Media D. Figueiredo: I fought Moreno in 21 days & We tied. I gave him the rematch and now he's denying me

Well, a draw is one of the rare times that a instant rematch is justified. In the 2nd fight he just got soundly beat. Besides, too many damn quick rematches lately.

The first fight was competitive and a draw. So rematch made sense. But the rematch was a complete domination by Brandon. It wasnt even close. So obviously nobody wants a trilogy and Deveison should probably move up because he struggles alot to cut to 125
Could you please describe things accurately? ? ? ?

Moreno finished the fight but it wasn't a "domination," it was back and forth with Moreno edging it. Sheesh.

Could you please describe things accurately? ? ? ?

Moreno finished the fight but it wasn't a "domination," it was back and forth with Moreno edging it. Sheesh.
Not true,
1st round Figgy got knocked down and out struck by a large margin

2nd he got out struck closely and taken down, was his best round.

3rd he got merked.

He was behind for every second of the fight.. Round 2 was close, but still very decisive.

Figueiredo saved the FLW division, if this were purely about him getting another title shot then he 100% deserves an automatic rematch.

But Figueiredo does not appear to be able to consistently make FLW healthy and in a state that allows him to perform to the best of his abilities.

Even if Figueiredo wins the rematch, the same issue that impeded his performance against Moreno will arise again against a different challenger.

Figgy needs to demonstrate he can make the weight and perform to the best of his abilities or move up to BW and it really appears the latter is where he should be.
That pretty much covers it.

Back