Dallas Cowboys Schedule

I'm saying GSP was one of a kind in that he had legit sponsors and could sell out stadiums. The UFC currently doesn't have a star like GSP that could fill seats even when he was considered boring and safe.

You might be right about Dallas fans though. Even Troy Aikman said they were fake fans and the type to attend Cowboy games as a social event and not as true fans of the team.

People want to go just because it's at Cowboys Stadium. People that don't even watch MMA want to go. Can they fill it? I don't know. But I would not be surprised.

Conor Mc is doing well but he's not signed to Gatorade or UnderArmour like GSP was. Those are real major sports brands and I can't think of any other MMA fighter who comes close to having legit sponsors like that. Point is, GSP can fill 55k stadiums... the UFC cannot without him.

Conor has Reebok and Bud Light.

GSP filled a stadium in his home country, we don't know how well he could do in an American stadium. We also don't know how well Ronda or Conor would do alone, however we do know both have proven to draw well. We also know the UFC have proven to be able to pull 19k in Dallas...without their biggest draws. Factor in the potential for Brazilian and Irish traveling fans (and if they added Cain vs Werdum 2 then Hispanic fans as well) plus UFC fans from across the US who may be interested in going to a show of this magnitude, especially with strong marketing (which they would do)...and they are pulling a floor of probably 30k. Ticket prices would probably decide where the ceiling is but again with your stronger draws, a strong PPV main card and great marketing, not inconceivable that the ceiling is at least slightly bigger than Toronto at around 60k.

Conor has Reebok and Bud Light.

GSP filled a stadium in his home country, we don't know how well he could do in an American stadium. We also don't know how well Ronda or Conor would do alone, however we do know both have proven to draw well. We also know the UFC have proven to be able to pull 19k in Dallas...without their biggest draws. Factor in the potential for Brazilian and Irish traveling fans (and if they added Cain vs Werdum 2 then Hispanic fans as well) plus UFC fans from across the US who may be interested in going to a show of this magnitude, especially with strong marketing (which they would do)...and they are pulling a floor of probably 30k. Ticket prices would probably decide where the ceiling is but again with your stronger draws, a strong PPV main card and great marketing, not inconceivable that the ceiling is at least slightly bigger than Toronto at around 60k.

Reebok and Bud Light sponsor a few MMA fighters besides their deal with the UFC. Only GSP had Gatorade and UnderArmour. Bud Light has sponsored such individual stars as Shane Carwin, Efrain Escudero, and Rashad Evans.

http://mmapayout.com/blue-book/sponsors/

Granted the UFC 129 card in Toronto was stacked and didn't fill the stadium just for GSP. With what Hans Gercmiov said about fans attending for the spectacle I think the UFC could pull off a sell out of Cowboys Stadium, but they'd have to ruin several other cards to do it.

Traitor! Reminds me when Chelios went from the Blackhawks to the Red Wings. Some people have no loyalty. Dallas made a mistake letting Murray go.

Being the best rusher on the cowboys in what seems like 2 decades and then being disrespected by the organization.

He's smart to want to play them twice a year. Murray is gonna have 500 yards combined vs that weak cowboys defense next year.

OT:
I think they can fill the stadium. They just need to lower prices and comp a shit load lol.

Being the best rusher on the cowboys in what seems like 2 decades and then being disrespected by the organization.

He's smart to want to play them twice a year. Murray is gonna have 500 yards combined vs that weak cowboys defense next year.

OT:
I think they can fill the stadium. They just need to lower prices and comp a shit load lol.

Murray gets injured by week four. He's always been an injury riddled player, but it wasn't until last year that we found out that he is lacking in the heart department too. Suddenly on a contract season he can play a few days after hand surgery, what about every season before that? Suddenly his contract year he runs better than ever? What about the other seasons?

No doubt Demarco is talented and runs HARD, but behind Zach Martin and the rest of Dallas's line who couldn't? Joseph Randle is gonna be just fine, and if you saw him run last season you can't argue that. That is if he doesn't steal anymore underwear.

OT:

I kept hearing the commentators talk about lightening Murray's workload by giving him fewer snaps and carries. He's only 27 and averaged 25 carries a game last year, which doesn't seem like that much for NFL RBs. Maybe it was his previous injuries but he doesn't seem durable.

I think they can fill the stadium but they'll have to stack the card with Hendricks and Cain and a bunch of other big names and local boys and maybe 2 or 3 title fights. Plus the free tickets and lower prices too.

Dallas' O-line will make mcfadden and randle look great this year also. Murray was not special, he could run hard but i feel like Randle would have done just as well if not better if he got the ball as many times as demarco did.

Back