Crime Tennessee State Senator(D) Katrina Robinson indicted on 48 counts. Faces 20yrs

Lock her up and throw away the key. These people need to be held to a much higher standard.

LOL I almost made a thread about this as a joke because I knew it would get blown up here once the right wing got word (story came out a few days ago).
She sounds like a criminal, and she is a state senator. Congrats on showing you incredible bias and/or shit reading skills with that title.

sdDIG5K.gif

I doubt it. Two actual federal Republican congressmen - Duncan Hunter and Chris Collins - have been reelected in the past 3 years after major corruption indictments. Both were convicted and sentenced.

Can you name any Democratic congresspeople that have been reelected like that?

Hell, Democratic voters forced Katie Hill to resign just for fucking a legal aide. Blagojevich was forced by fellow Democrats to resign immediately. The idea that Democrats are the party that tolerates corruption in their representatives? Fucking priceless.

Was able to fit both charges and the sentence but didn't have the room to put "State" before Senator.

Marion Barry.

$600,000 (that they know of) for a state senator. Imagine how much many more are stealing from us, and imagine the numbers at the federal level!
The working class is being stolen from on an epic scale via our tax dollars.

I wonder how she thought she was going to get away with it. In my limited experience, local politicians have their fingers in the till in so many ways. $600k in less than 4 years is going to flag anyone's radar. I'm guessing this is how she financed her campaign and it probably pissed someone off.

Newscaster is mighty fine

Good, they need to make examples out of these fucks when caught.

You can be damn sure it’s happening on both sides of the aisle, from the local level and up. I don’t care what letter is next to their name.

i agree. too bad these politicians arent held to a higher standard. they'll give her a reduced sentence and she'll be out in 5 years for good behavior

LOL I almost made a thread about this as a joke because I knew it would get blown up here once the right wing got word (story came out a few days ago).
She sounds like a criminal, and she is a state senator. Congrats on showing you incredible bias and/or shit reading skills with that title.
I saw it too, but I don't give a shit that she's a dem. It's all of them, at every level theiving from us. Fuck those fucking fucks. I would not be against the death penalty for grotesque taxpayer graft by a politician. Hang her if it's true. Just like (R) Householder in OH, here. House leader or whatever, state level. Hang him if it's true.

I wonder how she thought she was going to get away with it. In my limited experience, local politicians have their fingers in the till in so many ways. $600k in less than 4 years is going to flag anyone's radar. I'm guessing this is how she financed her campaign and it probably pissed someone off.
I read it yesterday or the day before, but I thought she got millions to finance her business (nurse's aide teaching schools or something) but burned through $600,000 in 4 years on personal expenditures in addition to paying herself $130,000 salary out of it which was beyond the legal limit in the funding agreement. I want to know how it takes 4 years to notice that level of malfeasance though, you know? We're in a bad place with the thieving of taxpayer dollars that's going on. For the last 30/40 years, especially. Just absurd amounts of massive theft and graft.

I read it yesterday or the day before, but I thought she got millions to finance her business (nurse's aide teaching schools or something) but burned through $600,000 in 4 years on personal expenditures in addition to paying herself $130,000 salary out of it which was beyond the legal limit in the funding agreement. I want to know how it takes 4 years to notice that level of malfeasance though, you know? We're in a bad place with the thieving of taxpayer dollars that's going on. For the last 30/40 years, especially. Just absurd amounts of massive theft and graft.
It didn't take 4 years to notice. She ran for office in 2018 and beat a 12 year incumbent. Once that happened, the knives came out.

If she had just grifted silently without running for public office, she probably could done it for years to come. But once you step into the political arena, it's cut throat. The incumbent could have outed her. The incumbent's party could have outed her. People in her party who think she jumped ahead in line could have out her. Maybe she's a bitch and pissed off the wrong person in the hierarchy. But the timing is too close to be natural law enforcement, imo. Like I said, local politicians grift in so many ways and never get arrested that I can't see this just being bad luck.

I want her in jail.
I'm just not wiping my drool off the floor calling her (D) Senator in my title liking a right wing troll who seemingly wants to imply she is a national political representative, rather than someone who represents a small fraction of the shittiest part of memphis?

That sounds pretty racist to call her district the shittiest part of Memphis. I seem to recall that Trump took heat for pointing out blighted cities.

One of the good things about technology is the “pulling back of the curtain” so to speak on corrupt politicians. True character seems to be revealed in many cases. Hope politics keeps getting more transparent if not more cleaned up.

If she was republican Trump would probably pardon her.

I want her in jail.
I'm just not wiping my drool off the floor calling her (D) Senator in my title liking a right wing troll who seemingly wants to imply she is a national political representative, rather than someone who represents a small fraction of the shittiest part of memphis?

Calm down. Take your medication.

Breathe.

That sounds pretty racist to call her district the shittiest part of Memphis. I seem to recall that Trump took heat for pointing out blighted cities.
I just can't imagine what the shittiest part of Memphis is like nowadays. Well, maybe. I know a guy down there who lives like damn Gran Torino because he's older (late 60s?) and the house is one his folks built in like 1950 and he's never leaving but it's fucking Thunderdome where he lives. Bars on every window and shit, and he loves the house and is tied to the land from when it was like a little piece of heaven on that street. I can't remember the name of the area/street, but could probably figure a way to ask him on the sly. And I'm SURE there are worse areas, but it's rough as hell in that area, too. I think Memphis is pretty rough over all now, right?

Back