Daily Sodium Intake

TKDGrappler

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,
I'm working hard drop weight, recently ive cut down from 240 to 215, but now things are slowing down. I eventually want to be 185 so I've got a way to go. I think my sodium intake may be too high, but I'm not sure how to figure out a healthy daily intake. Any help with figuring out a good amount?

Under 1000 mg is generally a good rule of thumb.

In terms of sodium, just avoid salt or salty foods

condiments are okay just limit them to a couple tablespoons

my big problem is a lot of the chicken/turkey I eat has a lot of perservatives. In the range of 800mg of sodium per serving..Is there a way to wash that out or something. Like soaking it in water?

TKDGrappler said:
my big problem is a lot of the chicken/turkey I eat has a lot of perservatives. In the range of 800mg of sodium per serving..Is there a way to wash that out or something. Like soaking it in water?

do you prepare your own food? If so (and i know that this is the obvious answer) just don't use salt and/or replace it with miss dash.

Most of the time, i thought i could get precooked meats, but I guess i screwed up cause it just packed with the crap

Yeah i would just suggest buying chicken breast plain without seasoning then add what ever non high sodium condiment if needed.

I would suggest that you don't cut sodium too low cuz if you do you'll set yourself up for a nasty water retention rebound when you actually do take in sodium

Back