D3 vitamin intake

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by indo80, Sep 25, 2018.

1. indo80

indo80 Purple Belt

How much D3 do you take in a day? i'm currently doing 4000 IU per day on days i dont get any sun whereas will not take it on days that i do get some sun. Do you also combine it with K2 vitamin? These are the only vitamins i take.

2. Beechwood

Beechwood Green Belt

I'm somewhat similar to you. I was taking 5000ius a day of vitamin D3, but stopped taking it a few years ago. Now I sensibly sunbathe a few times a week. During the cooler months I'll use a vitamin D light. I personally suspect that the vitamin D3 capsules were not helping me much. It is likely the sun exposure that has been giving me benefit.

indo80 and Pressure Project like this.
  3. TidWell

TidWell Silver Belt

4. ocean size

ocean size Black Belt

There may have been a vitamin d scam, but vitamin d isn't a scam. The scientifically reported benefits (and widespread deficiency) go beyond what one doctor said.

Examine.com's summary contains 380ish sources.
    https://examine.com/supplements/vitamin-d/

adnatal and Sano like this.
  5. TidWell

TidWell Silver Belt

Oh for sure, its just a scam that you need to megadose it and that every one needs to supplement it, people who have dark skin need to supplement Vit D and you dont need much, some people are megadosing it like 5000iu

Im darker skin and I only take 1000 to 2500 iu every other day, pale or white people are lucky in the aspect that they can get enough Vit D from sunlight in short minutes a day 10 to 15, but they also risk skin cancer while darker skin people like myself would need much more sunlight, if you live in a place with little sun you need to supplement D3.

https://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/qa/how-can-dark-skin-lead-to-vitamin-d-deficiency

6. ocean size

ocean size Black Belt

Maybe in the summer. Most higher latitude places most people are deficient.

I haven't done the blood tests but many people have- tiny person Rhonda Patrick for example has found 4000 iu puts her in the sweet spot but her friend was too high taking 5000 because she's in the sun ever day.

7. TidWell

TidWell Silver Belt

Yeah like i take lower dose, because its fat soluble it stays in your liver and your system which can be dangerousso i dont dose high, if it were water soluble like b vitamins you would just piss away what your body doesnt need.

8. RayA

RayA Brown Belt

Is there any specific brands you guys take, if it matters? Looking on Amazon, and they all look the same except price.

9. TidWell

TidWell Silver Belt

Most of them are the same just get a D3 soft gel dont take tablet or powder form

I used to get those deals on Puritan Pride for cheap they have specials right now they have a 20 percent off coupon sale

https://www.puritan.com/

RayA likes this.
  10. PubliusVentidius

PubliusVentidius Galore Bofando is the GOAT crew

I haven't investigate the mechanism but vitamin d3 helps me a lot when I have a cold, it's like if I have a running nose I pop 2000 ui of d3 and that shit stops instantly.

I only take it in those rare instances tho as there is plenty of sun here, and getting vitamin D from sun exposure also lowers cholesterol which d3 supplementation doesn't do.

Korolla likes this.
  11. TidWell

TidWell Silver Belt

It could be placebo Ive taken D3 and still got sick lol, but I think what helped me was taking antioxidants there was a brand of Vitamin C I used to take from puritan pride it was a capsule and had tiny little pellets I took that all year an never got a cold, I stopped taking Vitamin C though because I read it could cause kidney stones or something.

But if you want something good for congestion and mucous when sick take NAC its good for the liver too. they give it to people who get Tylenol poisoning .

12. Midnighter

Midnighter Silver Belt

Yo mama is fat soluble.

13. TidWell

TidWell Silver Belt

Go eat some D already

14. Midnighter

Midnighter Silver Belt

Reported

Sir Punchalot and Johnsonville like this.
  15. RayA

RayA Brown Belt

Any opinions on whether vitamin D3 supplements with soybean oil be avoided? I keep hearing and researching mixed reviews on the "dangers" of soy being included in your diet.

16. Eisenhans

Eisenhans Yellow Belt

I can tell you from personal experience that being pale like a ghost and going outside for 10-15 minutes daily is a sure-fire way to become extremely deficient in Vitamin D.

17. TidWell

TidWell Silver Belt

how so?

18. NoSmilez

NoSmilez Black Belt

You should check your results from a blood test to see if you even need it.

19. TidWell

TidWell Silver Belt

if your balls are small its a good indicator

20. deadshot138

deadshot138 Black Belt

I take 6000iu a day, work 3rd shift and sleep during the daylight hours.

TidWell likes this.