Dada 5000's Heart Stopped After The Fight

that's crazy. If Dada wants to get serious about fighting he needs to go train with professionals that will not only help him cut weight responsibly, but actually teach him how to fight.

lol that dudes career is over,not that he ever had one to begin with.

This thread was already made and wastelanded, not sure why. I will say this though, if it is indeed true this happened, we should consider boycotting Bellator for putting on this exploitative fight. I'm not trying to be funny, I'm dead serious.

People are going to come and say "he's a fighter, it's not on the promotion, blah blah blah". Here's the thing: the sketchy part is this event was in Texas, where the commission allows basically anything. I doubt they went out of their way to medically clear the fighters.

Had it been another state like California, or Nevada, these fights would never been sanctioned.

Bellator brass KNOWS this. Which is why they had the event in Texas, which basically goes to show you that fighter safety is not their concern.

#BoycottBellator
both fighters consented to fighting, that's stupid. go ahead with your boycott dude...SJW here.

I can see Bellator being out of business very, very soon.

Viacom won't want this shit attached to their name. Imagine if the guy died? Well, that was close to being a reality. Bellator is just embarrassing MMA and pushing the sport back 20 years.

I hope the dude is okay now, damn scary.

This thread was already made and wastelanded, not sure why. I will say this though, if it is indeed true this happened, we should consider boycotting Bellator for putting on this exploitative fight. I'm not trying to be funny, I'm dead serious.

People are going to come and say "he's a fighter, it's not on the promotion, blah blah blah". Here's the thing: the sketchy part is this event was in Texas, where the commission allows basically anything. I doubt they went out of their way to medically clear the fighters.

Had it been another state like California, or Nevada, these fights would never been sanctioned.

Bellator brass KNOWS this. Which is why they had the event in Texas, which basically goes to show you that fighter safety is not their concern.

#BoycottBellator

Pretty sure it was waste-landed because TS' headline said Dada was in critical condition.

Viacom won't want this shit attached to their name. Imagine if the guy died? Well, that was close to being a reality. Bellator is just embarrassing MMA and pushing the sport back 20 years.

I hope the dude is okay now, damn scary.

I can pretty much guarantee it was Viacom's idea.

Coker/Strikeforce bought EliteXC and they let Kimbo walk.

I would like to see some kind of official inquiry to see if something shady went on with his medical. Watching that fight and hearing of a freaking heart stoppage after, someone should question how he was sanctioned to fight. Last thing MMA needs is a guy collapsing in the cage and dying.

I would like to see some kind of official inquiry to see if something shady went on with his medical. Watching that fight and hearing of a freaking heart stoppage after, someone should question how he was sanctioned to fight. Last thing MMA needs is a guy collapsing in the cage and dying.
I'm also wondering if he took any short cuts with his weight cut. Anyone know if the main/co-main got tested, or only the fights that mattered?

He was honestly in really bad shape. For that to happen you really gotta be with a terrible diet and other habits. Along with the dehydration. He probably weighed 300lbs and had to cut 35lBS to make 265lbs. Honestly why is Bellator wasting their time on these non athletes?? Bellator should bless their lucky stars he didn't die. Honestly. The fight wasn't even held at a high pace. Kimbo probably would have beaten Dada to the punch for heart failure. Literally these two guys are crazy unhealthy. I make sure to keep my fitness level at a certain level and when I can't go anymore. I tap out. When I roll in bjj. If I cant go more than 2 5 minute rounds. I tap out and pull myself out and sit out. Dada should have quit on the stool after round 2 and not have come out to round 3. But I guess he saw Kimbo huffing air too and thought this is a race to who has a heart attack first. Lol.

both fighters consented to fighting, that's stupid. go ahead with your boycott dude...SJW here.

Let me ask you this: would you consider the possibility of your kidneys failing before engaging in a very physically stressful activity?

My point is Dada 5000 had fought before and he probably didn't really care too much about his health because "he had done it before". This is where a responsible doctor or commission comes in and denies someone a license to fight after a thorough medical exam.

Texas athletic commission is notoriously lazy and horrible.

The commission is to blame more than the promotion.

The entire point of having an athletic commission overseeing these events is so that the fighters remain safe.

Whatever clowns were running the show last night are the ones who should be blamed for medically clearing him if he was in such shit shape even before the fight.

Not to mention the whole "optional" hand wrapping nonsense.

Let me ask you this: would you consider the possibility of your kidneys failing before engaging in a very physically stressful activity?

My point is Dada 5000 had fought before and he probably didn't really care too much about his health because "he had done it before". This is where a responsible doctor or commission comes in and denies someone a license to fight after a thorough medical exam.
I understand what the commission's role is. My point is nobody made Dada take this fight. If he's not worried about how his body would respond to a highly stressful physical activity like fighting especially seeing that he's not in the greatest shape, he's simply an idiot. That being said, he's still free to participate in a fight if someone will have him. Is this Bellator's problem that Dada doesn't give a shit about his health enough to know whether he's in condition to fight or not?

I understand what the commission's role is. My point is nobody made Dada take this fight. If he's not worried about how his body would respond to a highly stressful physical activity like fighting especially seeing that he's not in the greatest shape, he's simply an idiot. That being said, he's still free to participate in a fight if someone will have him. Is this Bellator's problem that Dada doesn't give a shit about his health enough to know whether he's in condition to fight or not?

To answer your question: yes, it is.

It was irresponsible for them to let him fight, and exploitative.

...and how the fuck did he get cleared to fight? Nice medical.

dang and I had commented on how i thought one of those guys could have heart failure at any moment. crazy

"Tell the emts to keep the stretcher ringside for that guy, he's gonna need it" Dada 5000

Back