Law Dallas - No longer prosecuting theft under $750 if person needed it and it wasn’t for economic gain

This is working out quite well in San Francisco where smash and grabs are extremely common.

Yes, everyone is fleeing SF. No one wants to move there anymore. Between the human feces and the smash and grabs it's becoming a ghost town. That's why it's third highest in cost of living for US cities. Simple supply and demand. RIP once majestic San Francisco!

Last edited:
Dallas is gonna be a top 5 dangerous city to live within 6 months.

I live near Dallas and it's literally the laughing stock of the metroplex.

Terrible schools, terrible roads, laughing stock of a mayor (Mike Rawlings), tons of rich neighborhoods yet the city is always whining about high crime and not having any money.

The zoning is some of the worst i've ever seen and has literally destroyed established neighborhoods. Dallas: "Lets build mediocre apartments near an award winning neighborhood/elementary school" (*10 years past and crime goes up 5x in the area and parents start sending all the prime kids to private schools instead) Dallas: "uhhhh how could this happen" ?

I have no idea how your literally short 1,000 police officers (they need optimal 3700-3800 and they have 2800 active right now) and STILL have a near bankrupt budget and a crumbling pension........

What's funny is all the suburbs that are near Dallas are ranked as top 100 best cities to live in the United States (Richardson, Plano, Allen, Frisco) but Dallas itself is medicore.

I expect this shit from lefty cities but Dallas!?
Dallas has gotten very bad. My police friend who actually got promoted to theft detective in the Fall just got put back on the street because there short almost 1,000 officers. Staffing is a huge reason why there doing this but there gonna spin it as "uhhh where helping give people another chance" (reality: nobody wants to work in your shit city and you no longer have the man power to prosecute/investigate your cases).

Last edited:
$750 would really help out an addict who's in desperate need to get his fix.

So grocery and convenience stores might as well close up shop.

You can go in there every single day and take whatever you want, all in the name of I have to eat, no charges for you.

Hotels, feel free to use our rooms every night.

Need medicine, go to the pharmacy and take what you want.

Good luck Dallas.

If someone willfully steals physical property they should be punished as severly as possible, maybe they get one opportunity to do right but a second offence And bye bye. Sure there would be exceptions but it's inexcusable...

This is the exact type of societal erosion the US will continue to see unless and until wealth and income inequality is aggressively addressed and its levels reduced. And a guaranteed (or, if you prefer, compulsory) jobs program needs to be part of that package.
Why should someone give a shit how rich someonelse is if they can live a comfortable life with their earnings? The problem is that we have too many poor people NOT people who make "too much". Let us solve that problem, for it is the real one.

That's not the logic at all. I'm talking about everything rising in equal proportion leading to further "inequality". But good point about taxes because a flat tax would lead to further "tax inequality" if both increased in the same measure. It runs on percentages, so it's just an inversion of income. If you'd like to run for office on "we're raising your tax burden, but don't worry because we're taking even more from people doing better than you", you're welcome to try.

Holy shit how can people be so dumb?

Now libs are arguing for theft. No wonder they supported MS-13 against Trump.

She was a 4.0 student last year. She has trouble sleeping to the point they wanted to put her on meds. She lost credit for a term she had a 3.7 in, and it cracked her. But I know, you're just a..... Nevermind.

This is borderline moronic. If you stop punishing people for "small" crimes, things start to fall apart pretty quick. This is an hour long but well worth the watch I expect this shit from lefty cities but Dallas!?

I wish local journalists did more stories like this for other cities, it was interesting

The city I live in, ruled by liberal compassion have turned it into a complete shit hole with similar policies. Junkies just running amok, stealing whatever they want with no consequences. The DA here just dismisses most all theft and drug charges and the law abiding citizens suffer the consequences.

Good luck to you Dallas, you're going to need it.

Make it under 150, and be very specific for "immediate need to eat or work."

If this is true as stated, and I havent looked, it's an abomination of America.

One of my kids has to go to an "alternative" high school for the rest of this year because of truancy.. The teachers let them fight and get away with it at certain times, and talk about having weed on them. Excuse my bluntness, but extra rights for black people because they can't meet minimum standards hurts everybody. That's what this is, and that's what's happening at my daughter's new temporary school.

There are soup kithens and EBT. Nobody needs to steal food.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back