Dae Hwan Kim : "I believe I am the NO.1 Korean Bantamweight."+ ranks other Korean BW

Hufusopem

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
25670_36044_5611_99_20150820111606.jpg

WHY HE RANKS HIMSELF THE BEST SOUTH KOREAN BANTAMWEIGHT

I am ready to be cursed at, but I believe I am the NO.1 Bantamweight in South Korea.

I have a good record of 10 wins with 1 loss and 1 draw. In my ONE FC debut I beat Thanh Vu standing then finished him on the ground. I even choked out the URCC Champion in one round, the same fighter that Soo Chul Kim went 3 rounds with. I did lose to Bibiano Fernandes, but for many reasons I believe I am the best bantamweight in South Korea. I might get cursed, but I say this with conviction and confidence.

I will become the UFC Bantamweight champion. I know I am lacking right now, but I believe I have almost infinite potential to grow. I don't know if I can become as famous as Conor Mcgregor, I just know I am as marketable as he is.
----------------------

Dae Hwan Kim's South Korean Bantamweight Rankings

2. Soo Chul Kim
In my opinion the NO.2 bantamweight is Soo Chul Kim. He seems like he has upgraded a level after his loss to Bibiano. He beat 3 UFC veterans in the 1st round. He is probably putting out the most eye catching performances right now.

3. Yoon Jun Lee

NO.3 would have to be Yoon Jun Lee. He has great finishing skills and has good cardio. His physical specs are also top notch.

4. Kyung Ho Kang

I am worried again about being cursed at for this, but I believe Kyung Ho Kang should be ranked 4th in South Korea. Just like his nickname Mr.Perfect indicates he is very athletic, has great wrestling, and is basically complete at everything. On the flipside he seems to not have the best finishing ability and also loses his focus as the fight goes on. He is probably the best in terms of pure technical abilities, but mentally he is not on the level of Soo Chul Kim or Yoon Jun Lee.

5. Kil Woo Lee
6. Jae Hoon Moon
7. Min Woo Kim
8. Yeong Seung Cho
9. Kwan Ho Kwak
10. Han Bin Park

On why Kwan Ho Kwak is ranked so low

I did hesitate at first because I was going to put him after Kyung Ho Kang, but I ranked him lower because I don't think TOP FC has a deep pool of fighters.

REFERENCE- http://sports.news.naver.com/sports...77&article_id=0000013705&date=20150820&page=1

i agree with a lot of his judgment of the other top korean BW's, but i would put soo chul kim at #1, yoon jun lee at #2, and dae hwan kim at #3.

I would put Soo Chul Kim, Kyung Ho Kang, and maybe Yoon Jun Lee over him but he would be competitive with all 3. I agree with his assessment on Kang though, he seems to mentally blank out late in fights at times. Bantamweight is deep with prospects in Korea, hopefully they start making their way into higher profile fights.

I personally have Dae Hwan Kim in the bottom tier in the Top 10. Soo Chul Kim, Yoon Jun Lee, and Kang should be big favorites over him.

I think most of the rest of the list are better prospects and I think might beat him but Kim has proven me wrong before so I give him the benefit of the doubt. Kwak has a much higher ceiling and I'm interested in seeing where Min Woo Kim and Young Seung Cho are at in a few years, not sure any of them would beat Dae Hwan Kim right now though. I do think Kang and Soo Chul are for sure better and have much higher ceilings than him and Yoon Jun Lee I would pick over him right now and definitely has a higher ceiling.

Wish Kim was able to take some fights (or would if he's allowed to) in ROAD and TOP instead of sitting on the sidelines in ONE.

He'll forever be an also ran as long as he's signed to ONE.

Unfortunately, hard to even rank Kyung ho Kang since he's sidelined until the end of his compulsory service.

Back