Daily Diet Regime - Need Advice

Thanks for the info.

Diet soda contain asparatime, corn syrup, hydrocloric acid and also as of late has been shown to not do anything as far as processing of the caloric sugar. You body actually learns to process the asparatime like sugar

Diet coke doesnt have corn syrup in it. I'm looking at the ingredients and don't see Corn Syrup anywhere on the list. Maybe its cuz I'm in the UK. Does US diet soda have Corn Syrup? I have a hard time believing that.

Also, what do you mean your body processes aparatime like sugar? There arent any calories in it so how does it matter?

Here is my question, are you eating your cereal with diet coke IN IT? or cereal and drinking diet coke on the side?

because you said you dont like milk i have a sinking feeling your putting diet coke in your cereal witch i would then need to flame you a little bit ;)

No, It's IN my cereal. Flame away.

As far as supplements take omega-3 capsules multivitamins, greens+ and protien shakes, which i take once a day with glutamine. the only other meats i eat are chicken breasts and lean turkey slices. also eat cottage cheese....i eat it with almost anything and everything. i have some veggie soup now and then and maybe baked beans once or twice a week for some extra fibre. usually eat egg whites to get the day started and if your gonna eat sandwiches make sure you use only 100% whole wheat bread and miracle whip or light mayo. remember, you need a lil fat intake everyday and forget the damn atkins diet....you need carbs. eat plenty of fruits and veggies every week and drink only water...............if you feel the need to drink milk, drink skim and just stay away from pop all together. Eat 5-6 well portioned meals a day

ive lost 28 pounds in the past 3 months now and have actually gained muscle mass to boot. i usually burn 1000+ calories per hourly cardio session which I do 3 times per week, not counting my heavy bag routine twice a week.....for the 1st month i usually went 20 minutes then 30 minutes.....now my cardiovascular is pretty damn good so i can usually go for 7-8 kilometers per session. make sure you stretch for atleast 10-15 minutes before and after cardio or weight training sessions.

remember to always keep 1 free day and so you shouldn't snack or cheat throughout the rest of your week. if you wanna keep exact tabs on your progress, get periodical bmi tests from your gym if they offer it. just make sure you push yourself ...>HARD......you should always set goals and stay focused. GET YOUR SLEEP. 8 hours....no less then 7 if you run on a tight schedule, and learn more then 1 or 2 excercises per muscle group....change it up by the week, your body will appreciate it.

hope this helps.

I don't actually lift at all. I train JJ 2/3 times a week (work permitting.) Sleep has been an issue; I work 12 hours a day (7-7 usually) and it doesnt permit for a perfect sleep regiment. How does sleep impact nutrition/physiology?

Thanks for the info.

Diet coke doesnt have corn syrup in it. I'm looking at the ingredients and don't see Corn Syrup anywhere on the list. Maybe its cuz I'm in the UK. Does US diet soda have Corn Syrup? I have a hard time believing that.

Also, what do you mean your body processes aparatime like sugar? There arent any calories in it so how does it matter?

No, It's IN my cereal. Flame away.

I don't actually lift at all. I train JJ 2/3 times a week (work permitting.) Sleep has been an issue; I work 12 hours a day (7-7 usually) and it doesnt permit for a perfect sleep regiment. How does sleep impact nutrition/physiology?

rest is crucial to people who keep a steady training regiment. the aveage person can go with 5-6 hours of sleep, but if you train even 3-5 days a week you should definitely get atleast 8 hours...................here is a clipping from an article for further info why:

"This is how sleep works: at night, when you lie down to sleep, your heart and breathing literally slows down. Your entire body and even your brain relaxes. Once you fall asleep, for fifteen minutes, your body lies in a very relaxed state and it hardly makes any movements. For another fifteen minutes, you then fall into a deeper sleep, after which you start dreaming. This may go on for an hour or so. Then you go back to light sleep, that relaxed state wherein your body hardly moves, and do the sequence over and over until morning. It is in the deep sleep portion, which is between light sleep and dreaming, that your body repairs itself."

yea...i usually get about 7 hours...def do the catch up thing on the weekend tho.

Is there a possibility of over-dosing on vitamin e? I am taking a multi and my fish oil caps have some as well. Just want to know if I plan on increasing my dosage of fish oil.

Is there a possibility of over-dosing on vitamin e? I am taking a multi and my fish oil caps have some as well. Just want to know if I plan on increasing my dosage of fish oil.

lol if there was i would have od'd by now haha.....i also take multivitamins and omega-3 capsules daily.

Absolutely you can. You won't die (I think), but it may harm you. There have been studies showing that too much vitamin E can be bad for you and even in smaller doses it may do nothing to help you.

A range of recent studies that suggest vitamin E supplementation in doses at or exceeding 400 IUs may increase the risk for premature death from chronic illness such as heart disease and cancer.

"Basically, what we're trying to do is let folks know that many Americans are still consuming too much vitamin E, and that too much is really not that good," said study co-author Ali H. Mokdad, of the Chronic Disease Center at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta.

Vitamin E supplements in the 400 IU range far exceed the current federally recommended dietary allowance (RDA) guideline set to reflect the daily nutritional needs of most healthy men, women and children. The RDA for vitamin E - according to the National Institutes of Health (NIH) - is 22.5 IUs for adults.

The NIH points out that vitamin E deficiency is rare, noting that the nutrient is found naturally in many food sources such as plant oils (including vegetable oil and margarine), leafy green vegetables, whole grain cereals, liver, egg yolks, milk, nuts, seeds and butter.

Are you going to stop drinking diet soda? There have been numerous post saying to stop drinking it. It just is not going to help your diet. Dude when your putting diet coke in your cereal you need to STOP!

Dude, I'm not putting it in there for shits and giggles; I hate the taste of milk and I need to put something in my cereal.

I see alot of comments but nothing backing it up. I mean, it doesn't help the diet but it also doesn't hurt it. Unless I am misunderstanding everything I've read.

I see alot of comments but nothing backing it up. I mean, it doesn't help the diet but it also doesn't hurt it. Unless I am misunderstanding everything I've read.

I agree with you. I wouldn't worry about the diet soda. It's not going to kill you. Your body isn't going to convert the aspartame into fat.

Just, like I said before, drink it in moderation. Excessive caffeine isn't the greatest thing.

Its just funny when people are like I want to lose weight okay well what do you eat... First thing you hear uh cereal with diet coke... people wonder why 65 percent of the people in America are over weight. Why don't you switch the cereal for oatmeal? and yes diet soda will hurt your weight loss

I just typed "diet soda" in Google, this was the second link. I'm a big fan of coffee and water.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20050613/drink-more-diet-soda-gain-more-weight

Drink More Diet Soda, Gain More Weight?
Overweight Risk Soars 41% With Each Daily Can of Diet Soft Drink
By Daniel J. DeNoon
WebMD Medical News
Reviewed by Charlotte E. Grayson Mathis, MD

June 13, 2005 -- People who drink diet soft drinks don't lose weight. In fact, they gain weight, a new study shows.

The findings come from eight years of data collected by Sharon P. Fowler, MPH, and colleagues at the University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio. Fowler reported the data at the annual meeting of the American Diabetes Association in San Diego.

"What didn't surprise us was that total soft drink use was linked to overweight and obesity," Fowler tells WebMD. "What was surprising was when we looked at people only drinking diet soft drinks, their risk of obesity was even higher."

In fact, when the researchers took a closer look at their data, they found that nearly all the obesity risk from soft drinks came from diet sodas.

"There was a 41% increase in risk of being overweight for every can or bottle of diet soft drink a person consumes each day," Fowler says.

Not nearly enough people have critiqued the fact that he takes in NO protein with breakfast.

Add eggs or some kind of Protein source, ditch the cheerios and opt for Oatmeal with fruit.

Eat a source of Protein every time you eat.

A little added background: I am allergic to eggs and i can't stand the taste of milk (and most dairy products.) When I say I cant stand it, i mean it makes me puke. Actually, the smell of it makes me a little sick to be honest.

I will cut down on Diet Coke; like 1/2 can per day. Should I replace with water/fruit juice?

What would be a good protein source for breakfast?

A little added background: I am allergic to eggs and i can't stand the taste of milk (and most dairy products.) When I say I cant stand it, i mean it makes me puke. Actually, the smell of it makes me a little sick to be honest.

I will cut down on Diet Coke; like 1/2 can per day. Should I replace with water/fruit juice?

What would be a good protein source for breakfast?

Chicken breast, turkey sausage, shake of some kind with protein powder mixed in, steak, etc.

Chicken breast, turkey sausage, shake of some kind with protein powder mixed in, steak, etc.

So my daily regime would be chicken for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

The cereal is easy and quick and I work in an office so I can't exactly grill up some random meat. The protien is a good idea. Might do that.

Anyone suggest bringing a blender into the office?

You can't eat any other protein source except chicken?
Fish, steak, turkey, beef, nuts, etc.

I would bring a blender...your co-workers will look at you funny but it will help with the weight loss.

Cook the food the night before and bring it in to heat up, usually what i do.

You can cook it the night before and warm it up in the morning. You shouldn't drink much fruit juce especially if it doesn't say 100 percent fruit juice. Just drink water it not that hard. Eat Oatmeal for breakfast. And ya basically your diet should consist of mainly grilled chicked, Fish, and maybe a little red meat, eat something green with almost every meal, eat some kind of nut for a snack

Actually, its not that odd to have a blender in the office. Maybe its just a function of where i work (finance) but people do it all the time. We had on in NY but not one here (got moved to London.)

I think blending up some protein might be the best and easiest option. Now I need to find on that taste alright. Any suggestions? I'm allergic to chocolate.

Back