1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Media D. Figueiredo: I fought Moreno in 21 days & We tied. I gave him the rematch and now he's denying me

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Peli, Aug 3, 2021.

1. Peli Silver Belt

I fought him in 21 days and we tied. I won, of course in the fight, they took a point. He did a little show saying I stuck my finger in his eye. Anyway, if it hadn't been for the stitches, I would have won the fight. I immediately gave him the rematch and now he's denying me. Even so, I'll keep cursing him for giving me this rematch.
    https://ge.globo.com/pa/noticia/dei...o-de-luta-marajoara-no-interior-do-para.ghtml

2. Jose Beehive No.1 Soldier Of God Gif User

Moreno should not be obliged imo, Figgy should need another top 5 win for a shot.

Moreno Bless!
    [​IMG]

3. Mesos Black Belt

The first fight was competitive and a draw. So rematch made sense. But the rematch was a complete domination by Brandon. It wasnt even close. So obviously nobody wants a trilogy and Deveison should probably move up because he struggles alot to cut to 125

4. Peli Silver Belt

depends. Figgy is a good dance partner who can make them both a lot of money in the 3rd fight.

wannabetoughguy likes this.
  5. Jose Beehive No.1 Soldier Of God Gif User

I thought he looked absolutely diabolically shit in the rematch, had it at all been competitive then maybe.

Dude Incredible and ryun253 like this.
  6. Sweater of AV Gold Belt

Absolutely no reason for an immediate trilogy fight. Deiveson got his ass handed to him.

As for the first fight, Deiveson is delusional. It was a great fight but he clearly committed fouls.

IngaVovchanchyn and Jose Beehive like this.
  7. fandangler101 Brown Belt

That counter elbow is dope!! Great post.

M.U.S.C.L.E. and Jose Beehive like this.
  8. Dorkman Silver Belt

He got a rematch because Fig fought to a draw after fouling him. Then Moreno Convincingly stopped Fig. When you get finished convincingly. You don't deserve a rematch. Unless you maybe have some sort of really bolstered legacy before you lost. But Fig does not have that. Go win another fight fig as it's now been 2 fights in a row where you haven't been able to come away with the W.

kuf likes this.
  9. 3nigma Brown Belt

He doesn't have a valid point.

You usually have a rematch after a draw especially in a title fight. No need for a rematch after one fighter dominated the other.

fortheo likes this.
  10. fortheo Titanium Belt

Figgy vs. Garbrandt for number one contender seemed like the logical fight to make. I'm not sure what they do with figgy now. Maybe they give him Askarov?

TheVenom and Jose Beehive like this.
  11. COBRA03 Black Belt

They don't need to fight 3 times in a row. Other guys in division deserve a shot too.

12. Jose Beehive No.1 Soldier Of God Gif User

That would be a very interesting fight i'd love to see, but then who does Moreno fight if not Askarov next?

fortheo likes this.
  13. Peli Silver Belt

I thought moreno won the first fight and thought it was bs that it was a draw especially after the deduction, but that being said. It's not about competition I'm selling it on it. I'm selling on it promotion. You can sell footage of the first fight, you can sell the moreno knockdown and choke, and you can sell Wallid's WWE style trashtalking. Mexicans were booing the fuck out of Figgy.

Fight wise, it makes no sense, but there's not a lot of fights fans want to see with flyweights. Lets keep it real. This division was almost cut.

14. Shoden Yellow Card Yellow Card

No thanks...he got destroyed, no doubt about it.

Im tired of ultimate fighting rematch, give other fighters, title shots!

15. chinarice Steel Belt

Looking at the FLW rankings, there is little for him to do outside a rematch with Moreno and a fight with Askarov.

Fig has wins over #3 Pantoja, #4 Perez, #5 Benavidez

Does he fight Royval if they beat Pantoja? The division badly needs a Garbrandt win or could use MM or Cejudo back.

IngaVovchanchyn likes this.
  16. sdpdude9 Red Belt

Weird false equivalence. A draw and a dominant finish are very different outcomes. Figueiredo doesn’t deserve an immediate rematch, but he’s just one win away.

Paolo Delutis likes this.
  17. Jose Beehive No.1 Soldier Of God Gif User

I presume you mean you thought Figgy won the 1st fight? From a promotion point of view you are right, a 3rd fight has $ potential for the reasons you listed, but if Figgy could convincingly beat Askarov or Cody or some shit then the 3rd fight is a lot more sellable and makes a lot more sense.. Trouble is there aren't many top contenders or highly popular stars in that division right now.

Figgy should have looked better in fight 2 than 1, but he came with Tyron Woodley output.. As a 33 year old Flyweight who struggles with weight cuts, I don't think he has much time left at the top.

18. Shocktagon Brown Belt

Half of the title fights he's been in were marred by his fouls and lack of professionalism. He's entitled and delusional if he thinks anyone owes him anything.

19. UFCIsNOTRigged Yellow Card Yellow Card

Figueiredo saved the FLW division, if this were purely about him getting another title shot then he 100% deserves an automatic rematch.

But Figueiredo does not appear to be able to consistently make FLW healthy and in a state that allows him to perform to the best of his abilities.

Even if Figueiredo wins the rematch, the same issue that impeded his performance against Moreno will arise again against a different challenger.

Figgy needs to demonstrate he can make the weight and perform to the best of his abilities or move up to BW and it really appears the latter is where he should be.

Dude Incredible and CieloLuce like this.
  20. CieloLuce my casual belt is fine.

I like Figgy and JBG disciple who is entertaining to watch, but, the reality is that his weight cutting finally caught up to him at FLW.

He cant perform the same way, he practically was crying last time when he made 125lb.

For his longevity just take a break or move up.