Da Un Jung biggest favorite on card VS Sam Alvey

Read the title, yet in my head I pictured it was short -fused Ed . Got my gingers mixed up. Was hoping to see that cheating-ass old bass get Shanghai’d. Awwwww nuts.

He’s obviously good enough to make it into the UFC but he’ll never be a contender. I don’t even see him as a gate keeper. Some fighters are just kept around because they have a name. Don’t forget CM Punk fought in the UFC at one point.

When a guy has double digits fights in the UFC he's clearly UFC caliber though. He still has a winning record over the course of 19 fights despite being on a four fight skid. Clearly if he loses this one he'll get bounced but the guy has had a much longer UFC than the vast majority of fighter.

Dana's face is looking terrible
tenor.gif
That's not Dana. Not nearly purple enough and looks far too human

Alvey can be a weirdly tough dude to look good against. I heavily favored Ryan Spann against him and Spann won comfortably, but Alvey had him in deep trouble and Spann never really seemed to take control.
I had Spann in a big parlay so I was glad he won, but I really thought Alvey was going to get the decision when the final bell rang.

Watched the old stuff on him

seems very hesitant in attack and sketchy AF on the backfoot in reverse mode

Put $20 on Alvey by decision +900........ then looked at his decision record lol! Looks like I threw $20 into the wind.

Should he really be favored this much? Worth putting some money on Smilin Sam? Hes on a 4 fight skid but Im not sure Jung wouldnt have gone 0-4 against the same schedule

Jung is -400
I actually betted Alvey, he looked okay in his last fight. Have to say it's a risky parley, so probably not seeing the money back ;D

He’s obviously good enough to make it into the UFC but he’ll never be a contender. I don’t even see him as a gate keeper. Some fighters are just kept around because they have a name. Don’t forget CM Punk fought in the UFC at one point.
Alvey is a nice stepping stone. If a prospect loses to Alvey, he is done. If he beats Sam, he can fight a gatekeeper

Hopefully Dr Jung wouldn't turn out to be as disappointing as other korean prospects like Korean Superboy

Hopefully Dr Jung wouldn't turn out to be as disappointing as other korean prospects like Korean Superboy

There hasnt been a good, heavy azn fighter since like Yuki Kondo or Fujita lol

I forgot this was an early start, went to check ESPN for scores and it was streaming live

Gotta be fucking kidding me. The only bet that would've netted more money hit lol!

They both suck, Jung was losing rounds to Ibragimov, who is probably the worst LHW in UFC the past 5 years.

Sam Alvey, low output and slow-mo counter-attacking sucks as well but i think this will be much closer than people expect. Alvey iron chin, over 1.5 rounds @ 1.65 odds is the obvious play here.
this aged nicely.

Back