably went in on high alert expecting a burglar.

Last edited:
If I had to choose, I think she genuinely entered the wrong apartment and shot the owner. I can't get past the idea that someone would murder a dude, and then invent a story where you're still facing manslaughter charges.

Knowing whether the apartment is directly above or below her own will help solidify things.

How would she have gotten into the apartment?

I have no problem assuming that's she's an idiot and that she killed him and, being an idiot, thought up an idiotic cover story.

How would she have gotten into the apartment?

I have no problem assuming that's she's an idiot and that she killed him and, being an idiot, thought up an idiotic cover story.

By the sounds of it, the dude opened it and she shot him.

By the sounds of it, the dude opened it and she shot him.

How does this account for the witness testimony? Who was she asking to "Open up!" if she thought she was at her own apartment? If she expected someone to open the door, why did she blast the person before she could identify him?

I don't find the story unbelievable, given how trigger happy American cops seem to be.

I walked into my downstairs neighbor's apartment by accident and it took a second to realize what happened when I noticed the walls were a different color and the furniture was different. It's conceivable if the lights were off it would have taken longer to realize it. Also if she came home to find her door ajar she probably went in on highal alert expecting a burglar.

Witnesses said they heard her banging on the door and shouting.

How does this account for the witness testimony? Who was she asking to "Open up!" if she thought she was at her own apartment? If she expected someone to open the door, why did she blast the person before she could identify him?

It's conceivable that she thought someone was in her apartment and wouldn't let her in. That would account for the banging and yelling. Dude finally opens and she unloads.

Residents of the apartment complex said they can access their units with a key or through a keypad code.

Two women who live on the second floor near where the shooting happened said they heard a lot of noise late Thursday.

“It was, like, police talk: ‘Open up! Open up!’” 20-year-old Caitlin Simpson told The Dallas Morning News.

Yazmine Hernandez, 20, was studying with Simpson when they heard the commotion.

“We heard cops yelling, but otherwise had no idea what was going on,” Hernandez said.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/...led-neighbor-to-be-charged-with-manslaughter/

^ This makes more sense to you? That the most likely scenario is that someone who killed someone in their own house, who had no way to access the house, who yelled "open up police", got inside the house, and accidentally killed them in their own house because they thought it was their own?

It makes more sense to me than a cop shooting her lover in the face in his own apartment and making up a story where she is still charged for manslaughter, yeah.

It's conceivable that she thought someone was in her apartment and wouldn't let her in. That would account for the banging and yelling. Dude finally opens and she unloads.

Lol, come on man, this isn't conceivable.

Back